A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
Deciding between ending your life or actually trying to make it better is very hard.
I want to seek help but I can't afford therapy. Any advices are welcome!

• Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain and Juleee
J

Juleee

Jan 2, 2024
I'm in a similar position.

I've found free online self-help mental health courses useful, as well as mental health hotlines.

Everybody responds differently to these things, so while they are useful to me, you may need to try something else.

Just a couple of suggestions :)

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I don't know how it is where you live but, if you live in a country with a public health system, you can try getting a referral to a therapist. It may take months but you will get it eventually. Otherwise, some universities have a system where you can get cheap therapy if you accept to have therapy with psychology students that are finishing their course. This was the case with the university that I was in.

A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
There's no facility like that available here. Mental health as a whole is seen as a taboo here so no importance is given to it in healthcare.
Going to a therapist is very expensive to be honest and I can't afford that.
I don't know how it is where you live but, if you live in a country with a public health system, you can try getting a referral to a therapist. It may take months but you will get it eventually. Otherwise, some universities have a system where you can get cheap therapy if you accept to have therapy with psychology students that are finishing their course. This was the case with the university that I was in.
I'm in a similar position.

I've found free online self-help mental health courses useful, as well as mental health hotlines.

Everybody responds differently to these things, so while they are useful to me, you may need to try something else.

Just a couple of suggestions :)
Can you please share the free self help mental health cources that you found online, it'll be very helpful.
The counsellor that I contacted was going to help me for free but turns out she didn't want to help me. Also she left a bad impression as a therapist.
I cannot afford going to a counsellor. It's expensive. I don't have the money for therapy. I wish I could actually seek help.
I cannot dial hotlines as I do not have much privacy that I could talk openly about my mental health on a call

Last edited:
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Thre r sme rsourcs hre - ask n,e questns if needd

Also thre r sme ht-lnes whch oper8 ovr txt s/ no1 wll listn in2 ur clls

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: a.fool and ForgottenAgain