drmihilo

drmihilo

desperate
Jul 30, 2022
I'm going to try to commit ctb the day after tomorrow. I'm really scared. I wonder how my family will take it, especially my mom. I'm scared as hell of it, but I realize I won't last much longer. I'm done.

How do you drown out your emotions?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Crono, Unknown21, thebookofdisquiet. and 6 others
G

garrypallister99

Aug 20, 2023
I'm going to try to commit ctb the day after tomorrow. I'm really scared. I wonder how my family will take it, especially my mom. I'm scared as hell of it, but I realize I won't last much longer. I'm done.

It's okay to be emotional pal, embrace whatever way you feel

Reactions: drmihilo
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
That is a problem that cannot really be resolved. You do it when your need to exit is greater than your need to stay.

• Love
Reactions: cscott, drmihilo and lack
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best with your plans, I hate how it isn't much more straightforward to finally be free from this existence.

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
If you want to face death you have to be brave for the moment. I realize this is hard but it's all over when you're successful. Good luck in your endeavors. I wish you the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: drmihilo and cscott
Mauve87

Mauve87

Aug 30, 2023
Same I'm planning to attempt tomorrow. How are you feeling ? I'm afraid too and it helps a bit knowing that I'm not alone.

I feel like having a plan is a lot more nerve wracking than doing it out of impulse.

drmihilo

drmihilo

desperate
Jul 30, 2022
Same I'm planning to attempt tomorrow. How are you feeling ? I'm afraid too and it helps a bit knowing that I'm not alone.

I feel like having a plan is a lot more nerve wracking than doing it out of impulse.
I had a dose of antidepressants, so my emotional state improved. I am more calm and have more confidence in ctb. Plus I watch streaming, which helps distract me :)

I have a plan too. Although I messed up on something today: I snapped and decided to go out to dinner. I planned not to eat for more than 48 hours, but it's psychologically difficult.

• Love
Reactions: Mauve87
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
I planned not to eat for more than 48 hours
Don't fast too long to avoid your stomach filling with acid and making you nauseous.

Reactions: DumbGirl and drmihilo
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
How long is it okay to not eat, can you elaborate?
Talking about myself here but I always feel extremely nauseous and vomit stomach acid in +/- 40 hours.

Don't worry if you fast for only 12 hours, it's more than enough for your body to empty your stomach and small intestine, but I'd say don't fast for more than 30.

Again, just my experience.

S

SpiritInTheSky

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it
Sep 10, 2023

There's no doubt about it, your family are going to be devastated and upset. It's not something they will get over quickly or ever get over. The pain you feel now will be passed on to them all and there's nothing you can do to prevent that.
You sound concerned for them so it seems you must be close to them, have you tired just sitting your mom down and having a heart to heart with her? I know it's not for everyone but sometimes opening up can relieve the heaviness you feel trying to keep it all bottled up.