K

Kittzuni

Pull u close & OD, I'll love u 'til I'm comatose.
May 7, 2023
My thoughts are finally getting more and more selfish. Today I made one of the biggest steps towards not caring about the consequences or the ones I'm going to leave behind. I've lived most of my life this far soley for others but the closer I get to my planned date the less I care about all of the things I wanted to take care of before that and who I leave behind.

------------------------------------------------------------

For example, my mentally very weak mum with schizophrenia and my dad who's had a really hard time in the last 6-7 years trying to take care of her. My mum will have another breakdown/psychosis even though she's finally been doing better. Both of my parents always did their best and I love them deeply but I'm starting to value my own emotions, wishes and needs more than theirs.

I'm also leaving behind my depressed and already struggling husband as well as our cat. To roughly sum everything up I mainly wanted to take care of
- our finances (cause he has no idea what's being paid when and how to manage/get into most of my accounts)
- the apartment (we're both depressed so it's a real mess and it's mostly my stuff that's lying around and will remind him of me, so he'd probably have to throw away a lot or tiptoe around it for a long time)
- giving our cat to my grandmother so he doesn't have to take care of her

So basically everything that would make it easier for him to live after I ctb as he's shown me that he's sometimes irresponsible with taking care of her or himself when I'm gone/he's doing bad, but as I said, I'm starting to care less and less even though I love them all deeply.

My cat is a weird topic. She's already stopped me from ctb in the past. But I thought about giving her to my grandmother several times and now I've even decided to leave her with someone who might hurt her. Hate me all you want but there are just too many things I'd have to consider, so at this point I'm convinced it's my best choice to leave her with him as I'd have to contact my grandmother out of the blue after not talking to her for several months and ask her to take her and bring her there. This would raise several red flags with her, my family and my husband who know I've been suicidal since I was 9. I simply can't take that risk. The other option I'd have would be to leave her contact info for my husband (and then hope that he gets what I mean by that) so at that point I might as well leave it to him entirely and hope he takes care of her.

On another more unrelated note, I'm not entirely sure if I want to leave any notes yet. I'll maybe leave one for my parents, thanking them for their efforts in my upbringing along with a simple apology as I'm sure they'd blame themselves for letting my half brother abuse me when we were younger. I'd want them to know that it's not their fault and that there is nothing they could have done any better but that might make them think the exact opposite, as that thought might not even cross their minds before they read it, so who knows?

Similar thing with my two best friends. I'd like to tell them that there is nothing they could have done but if a note helps or hinders them from thinking that is something I cannot be sure of.

As for my husband.. that's a different topic as I feel like he does play a major role in planning my bus ride. Not just for hurting me along the way but also for making me realize that if it doesn't work out with him (which spoiler alert, it doesn't), it won't work out with anyone else. While he did make me understand what the word love really means I'd probably also have to leave out the parts where I blame him for falling asleep next to me after hearing me cry. I'd have to leave out the parts where I tell him he might have been able to save me if he just tried a little bit harder like he did in the beginning. To be completely honest I don't know if he deserves that though. I mean both things btw. I mean the guilt tripping as well as the hiding of the fact that he's my major reason why. I love him but he's a narcissist (it looks like I'm starting to become one as well though). Either way, it wouldn't matter what I say, he'd twist my words (or lack there of) in his head the way he wants to perceive it anyways, so why even bother.

I've thought about the whole note thing way too much already. There is a lot I could say. In the past (and even now as it seems) I would have be able to fill pages upon pages going back and forth but I think I'd rather not. If at all, I'd like to keep it simple from now on. After a lot of thoughts about this I think I was able to narrow it down to two options:
1. I'm thinking about leaving him instructions for the leftover SN but I'm uncertain about this because of several reasons.
- He said he'd never ctb even if I do so before him.
- He's always said if he ever wants to die it would be his wish to go out with an OD at a very old age so he can have one last high. He's a little bit of a drugie.
- I don't think he'd appreciate it.

2. The only other thing I'd maybe like to tell him is to finish watching clannad. It's an anime that's very dear to my heart. We wanted to watch it together while we're rolling on MDMA in the past. We started it but never finished, we stopped right before the most emotional episodes as my husband had other "more important" plans more than once. As I said he's kind of a (lust driven) drugie so he rather wanted to have sex on MDMA than to finish watching that show with me. It's something I've thought about a lot in the last few months. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it directly but it saddens me to think that he never really understood how much it meant to me and that he'd put his lust before my feelings but as I've been
raped by him numerous times in the past that's not something I shouldn't be used to at this point. He usually gets me. Which sounds absurd after what I've just said but it's true. Anyways, I wasn't planning on guilt tripping him though, I'd just ask him to finish clannad for me.

Either way...

... as others said before me, I wouldn't be there to clarify anything and I honestly do not want to be. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of trying, so as of now I'm leaning towards not leaving any notes. I don't mind leaving them behind anymore as much as I used to and I don't plan on taking on any more responsibilities to make it easier for them. As I'm writing this I also don't really feel guilty anymore. Maybe I'll feel remorse in my final moments (at least that's what I assume to be the "morally right thing") but for now I'm just glad. I'm happy. I can't wait for my SN to arrive. I'm even thinking about doing it earlier than planned so I can avoid even more responsibilities.

Life's complex, so I'm looking forward to much simpler times soon.

I'm more selfish than I've ever been and I couldn't be happier right now because I finally see an end to it. I feel empowered to be able to decide when I want to end it. I'm not letting myself be bound by others. They'll figure it out without me and if they won't that won't be my problem anymore anyways.

I think that's all I have to say for now. I'd like to thank people for reading this much but I doubt anyone did. I honestly wrote this for myself which is why it's all over the place. Writing made me stop crying and helped me to get my thoughts straight again.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FundamentalAspect, Buddha.chris, prospero and 8 others
howl pendragon

howl pendragon

What matters is you, and not the state of you.
May 1, 2023
Hi! I understand the feeling that writing, putting thoughts down on paper, has a calming effect. Hope it helps to know someone took a time to read, and respect your thoughts.

I can't say I know how you feel, but in my understanding, sometimes we need to be a little selfish. I respect that. I really like a saying, very common in Wicca and witchcraft circles, which says:

"An ye harm none, do what ye will"

That is, as long as you don't hurt anyone, do what you want. The curious part of thinking this way is that if we just do what we want, we will hurt others. But if we only worry about others, we will forget something very important, which is ourselves. After all, "not hurting anyone" also means not hurting ourselves.

So maybe a little selfishness, a little self-preservation, wouldn't be the lesser of two evils? (Just to clarify, this is a reflection, not a judgment.) And I'm not talking about immediate harm. I'm talking about long term harm. Like how much harm this situation would be causing you.

The truth is, there is never a right answer, or a perfect answer. In my view, what we can do is seek to do our best. And if for the moment, your best is to be selfish, after all you've been through, after all the altruism, who can really condemn you? They may even try, but in the end, the right decision is the one that brings you peace.

So that's what I wish you. To find peace in your choice, regardless of what that choice is. Take your time, write all that down how many times you need. And when you are ready, choose.

Reactions: NoLightRemains, Buddha.chris and prospero
K

Kittzuni

May 7, 2023
Hope it helps to know someone took a time to read, and respect your thoughts.
Yes it does. Thank you very much.

I really appreciate you reading it and taking the time to write this perfectly composed reply. I couldn't have wished for more.

It's 4:25am and your words finally ans truely brought some kind of peace to me. I think I'll be able to sleep now.

• Love
Reactions: prospero and howl pendragon
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Of course. Everyone else does it. Nothing selfish about wanting money to y'know, survive and do shit in this life.

howl pendragon

howl pendragon

What matters is you, and not the state of you.
May 1, 2023
Yes it does. Thank you very much.

I really appreciate you reading it and taking the time to write this perfectly composed reply. I couldn't have wished for more.

It's 4:25am and your words finally ans truely brought some kind of peace to me. I think I'll be able to sleep now.
I'm very happy to know that, dear! I wish you a good rest!

• Love
Reactions: Kittzuni
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I hope that he ends up finishing Clannad, whether it be with or without you. I have similar experiences with my druggie partner so that part of your post was very relatable, unfortunately. It really sucks when you want to enjoy something with your person and they only have plans of using our bodies, lol.

You deserve to put yourself and your feelings above others' after all this time, so I'm happy that you are writing the ending of your story by your own hand, and that you have access to finding the peace and break from this complex life. You're right; what happens afterwards will not be your problem. Those around you will just have to find ways to deal with their grief and let time tend to their wounds— that is a normal part of life for everyone, after all.

Good luck on your journey, I'll be sending you lots of love.

• Love
Reactions: howl pendragon and Kittzuni
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Selfishness,
A. Don't care.
2. Not interested.
3. Whatever.

Aisley

Aisley

Wizard
Mar 12, 2023
That's all exhausting, and I can relate to most of it. You need to make the right choices for yourself, because it seems like no one else will. Like everyone in your life is just too wrapped up in their own shit to bother. And what are you supposed to be, the constant giver? The woman with a thousand greedy unthinking mouths at her teats? God, when a woman finally looks at her own shit, then instantly feels selfish, it's so infuriating to me. How we're raised, or wired, idk.
Regarding the notes, they'll either figure it out, or they won't. And they probably won't. Which just makes your underlying truths a series of revelations that they don't deserve and never earned. I don't even think you should clean up. The state will come in eventually and do it all, and the things you left won't be the reason why.

• Love
Reactions: howl pendragon
K

Kittzuni

May 7, 2023
I hope that he ends up finishing Clannad, whether it be with or without you. I have similar experiences with my druggie partner so that part of your post was very relatable, unfortunately. It really sucks when you want to enjoy something with your person and they only have plans of using our bodies, lol.

You deserve to put yourself and your feelings above others' after all this time, so I'm happy that you are writing the ending of your story by your own hand, and that you have access to finding the peace and break from this complex life. You're right; what happens afterwards will not be your problem. Those around you will just have to find ways to deal with their grief and let time tend to their wounds— that is a normal part of life for everyone, after all.

Good luck on your journey, I'll be sending you lots of love.
I hope so too. I'm sorry you are able to relate. Thank you for your input, I feel so too and good luck to you too, you seem like a kind soul.

That's all exhausting, and I can relate to most of it. You need to make the right choices for yourself, because it seems like no one else will. Like everyone in your life is just too wrapped up in their own shit to bother. And what are you supposed to be, the constant giver? The woman with a thousand greedy unthinking mouths at her teats? God, when a woman finally looks at her own shit, then instantly feels selfish, it's so infuriating to me. How we're raised, or wired, idk.
Regarding the notes, they'll either figure it out, or they won't. And they probably won't. Which just makes your underlying truths a series of revelations that they don't deserve and never earned. I don't even think you should clean up. The state will come in eventually and do it all, and the things you left won't be the reason why.
I'm also sorry that you are able to relate. I've always felt a little bit like the caregiver, in most relationship I've been in. This doesn't just include romantic partners either, it also counts for my friends, work and even my own mother due to her mental illnesses. You're right though.

About the notes, after sleeping a night on it (or 2 hours I guess since I had to get up for work an hour ago), I definitely think so too. As of now I do not intend to leave them with any. I'm planning on purging everything in my last few moments, phone and computer save data, old pictures, my social media presence (which is quite a lot outside of SS tbh), etc. I'll delete what I'll manage to delete and hopefully fall asleep in my chair asap.

My husband never bothered to help me edit our wedding pictures even after asking him several times, so I doubt they interest him that much anyway.

• Love
Reactions: howl pendragon, Aisley and UsagiDrop
Aisley

Aisley

Wizard
Mar 12, 2023
I hope so too. I'm sorry you are able to relate. Thank you for your input, I feel so too and good luck to you too, you seem like a kind soul.

I'm also sorry that you are able to relate. I've always felt a little bit like the caregiver, in most relationship I've been in. This doesn't just include romantic partners either, it also counts for my friends, work and even my own mother due to her mental illnesses. You're right though.

About the notes, after sleeping a night on it (or 2 hours I guess since I had to get up for work an hour ago), I definitely think so too. As of now I do not intend to leave them with any. I'm planning on purging everything in my last few moments, phone and computer save data, old pictures, my social media presence (which is quite a lot outside of SS tbh), etc. I'll delete what I'll manage to delete and hopefully fall asleep in my chair asap.

My husband never bothered to help me edit our wedding pictures even after asking him several times, so I doubt they interest him that much anyway.
Nice. I mean, if leaving notes was.something YOU needed or wanted, then do it. But if it was just for them? Meh.
Also, thank you, but my shit, even the shittier shit, never really hits that hard. I've kinda turned my depression into armour, and nothing is ever felt at the core. Except anger. Lol.

• Hugs
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Max Stirner would defiantly agree, although he uses another term - egoism.

I find id very problematic that the word selfish is framed so negatively when it fact
it just means you do something for yourself, which is not a "bad" thing.

People have written lots of words about this topic but the simple principle of cause and
effect applies. Everything you do will in some form affect something else. The only way to avoid
this is to sever all ties to everyone and everything. It's doable but takes a very strong will and
some time.

For me personally the real difference if do something to deliberately cause distress to other people.
To ME this is "bad".

The good/bad disussion is of course a can of worms itself.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
My thoughts are finally getting more and more selfish. Today I made one of the biggest steps towards not caring about the consequences or the ones I'm going to leave behind. I've lived most of my life this far soley for others but the closer I get to my planned date the less I care about all of the things I wanted to take care of before that and who I leave behind.

For example, my mentally very weak mum with schizophrenia and my dad who's had a really hard time in the last 6-7 years trying to take care of her. My mum will have another breakdown/psychosis even though she's finally been doing better. Both of my parents always did their best and I love them deeply but I'm starting to value my own emotions, wishes and needs more than theirs.

I'm also leaving behind my depressed and already struggling husband as well as our cat. To roughly sum everything up I mainly wanted to take care of
- our finances (cause he has no idea what's being paid when and how to manage/get into most of my accounts)
- the apartment (we're both depressed so it's a real mess and it's mostly my stuff that's lying around and will remind him of me, so he'd probably have to throw away a lot or tiptoe around it for a long time)
- giving our cat to my grandmother so he doesn't have to take care of her

So basically everything that would make it easier for him to live after I ctb as he's shown me that he's sometimes irresponsible with taking care of her or himself when I'm gone/he's doing bad, but as I said, I'm starting to care less and less even though I love them all deeply.

My cat is a weird topic. She's already stopped me from ctb in the past. But I thought about giving her to my grandmother several times and now I've even decided to leave her with someone who might hurt her. Hate me all you want but there are just too many things I'd have to consider, so at this point I'm convinced it's my best choice to leave her with him as I'd have to contact my grandmother out of the blue after not talking to her for several months and ask her to take her and bring her there. This would raise several red flags with her, my family and my husband who know I've been suicidal since I was 9. I simply can't take that risk. The other option I'd have would be to leave her contact info for my husband (and then hope that he gets what I mean by that) so at that point I might as well leave it to him entirely and hope he takes care of her.

On another more unrelated note, I'm not entirely sure if I want to leave any notes yet. I'll maybe leave one for my parents, thanking them for their efforts in my upbringing along with a simple apology as I'm sure they'd blame themselves for letting my half brother abuse me when we were younger. I'd want them to know that it's not their fault and that there is nothing they could have done any better but that might make them think the exact opposite, as that thought might not even cross their minds before they read it, so who knows?

Similar thing with my two best friends. I'd like to tell them that there is nothing they could have done but if a note helps or hinders them from thinking that is something I cannot be sure of.

As for my husband.. that's a different topic as I feel like he does play a major role in planning my bus ride. Not just for hurting me along the way but also for making me realize that if it doesn't work out with him (which spoiler alert, it doesn't), it won't work out with anyone else. While he did make me understand what the word love really means I'd probably also have to leave out the parts where I blame him for falling asleep next to me after hearing me cry. I'd have to leave out the parts where I tell him he might have been able to save me if he just tried a little bit harder like he did in the beginning. To be completely honest I don't know if he deserves that though. I mean both things btw. I mean the guilt tripping as well as the hiding of the fact that he's my major reason why. I love him but he's a narcissist (it looks like I'm starting to become one as well though). Either way, it wouldn't matter what I say, he'd twist my words (or lack there of) in his head the way he wants to perceive it anyways, so why even bother.

I've thought about the whole note thing way too much already. There is a lot I could say. In the past (and even now as it seems) I would have be able to fill pages upon pages going back and forth but I think I'd rather not. If at all, I'd like to keep it simple from now on. After a lot of thoughts about this I think I was able to narrow it down to two options:
1. I'm thinking about leaving him instructions for the leftover SN but I'm uncertain about this because of several reasons.
- He said he'd never ctb even if I do so before him.
- He's always said if he ever wants to die it would be his wish to go out with an OD at a very old age so he can have one last high. He's a little bit of a drugie.
- I don't think he'd appreciate it.

2. The only other thing I'd maybe like to tell him is to finish watching clannad. It's an anime that's very dear to my heart. We wanted to watch it together while we're rolling on MDMA in the past. We started it but never finished, we stopped right before the most emotional episodes as my husband had other "more important" plans more than once. As I said he's kind of a (lust driven) drugie so he rather wanted to have sex on MDMA than to finish watching that show with me. It's something I've thought about a lot in the last few months. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it directly but it saddens me to think that he never really understood how much it meant to me and that he'd put his lust before my feelings but as I've been
raped by him numerous times in the past that's not something I shouldn't be used to at this point. He usually gets me. Which sounds absurd after what I've just said but it's true. Anyways, I wasn't planning on guilt tripping him though, I'd just ask him to finish clannad for me.

Either way...

... as others said before me, I wouldn't be there to clarify anything and I honestly do not want to be. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of trying, so as of now I'm leaning towards not leaving any notes. I don't mind leaving them behind anymore as much as I used to and I don't plan on taking on any more responsibilities to make it easier for them. As I'm writing this I also don't really feel guilty anymore. Maybe I'll feel remorse in my final moments (at least that's what I assume to be the "morally right thing") but for now I'm just glad. I'm happy. I can't wait for my SN to arrive. I'm even thinking about doing it earlier than planned so I can avoid even more responsibilities.

Life's complex, so I'm looking forward to much simpler times soon.

I'm more selfish than I've ever been and I couldn't be happier right now because I finally see an end to it. I feel empowered to be able to decide when I want to end it. I'm not letting myself be bound by others. They'll figure it out without me and if they won't that won't be my problem anymore anyways.

I think that's all I have to say for now. I'd like to thank people for reading this much but I doubt anyone did. I honestly wrote this for myself which is why it's all over the place. Writing made me stop crying and helped me to get my thoughts straight again.
Everyone are selfish one way or the another sorry that you are feeling like that

I know the feeling trying to live for others your entire life and some point you can't do it anymore, exactly my life!

When is your planned date?

K

Kittzuni

May 7, 2023
When is your planned date?
Thank you for your response as for your question, I planned to do it "after I calmly got everything in order without rushing myself" so roughly 2-3 months maybe a little more than that but for sure before the end of this year.

As of now I'm starting to think more short term. SN is on the way and should arrive soon. I already have enough benzos but I'm supposed to refill my prescription next monday anyway so I'll try to get my doctor to also prescribe me meto or something similar that same day which shouldn't be a problem since I've complained about really bad migraines that make me throw up for several years now. I'm planning to visit my family one last time this weekend and I'm planning to spend one last "nice" weekend with my husband. I just took the entire week of the 29th of May off of work so I don't have to bother with it anymore and they won't immediately contact my husband if I don't show up right away. So if everything works out 1st of June while my husbands at work for 10 hours.
Nice. I mean, if leaving notes was.something YOU needed or wanted, then do it. But if it was just for them? Meh.
Also, thank you, but my shit, even the shittier shit, never really hits that hard. I've kinda turned my depression into armour, and nothing is ever felt at the core. Except anger. Lol.
it's funny how that almost sounds like something my husband probably feels; so while I can't really relate that much, I do know how it looks like and I think it's just a different kind of pain, directed at others instead of yourself or something like that.. idk

Max Stirner would defiantly agree, although he uses another term - egoism.

I find id very problematic that the word selfish is framed so negatively when it fact
it just means you do something for yourself, which is not a "bad" thing.
funnily enough that's something my husband has already said in the past and I do agree with it, I just have to remind myself sometimes

People have written lots of words about this topic but the simple principle of cause and
effect applies. Everything you do will in some form affect something else. The only way to avoid
this is to sever all ties to everyone and everything. It's doable but takes a very strong will and
some time.

For me personally the real difference if do something to deliberately cause distress to other people.
To ME this is "bad".

The good/bad disussion is of course a can of worms itself.
also very true; while I've reduced the number of people I talk to immensely over the years I wasn't quite able to make that number 0 up until hopefully very soon

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Aisley
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Thank you for your response as for your question, I planned to do it "after I calmly got everything in order without rushing myself" so roughly 2-3 months maybe a little more than that but for sure before the end of this year.

As of now I'm starting to think more short term. SN is on the way and should arrive soon. I already have enough benzos but I'm supposed to refill my prescription next monday anyway so I'll try to get my doctor to also prescribe me meto or something similar that same day which shouldn't be a problem since I've complained about really bad migraines that make me throw up for several years now. I'm planning to visit my family one last time this weekend and I'm planning to spend one last "nice" weekend with my husband. I just took the entire week of the 29th of May off of work so I don't have to bother with it anymore and they won't immediately contact my husband if I don't show up right away. So if everything works out 1st of June while my husbands at work for 10 hours.

Welcome, I will be gone before you

Will meet you in the other side, take care

• Love
Reactions: Kittzuni
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you would feel so relieved at the thought of being free from this world, I wish you the best with your plans.