D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
When I discovered the internet I was like 13. I thought 'wow holy crap everyone can see real information, statistics etc), a few years go by and then anyone could fact-check anything you said right then and there on a phone.
Did that happen?
Did everyone just go, 'oh yeah there's scientific evidence that I'm saying is wrong, maybe I'm wrong' ?.

Nope.
The info was all there, then it got clouded by mis-info, now there's so much fake news about this and that. No-one knows what to believe anymore. If we (as a species) could/would have unified together and go with evidence shouldn't that have already happened?
If not then isn't that it? It's over right? The opportunity was there and it didn't happen.

Do you guys think that things will get better in the future or no?

I didn't know where to put this thread but the problems been bothering me for a while.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, FusRohDracarys, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
I would say what is happening could be considered a terminal condition.

Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
probably not, but then again homo sapiens have only been around for around 300,000 years, we're a very new species, give us some time and maybe we'll stop being so stupid.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 14386, GoodPersonEffed and pete_x
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
No offence to any one on here. My self see humanity a bit like this bug thats going around at the moment. We consume more and more year by year leaving a wast land behind us . In the end we will wipe ower selfs out onley a matter of time. We seem to be pre program to destroyed ower selfs the smarter we get the more destructive we get . Thing is when we gone the world will still be a round but we will just a blink in time compared to how long this world going to be here . At the end of the day we are all virus and virus died out in the end just hope they sum thing left for the life forms that will still be here .

Reactions: Deleted member 17331
D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
No offence to any one on here. My self see humanity a bit like this bug thats going around at the moment. We consume more and more year by year leaving a wast land behind us . In the end we will wipe ower selfs out onley a matter of time. We seem to be pre program to destroyed ower selfs the smarter we get the more destructive we get . Thing is when we gone the world will still be a round but we will just a blink in time compared to how long this world going to be here . At the end of the day we are all virus and virus died out in the end just hope they sum thing left for the life forms that will still be here .
Honestly the only thing that came into my head was that scene in the matrix where agent smith is saying " You know what bugs me....it's the smell..." then lays out a pretty good argument as to how humans are a virus. I totally get where your coming from. George Carlin said a similar thing, something like "The planet is fine...the people are fucked!" - very good bit just youtube it if you haven't seen it already I'll try and link it

Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and Mort
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
When I discovered the internet I was like 13. I thought 'wow holy crap everyone can see real information, statistics etc), a few years go by and then anyone could fact-check anything you said right then and there on a phone.
Did that happen?
Did everyone just go, 'oh yeah there's scientific evidence that I'm saying is wrong, maybe I'm wrong' ?.

Nope.
The info was all there, then it got clouded by mis-info, now there's so much fake news about this and that. No-one knows what to believe anymore. If we (as a species) could/would have unified together and go with evidence shouldn't that have already happened?
If not then isn't that it? It's over right? The opportunity was there and it didn't happen.

I didn't know where to put this thread but the problems been bothering me for a while.
I've given up on objective reality.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
The internet was originally like a hive mind of mostly truthful information at one point. Disinformation has pervaded it through the years just like every other medium. You can still often times find the truth, if you dig deep enough.

But the internet of today is nothing like what it was originally intended to be. Yea anyone can google something now in an instant but you're often times still mislead. I miss the old days of book smarts sometimes.

D

Deleted member 14386

Jan 28, 2020
You can still often times find the truth, if you dig deep enough.
But no-one does that, including me! Or rather not many do. It sounds horrible but I think there are just too many people, it increases the risk of stupid people (who would've just died off a few thousands of years ago) being kept alive. I would never hurt anyone, but some people seem too stupid to be alive lol (again including me, I did so much dumb shit that should've killed me. But medical support is very good. Idk I'm just venting)