S

sui4

Oct 11, 2020
Ok. Let's think logically. If God is the so-called creator who knows everythinh before it happens, and he knows the very number of hairs on our heads, WHY would any loving God create people who he already knows will have a life full of depression and heartbreak, bullying, you name it? It is God's fault that anyone goes through any suicidal ideation because he knew it would happen before creating you. This is selfish and heartless. Why not refrain from creating people when he knows their lufe will be miserable? Why? God pretends to give you free will, but then threatens you with eternal.hell of fire if you choosenot to serve him. Thus, God really is a narcissistic, egotistical control freak or essentially bullies you into serving him or you burn.eternnally. no loving God would do this. Everyone here who is going through anything has God to blame, not yourself. We were put here against our will and forced to serve a God who masks his narcissism as so-calledlive. Lies. If you knew your life would be full of torment, you probably would wish you were never born. It is a senseless life that God creates for vainglory to feed his selfish ego-an abuse of power.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GreenTree, ATownSerenity, AprilsBlessings and 9 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I agree with you. I think there is either no "God" or "He" is an evil bastard and that's why we're suffering so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATownSerenity, AprilsBlessings, Vault of Memories and 8 others
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Yeah, something I've always struggled with too. All I can do to reconcile these thoughts is to envision (assuming the historical story is correct) the perfect world we were supposed to live in before Adam and Eve chose our shitty life instead of paradise. Not saying it's true or not ..... just saying none of what we experience was apparently suppose to happen ...... but free choice f'd us all.

• Hugs
Reactions: sui4, Ghost2211 and _Minsk
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
God really is a narcissistic, egotistical control freak or essentially bullies you into serving him or you burn.eternnally. no loving God would do this.

I totally agree. Either this is what god is like, or there is no god. People make up for all of this and insist he is loving by saying god works in mysterious ways. I think it's mental gymnastics. I'm actually angry at evolution to cause us to believe in such things. Since I don't believe in god anymore, I tend to get pretty angry at evolution lately.

Ultimately, the purpose of blame is to discharge uncomfortable feelings. It's hard when there is no one and nothing to hold accountable for this shit. And I'm not going to turn it inward and destroy myself, either. I want to escape, but that's actually self-preservation, not self-annihilation.

Reactions: XYZ, Deleted member 4993, foxdie and 5 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Because there isn't a "God" of course. What on earth gave you the impression that there was one?

• Love
Reactions: XYZ, Good4Nothing, x~Sophia~x and 3 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
ya this particular god can heal the sick but doesn't, feed the starving but doesn't, cure the diseased but doesn't, he can't do fk all as evidence from the last 2000 yrs, he couldn't even forgive a guy for eating an apple for christs sake lmao

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GreenTree, ATownSerenity, pickajack and 8 others
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I used to feel like that for a while until I learned he doesn't exist. I'm an agnostic ex christian now. While I believe there's a god, I don't believe it's involved with life on earth. I decided that I'm not going to hold anger and hatred for something that doesn't exist.

I look at it like this. If there's nothing after this, then that's OK. If I'm going to hell, then that's OK too. Because either of those outcomes are better than being with a entity whose idea of morality makes me sick. If any person did anything close to what the Christian god has done they would be hated by nearly everyone on earth. But he gets a pass because of the fear of hell, another thing that doesn't exist. Prayer never helped or ever will help. Why do you think that God's will is a thing? Just a loophole to explain why bad things happen. My advice is to stop giving energy to something that doesn't deserve it.

Reactions: Good4Nothing, foxdie, sui4 and 2 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Because there isn't a "God" of course. What on earth gave you the impression that there was one?
He's mentioned in the Bible numerous times. Do you really think that human beings would go to the trouble of writing a huge book about a being that doesn't exist? Get outta here.

Reactions: Meditation guide, foxdie, sui4 and 1 other person
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I'm an atheist but this is an interesting article that raises good points

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, grungeCat, sui4 and 2 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I don't believe in a god not because of how much suffering exists in the world. I've always thought that was a weak argument as I can see how an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent god could allow such things. I don't believe in a god because of things like the Miller-Urey experiment. That's good enough reason.

Reactions: sui4 and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I don't believe in a god not because of how much suffering exists in the world. I've always thought that was a weak argument as I can see how an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent god could allow such things. I don't believe in a god because of things like the Miller-Urey experiment. That's good enough reason.
Have you heard of 'dissipation-driven adaptation'? Hypothesis by the physicist jeremy england, which states that abiogenesis could occur spontaneously when groups of atoms are exposed to sources of energy in the right conditions for long enough periods of time, and have to restructure themselves to be able to dissipate more energy. He's derived a mathematical formula which he thinks shows this.
Life is at bottom a completely physics-based phenomenon, and there are no sharp cut-off points between physics, chemistry and biology, which shouldn't be surprising, although as biochemistry becomes more complex certain higher-level emergent properties arise which can't be found at simpler levels.

Reactions: Wayfaerer
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Have you heard of 'dissipation-driven adaptation'? Hypothesis by the physicist jeremy england, which states that abiogenesis could occur spontaneously when groups of atoms are exposed to sources of energy in the right conditions for long enough periods of time, and have to restructure themselves to be able to dissipate more energy. He's derived a mathematical formula which he thinks shows this.
Life is at bottom a completely physics-based phenomenon, and there are no sharp cut-off points between physics, chemistry and biology, which shouldn't be surprising, although as biochemistry becomes more complex certain higher-level emergent properties arise which can't be found at simpler levels.

I haven't heard of that. That's very interesting. It further goes to show the lack of divinity behind it all.

Reactions: Good4Nothing, esse_est_percipi and Meditation guide
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I'm basically an atheist but this type of discussion always reminds me of this quote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Epicurus

If the Abrahamic god exists, he is a raging narcist, who is extremely sadistic and flawed. What does an omnipotent being have to be jealous of false gods? Shouldn't it be able to create a universe where he doesn't feel jealousy? I could go on and on but the thought of this type of god or an afterlife don't really jive with me.

• Love
Reactions: Bauhaus, Good4Nothing and esse_est_percipi
S

sui4

Oct 11, 2020
Physics biology and divinity all go together. They are not mutually exclusive.

Who says God has to be like Santa Claus, or benevolent or behave in a certain acceptable way? Where did the idea come from that if there was a God "he" (why do we think of God as a male?) wouldn't let us suffer?

It's so weird that we all have the pre conceived ideas of who and what God should be. And how God should behave.

and when he or she or it doesn't fit into our ideas then we decide God doesn't exist. This is how God wants things. Like it or not.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
If the Abrahamic god exists, he is a raging narcist, who is extremely sadistic and flawed. What does an omnipotent being have to be jealous of false gods? Shouldn't it be able to create a universe where he doesn't feel jealousy? I could go on and on but the thought of this type of god or an afterlife don't really jive with me
Interestingly, the Marcionites, a 2nd century early Christian movement, came to the same conclusion.

"Marcionism held that the God of the Hebrew Bible was inconsistent, jealous, wrathful and genocidal, and that the material world he created was defective, a place of suffering; the God who made such a world is a bungling or malicious demiurge." (wikipedia)

Essentially, the Marcionites thought the old testament God existed but was evil (evidence: look at this world), and should be opposed, and that humans should not continue to reproduce since this is just giving tacit consent to an evil creation. It was a kind of proto-antinatalism.

Reactions: Good4Nothing and foxdie
S

sui4

Oct 11, 2020
My point is/was simple. A loving Go-male or female, wouldn't knowingly create persins to live in misery, but constantly praise him for the misery because it's supposedly "good for them", and tell them to just endure until their death because their reward is in heaven. But they will burn eternally and not be consumed if they don't serve him. Only a sick, egotistical controlist would do this. If he or she hadn't created us for their self-serving purposes, we wouldn't be conversing or wondering anything about God or anyone because we wouldn't be here. Therein lies the point. We are here forcibly.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Physics biology and divinity all go together. They are not mutually exclusive.
But physics and biology are evidence-based disciplines and have common methodologies concerning theory building, testing, observation, falsification etc. Where is the evidence that anything 'divine' exists?

Reactions: Good4Nothing
F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I think your definition of god and my definition of god is different. God isn't a physical person, hence no pronouns. God just is, just like love is. God can create goodness, badness, and everything in between. If you believe things are meant to be regardless of success, one may be on the right track to understanding what life is all about. I'm sorry you grew up in such a mean church

Reactions: Meditation guide
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
He's mentioned in the Bible numerous times. Do you really think that human beings would go to the trouble of writing a huge book about a being that doesn't exist? Get outta here.

You should really check out the fiction section of your local bookstore. Countless huge books about beings that don't exist.

Reactions: Bauhaus and esse_est_percipi
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Where is the evidence that anything 'divine' exists?
You can gaze around in wonder all your life and get that feeling and do a lot of meditating and feel it. There's no hard evidence unless you just look at everything with wonder. It's more of a feeling. Some don't feel it and that's cool. To me God is nature.

Last edited:
Reactions: esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
You should really check out the fiction section of your local bookstore. Countless huge books about beings that don't exist.
I know, my post was sort of tongue in cheek, not serious

F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
You can gaze around in wonder all your life and get that feeling and do a lot of meditating and feel it. There's no hard evidence unless you just look at everything with wonder. It's more of a feeling. Some don't feel it and that's cool. To me God is nature.
Love it

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Wonder:
a feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.

I've always been Alice in Wonderland. That's my religion.

This is a Supermoon. I first saw one on my birthday. Best birthday present ever:

Supermoon

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Acopia, XYZ, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Essentially, the Marcionites thought the old testament God existed but was evil (evidence: look at this world), and should be opposed, and that humans should not continue to reproduce since this is just giving tacit consent to an evil creation. It was a kind of proto-antinatalism.

That must be way they're not around anymore lol

How is that different from Gnosticism?

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
That must be way they're not around anymore lol

How is that different from Gnosticism?
I think marcionism was just a type of gnosticism, but the marcionites put more emphasis on actually ending 'God's' creation through renunciation.

XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Since I don't believe in god anymore, I tend to get pretty angry at evolution lately.

I loved this quote and I share in the sentiment. :heart: This is what I feel like shouting at the top of my lungs:

Damn you all self-replicating, mutating molecules! To hell with you all! You have ruined my life with your miserable evolution!

R

Rafa-11:11

Aug 31, 2020
I don't have the answer why God let us to suffer in this planet, but...

something happened to me last year that changed me from the core, some people call it spiritual awakening and about a month thereafter I had a kundalini awakening, both came in spontaneous, both very powerful experiences not induced by drugs, alcohol or meditation/yoga just a plain vainilla overworked father/husband, born christian but no church or religious practice I guess I sympathized more with Buddhism when grew older but never practiced that either, 50 years old well lived with old sorts of happy and painful experiences, proud dad, hard worker early bird, 28 years of faithful and loving marriage that ended catastrophically shortly after those spiritual awakenings happened that produced profound changes.

God is real, nothing in this universe would convince me otherwise, there are no words to explain it, but if you have to ask me, the way I felt him was more energetically/emotionally/telepathically than in a spirit manifested in some form, this energy flows constantly to everything that exist, you, me, dogs, rocks, air, water just everything and equally to all, the amount of love, compassion and forgiveness is unfathomable, can't be described in any way or form, it humbles you because that God is you (in a much smaller fractional part) and everything that exist, like a collective energy field with consciousness.

Some people who has gone through NDA describes the experience in a similar way, the difference is that I went through it while being alive and sometimes in very profound states of awareness with the eyes opened, no hallucinations but close to higher states of consciousness where time stopped or slowed considerably, a regular person 24 hours day transmuted into a complete lunar cycle, with very high emotional states at new and full moon completing what it felt to me as a regular 24 hours day, a leaf moving in the wind had a language and left a message behind, numbers had logical patterns, colors had a language, movement of people on the street had a perfect coordination and dynamic like music notes, never tried hard drugs but I have read several users telling about experiences of higher consciousness states were the time slowed down and objects appeared to be animated, alive and communicating with everything and connected to all there is, I guess some users of hard drugs can related to that as well.

This is only my experience and opinion but it appears that this planet is ground zero for souls to learn very basic lessons, kind of a pre-pre-pre-pre-kindergarten, very dense and with no rules of engagement. Don't know much about the deal, but certainly Love, its acknowledgment and practice is one of the main lessons, if not the only one to be learnt, by Love I mean the highest form which is named unconditional Love but any kind of Love is still Love. All rest seems irrelevant.

Judgement...contrary to what I understood from certain teachings in some books, I felt no God judging me, it was me feeling what I have done to others while in their own shoes. The pain was considerable, I stoped crying when I was 16 after my mother died until my awakenings happened 34 years later, the pain I have inflicted to others broke me into tears that just couldn't stop for months. There were periods of so called illumination, were I could stand looking at a tree for a very long time and cry of the beauty of it. Not all was bad, it was mix of judgement and a higher state of happiness but mostly peace.

The whole movie played inside me since I was born until present days, I could remember, feel, hear and taste while being in the womb, it did not stopped there I also had flashes of past lives, we all appear to be not that young, we seem to be very ancient souls which slowly growth our consciousness into higher states, each at their own pace but always forward, some more dark, others more into the light, but always somehow towards the light, no-matter how dark some souls appears to be it's still moving forward into the light. Get ready, the voyage of the Soul is a long one probably lasting for the infinite, I don't reject the idea that at some point we have learned and grow that much that entire universes will be created, managed and cared by each one of us, when we become a very large loving entity, by then I hope to have a better understanding why suffering is allowed, my limited understanding sympathize with the idea that God should not allow so much suffering and harm being done.

In my personal experience I felt that I graduated, that I would not have to be here anymore, don't ask me how I just got that message, I was done and this is my last life here.

Death is a lie, the being you are now continues to exist but in another place, a much higher one than this one, a place of rest and peace where greater understanding and many answers will be freed from our current limited and contained body/brain system. You'll be surrounded with Love, understanding and compassion, perhaps some little ear pulling as without any doubts every though, word spoken or action reverberates in the whole universe and affects everything in it, there are consequences for our acts, I don't believe that self deliberation will be seen as an act of great crime or punished, hard to believe from the God I felt that the person that is in great pain and takes a decision to stop their life is greeted by a reddish big bully which a huge fork in his arm, I believe you'll be rather get the peace, understanding and forgiveness you need so your voyage can continue. A very limited amount of NDA's I saw talk about experiences in Hell but again these same person explained that right after they seek for help, being to a God, your deceased mother, dog, pet lizard whatever you have in a high level of Love will come to your rescue from that scary hole like a lighting bolt and grab your hand to take you to heaven, I think this is true and will keep this trick under my sleeve just in case...

My present state is very sad, painful and suffering goes to never experienced levels, right after my awakenings everyone I knew and loved to death started to reject and isolate me, wife forced me to have psychiatric treatment under the disguise that I went crazy, daughters, brother, sisters in law friends all gone, the worst of humanity projected in them (ego, lust, lies and hate) wife started lying and cheating with someone I trusted, my only treasure in life, my family union is gone, everything I held for a blessing in this rough world gone.

I tried the exit bag once but failed, it was the day my ex-wife took my son to sleep with the new partner for the first time, I could no stand the pain of a once united family now separated.

I still love her I don't hold hate, only thing left in me is great pain never felt before, I don't perform like before, I can't concretrate more than an hour on the work, spent long times in bed watching and reading alone, most of the nights I get vivid visions of past times were I was enjoying time with my wife until to wake up in tears and sorrow, this happens several times every night simple horrible, going throng almost a year now and nothing has changed for the better rather it gets worse and worse with health both mentally and physically starting to get compromised.

I do want to go and I'll be successful in my efforts, but I'm for now holding just a bit as I'm teaching my 14 year old son to shoot, ride a bike, some basic driving lessons on an empty dirt road, designing and talking to him about leaving him some money to build/buy a Sprinter converted Van so he can travel and find himself before starting life, some last time advices etc. He is curiously the only one that completely understand me, he is aware of my intentions, he sees me cry all day long and wants to see me happy, I don't think I'll ever find happiness again as I already had the most precious thing in life which is a loving family. I'm done, I need a well deserved rest in heaven and Yes I do believe that God exists, no doubts about that, be surprised I believe he takes anyone in his Love and forgiveness no matter who you are or what you have done.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Acopia, AE2021 and esse_est_percipi
Bauhaus

Bauhaus

Specialist
Jan 18, 2020
One of my favorite monologues, from the movie Bad Boy Bubby:

The Scientist: You see, no one's going to help you Bubby, because there isn't anybody out there to do it. No one. We're all just complicated arrangements of atoms and subatomic particles - we don't live. But our atoms do move about in such a way as to give us identity and consciousness. We don't die; our atoms just rearrange themselves. There is no God. There can be no God; it's ridiculous to think in terms of a superior being. An inferior being, maybe, because we, we who don't even exist, we arrange our lives with more order and harmony than God ever arranged the earth. We measure; we plot; we create wonderful new things. We are the architects of our own existence. What a lunatic concept to bow down before a God who slaughters millions of innocent children, slowly and agonizingly starves them to death, beats them, tortures them, rejects them. What folly to even think that we should not insult such a God, damn him, think him out of existence. It is our duty to think God out of existence. It is our duty to insult him. Fuck you, God! Strike me down if you dare, you tyrant, you non-existent fraud! It is the duty of all human beings to think God out of existence. Then we have a future. Because then - and only then - do we take full responsibility for who we are. And that's what you must do, Bubby: think God out of existence; take responsibility for who you are.

• Love
R

Rafa-11:11

Aug 31, 2020
Ok. Let's think logically. If God is the so-called creator who knows everythinh before it happens, and he knows the very number of hairs on our heads, WHY would any loving God create people who he already knows will have a life full of depression and heartbreak, bullying, you name it? It is God's fault that anyone goes through any suicidal ideation because he knew it would happen before creating you. This is selfish and heartless. Why not refrain from creating people when he knows their lufe will be miserable? Why? God pretends to give you free will, but then threatens you with eternal.hell of fire if you choosenot to serve him. Thus, God really is a narcissistic, egotistical control freak or essentially bullies you into serving him or you burn.eternnally. no loving God would do this. Everyone here who is going through anything has God to blame, not yourself. We were put here against our will and forced to serve a God who masks his narcissism as so-calledlive. Lies. If you knew your life would be full of torment, you probably would wish you were never born. It is a senseless life that God creates for vainglory to feed his selfish ego-an abuse of power.
I respect you and your opinion is very important for me, but think about it, what would happen if you one day find God with all your conceptions which are all valid as they belong to you and that's very important even for God that you form an opinion of him, lets just say hypotethically that he manifest to you and showers you with an enormous infinitely amount of love, compassion, understanding and forgiveness. I bet you will drop on your knees and cry, regaining again your well deserved trust, happiness, peace and love...I tell you that guy is real, that guy won't ever ever judge you no matter what you have done, no matter who you are, he only cares about you, now I definitely don't understand either why he let us to suffer in this planet full of egocentric and narcissistic wackos, I don't have that answer and I also symphatize with anyone who is left disappointed with all the suffering and harm being done without his all mighty intervention, no clue about that but I hope that one day I'll understand. Perhaps religion has made a very bad name of him, look pragmatically at what has been written about him in the books, a guy who fry in hot oil the sinners, a guy who has the devil as a partner letting him do as he pleased in this planet and such, perhaps those books were manipulated? Perhaps those books were the equivalent of MSM of these days? google/twitter/NBC/Fox who knows? but that guy it's not the God I want for all of us, the God I want for all of us is the one that can gives us exactly what we lack the most and make us feel whole again, I wish you find this God one day and remember these words.
One of my favorite monologues, from the movie Bad Boy Bubby:

The Scientist: You see, no one's going to help you Bubby, because there isn't anybody out there to do it. No one. We're all just complicated arrangements of atoms and subatomic particles - we don't live. But our atoms do move about in such a way as to give us identity and consciousness. We don't die; our atoms just rearrange themselves. There is no God. There can be no God; it's ridiculous to think in terms of a superior being. An inferior being, maybe, because we, we who don't even exist, we arrange our lives with more order and harmony than God ever arranged the earth. We measure; we plot; we create wonderful new things. We are the architects of our own existence. What a lunatic concept to bow down before a God who slaughters millions of innocent children, slowly and agonizingly starves them to death, beats them, tortures them, rejects them. What folly to even think that we should not insult such a God, damn him, think him out of existence. It is our duty to think God out of existence. It is our duty to insult him. Fuck you, God! Strike me down if you dare, you tyrant, you non-existent fraud! It is the duty of all human beings to think God out of existence. Then we have a future. Because then - and only then - do we take full responsibility for who we are. And that's what you must do, Bubby: think God out of existence; take responsibility for who you are.
I like this, specially the part that only then - we take full responsibility for who we are...genious

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Acopia