D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
My parents want me to 'act positive' and never mention depression. I find this really hard as I have severe, treatment resistant depression. I can't even suspend my disbelief long enough to watch a TV show. I just feel like another brick in the wall & watching TV does nothing to alleviate my depression. The only thing that seems to work is sleeping. I want to sleep forever, life is so hard...

• Hugs
Reactions: Sick of it all, Umbreon, Seul and 9 others
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
I'm really sorry you've been feeling this way, I can only imagine how exhausting it must all be for you. You shouldn't be forced to act positively if you're in so much pain, it's really unfortunate that your parents don't understand your struggles. You shouldn't need to put up a front for anybody, depression is difficult enough as it is. At the very least, you don't need to 'act positive' on here, I hope that can bring you a little bit of comfort, because you really deserve some. If you ever need to talk, we're all here for you, okay? My heart goes out to you. :heart:

Reactions: Sick of it all, Umbreon, Pookie and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Life is painful I agree, at least it will all end someday. I feel like it would be easier if we could make our bodies sleep for more hours to get an break.

• Hugs
Reactions: Seul, Meditation guide, demuic and 2 others