KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
... and yet are the most destructive things in the long run. You get instant relief of symptoms from a few drinks or a few crushed pills though. Meanwhile, SSRIs and talk therapy works little more than placebo and they offer that. Why don't they research how to produce aalcohol in pill form without the bad side effects? Or how to make benzos or opioid pills that don't build up tolerance so fast?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LittleBlackCat, bramblebamblebambe, notadaisy and 6 others
dazed.daydreamer

dazed.daydreamer

Jun 26, 2024
I hate how much alcohol helps with my depression and dissociation. I usually feel more alert and grounded after a couple of drinks than when sober. It usually functions as a distraction that makes me feel a bit better, more myself and open with others, and makes long nights pass more quickly. Even on the nights when it makes me feel worse, at least it lets me feel those emotions a bit more, rather than be completely stuck in that weird painful numbness a lot of us here probably know too well.

Reactions: LittleBlackCat, Innereye and grauzone
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
I hate how much alcohol helps with my depression and dissociation. I usually feel more alert and grounded after a couple of drinks than when sober. It usually functions as a distraction that makes me feel a bit better, more myself and open with others, and makes long nights pass more quickly. Even on the nights when it makes me feel worse, at least it lets me feel those emotions a bit more, rather than be completely stuck in that weird painful numbness a lot of us here probably know too well.
Yeah, in low doses, alcohol works like a stimulant but with relaxing feelings. I get shit done (like cleaning) on a few drinks but without feeling stress. It's just unfortunate our livers cannot handle much of it. I wonder why they don't research for a way to use alcohol's effects but by lessening the toxic effect on organs. I mean, even some of their useless antidepressives have toxic effects, but we're supposed to tolerate that even though they give no relief for the mind.

lalaloopsy

lalaloopsy

●︿●
Oct 10, 2024
yesss, alcohol/some drugs are the only things that make me feel like a normal person, that make me not an anxious mess.

i've tried therapy and medication and maybe it helps a little bit? but these are instant cures. i wish they'd just legalise some drugs that help, like people are already doing them, but at least it could be a bit safer if they were legal and regulated

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That's so true about other things in life too. I find food comforting in the moment but, I hate being overweight. A carrot really doesn't help as much as chocolate but my body seems clueless to know what to do with chocolate. Sometimes I wonder if there are any nice things that don't have horrible consequences.

Reactions: KillingPain267
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
yesss, alcohol/some drugs are the only things that make me feel like a normal person, that make me not an anxious mess.

i've tried therapy and medication and maybe it helps a little bit? but these are instant cures. i wish they'd just legalise some drugs that help, like people are already doing them, but at least it could be a bit safer if they were legal and regulated
Safer, AND CHEAPER. I abused oxycodone pills and they made me soooo relaxed that I ended up postponing ctb and throwing my SN away. But then it started hitting my finances because street oxy is 10-15 times more expensive than if bought from the pharmacy.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yeah, the building up a tolerance thing can be a bitch. Having said that I tried to up my SSRI dose from 30mg to 40mg. The side effects were horrendous, so I got scaled back. I rarely drink alcohol anymore , but If I do I take Milk thistle (which is a powerful liver re-generative herb). It's best to practice all things in moderation. We still need these bodies to function, well, while we are still occupying them.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2024
I rarely drink but when I do a few drinks makes me feel relaxed and almost normal

lalaloopsy

lalaloopsy

●︿●
Oct 10, 2024
Safer, AND CHEAPER. I abused oxycodone pills and they made me soooo relaxed that I ended up postponing ctb and throwing my SN away. But then it started hitting my finances because street oxy is 10-15 times more expensive than if bought from the pharmacy.
too real :( ket really helped me mentally, for a couple weeks after i felt clearer, like i imagine a normal person feels?

i had a couple months where i felt like i was actually living. but it was so expensive to keep up, i had to stop, and now im back here again :/

leavingsoonx

leavingsoonx

Sep 22, 2024
... and yet are the most destructive things in the long run. You get instant relief of symptoms from a few drinks or a few crushed pills though. Meanwhile, SSRIs and talk therapy works little more than placebo and they offer that. Why don't they research how to produce aalcohol in pill form without the bad side effects? Or how to make benzos or opioid pills that don't build up tolerance so fast?
I would gladly be prescribed things like Ativan and Xanax and be addicted to them over medical professionals saying they don't help and are addictive. Just my opinion as someone who's never allowed to have actual help

Reactions: divinemistress36
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
I would gladly be prescribed things like Ativan and Xanax and be addicted to them over medical professionals saying they don't help and are addictive. Just my opinion as someone who's never allowed to have actual help
Yeah, mee too. I got my doc to prescribe pregabalin, but it only takes a little edge off my anxiety and she doesn't want to up my dose, and instead suggested I take a walk daily to heal more, lol

theolivanderroach

theolivanderroach

Sep 20, 2024
I started injecting hydromorphone early this year and it's the ONE thing that made me actually want to keep living. But then that also means living as an addict. Alcohol is hit or miss for me. Either I feel great with no anxiety, or it makes me feel depressed x1000 and anxious and even a bit psychotic. Benzos don't do much except help me sleep, which of course I love because less time spent awake is less suffering.

Reactions: divinemistress36
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
I started injecting hydromorphone early this year and it's the ONE thing that made me actually want to keep living. But then that also means living as an addict. Alcohol is hit or miss for me. Either I feel great with no anxiety, or it makes me feel depressed x1000 and anxious and even a bit psychotic. Benzos don't do much except help me sleep, which of course I love because less time spent awake is less suffering.
Same for me. My drugs of choice are opioids first by far, then alcohol and then benzos. Strangely enough, benzos are the drug I am not abusing since, like you, they just make me sleepy, lol. I wonder if they are then useless for the SN method?

theolivanderroach

theolivanderroach

Sep 20, 2024
Same for me. My drugs of choice are opioids first by far, then alcohol and then benzos. Strangely enough, benzos are the drug I am not abusing since, like you, they just make me sleepy, lol. I wonder if they are then useless for the SN method?
It probably is useless for SN but I plan on taking opioids before SN anyway because I want to leave on a high note lol

fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I think about that all the time. And I hate how people act like it's an excuse if you use drugs or alcohol to cope. But if a doctor prescribes a drug, even if it's also addictive and has bad side effects, most people don't see you as a bad or stupid person for taking it. And don't get me started on how doctors treat addicts.