Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
I wish I had an peaceful and reliable accident...

• Love
Reactions: AprilsBlessings, Ndaneta, Bauhaus and 6 others
KLUF

KLUF

Jun 16, 2020
"Method: Close doors and windows, light a moderate fire in a room I'm going to sleep in" don't mind me taking notes.

Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much and GoodPersonEffed
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Rocket1Rocket1, Superdeterminist and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
We can't be sure about this. I bet there is a certain percentage of people who died accidentally who were also suicidal or at least unhappy with their lives.

This also could have been intentional. If someone knows this is a common way to die, and the couple agreed on the choice to suicide, it could be that's what it was.

Theregoesthatidea

Theregoesthatidea

ಥ﹏ಥ
Jul 7, 2020
We can't be sure about this. I bet there is a certain percentage of people who died accidentally who were also suicidal or at least unhappy with their lives.
Actually that's pretty true!

I read this article once about how there is an unknown percentage of car accidents are actually suicides. Riveting stuff

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, I felt similar sentiments too. A few years ago, one of my friends and old roommate from many years ago, suddenly passed away and cause unknown. He had just graduated over half a year ago and while he isn't doing well financially, he was living under his parents' roof. Everything seemed to be fine and normal and in fact, he isn't the type to CTB and is rather enthusiastic about life in general, played with a band, and generally doing alright (despite the financial setback) in life. All of a sudden, I got news from an acquaintance that he just passed away in early 2017. I am saddened by his passing because I know he wanted to live and experience life.

Anyways, with that said, back to the main point. Yes, I think as far as life is concerned, it is cruel both for people who want to live and people who want to die. For those who want to live, their lives are cut short by a tragedy, an accident, and/or unfortunate event (wrong place, wrong time), bad luck, etc. However, for people who want to CTB, life finds a way to cheat us out of the sweet release from this hellish existence.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Ndaneta and Superdeterminist
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Not really an accident, but kind of similar...
My best friend died of a terminal illness when he was 18. He wasn't ready to go. He didn't want to die. I wish it was me who had the illness and he could still be living today.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: disabledandhopeless, airboy_a380 and ocd is bad
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
The fucking lottery of life. One man is merrily walking down the street, whistling a happy tune when a drunken driver runs him over. One man attempts to commit suicide for years and fails each time. They're both fucked.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, VIBRITANNIA, WearyWanderer and 1 other person
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Life is never fuckin fair

S

sickb0y

Jul 25, 2020
Will a similar think with some candles work?

Last edited:
Ndaneta

Ndaneta

Jun 24, 2020
This also could have been intentional. If someone knows this is a common way to die, and the couple agreed on the choice to suicide, it could be that's what it was.
Yes, it could have been intentional but there was a baby involved. Not many people make the ctb decision for a voiceless child as well

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Yes, it could have been intentional but there was a baby involved. Not many people make the ctb decision for a voiceless child as well

If things are bad enough, it can be a way to save the child from something worse. Like village women who, when soldiers are coming to rape and pillage and kidnap, will throw their children from a cliff and then jump themselves. Or the family in India, I believe it was, who went to a hotel and gave their children food with SN and then themselves.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I read stories of those who have died of cancer, I see their happy smiling photos, read their happy life stories, and I think life is cruel for taking them so soon
I read stories of people dying in car accident's or similar, as prior, happy photos happy stories, their life stolen in a single moment, waking up not realising you would not be going home that day. Never saying goodbye to family etc.

Nature is cruel, life is cruel, at least we will have the chance to say goodbye even if loved one's don't realise that is what we are planning

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Yes. Although eventually everyone dies, but those who really want to live always find death easily and we the suicidals seem to be condemned to live. Everyday seems eternal.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Yes. Although eventually everyone dies, but those who really want to live always find death easily and we the suicidals seem to be condemned to live. Everyday seems eternal.
This might just be an effect of perspective, and not objectively true.

From the point of view of the suicidal, it seems like those who want to live find death easily, and those who want to die are condemned to live in slow motion.
But this is because the suicidal person is thinking about this all the time, is having to constantly grapple with SI when wanting to ctb, is on heightened alert for signs of death etc. So from their perspective, they see apparently non-suicidal ppl die and think the death just came easily, whereas they are having to struggle through life without wanting to live and without an easy means to make it stop.

But it's the mental state of the suicidal that creates this illusion, which you actually illustrated when you said "every day seems eternal".
Sorry if I haven't made myself very clear here. had a bit of alcohol

Reactions: Bastet
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Infanticide followed by suicide is a lot more common than you think, and the rates are rising steadily. It doesn't know any cultural bounds, it happens everywhere. Do a google search on it, you'll be shocked at how many cases you find.

TheAntidote87

TheAntidote87

I'm gonna try to nullify my life
Jul 26, 2020
Happened to me except I didn't die I was in an accident that took everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: disabledandhopeless
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
It seems like those people who want to live are the ones who die accidentally whilst us who really wish to die find it hard to successfully pull it off. The family in the news died accidentally in their sleep
https://www.herald.co.zw/three-family-members-die-in-brazier-tragedy/
I know right, I have thought about this a lot. I wish I could give my life to someone who is struggling with some illness or whatever so they can go on. The kind and nice people always die

Reactions: Worthless_nobody and disabledandhopeless
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
It's life's cruelty.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Life is brutal and cruel...it's all based on luck. I would gladly give any health functioning organs to someone who wanted to live.

Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much