FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
If society really wanted to help mentally vulnerable people they would have but they chose not to because caring and supporting a mentally vulnerable person is a lot of work. It is lot of work making sure that mentally vulnerable person can access good quality therapy or treatment, making sure that mentally vulnerable person is being helped with the actaul problems they have in their lives causing them distress etc.

When mentally ill people reach out for help they get judged and have to deal with people including their own families treating them as an annoyance to their lives for having mental health issues.

The reason why people want this site shut down because its is easier to shut it down than to work hard long term to fix the real issues with our broken mental health care system, social and economic problems and factors that lead people to end thier and so much more. If we had a better compassionate society that actaully helped people with their problems and made people feel they have a place in this world then suicide would be the exception and not the norm.

• Love
Reactions: Waterr, Ghostmaster, Deleted member 31858 and 7 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
wishful thinking but i've always thought we need to take care of each other better

• Love
Reactions: FireFox
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Yeah, unfortunately the society is like this. Instead of actually putting some effort into helping mentally vulnerable people they shut down these suicide website, pushing us even further to death because these places are the only places where we are understood and feel welcome.

• Love
Reactions: TheGoodGuy and FireFox
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Yeah, unfortunately the society is like this. Instead of actually putting some effort into helping mentally vulnerable people they shut down these suicide website, pushing us even further to death because these places are the only places where we are understood and feel welcome.
@アホペンギン At least here on Sanactioned Suicide people actually listen to me and have showed me nothing but kindness. Here I am free to be myself without being judged.

I am someone who really did try to improve my life, enjoy life and to give myself a good life but all I ever got was dismissed, not taken seriously whenever I reached out for help. At 30 I finally plan to kill myself.

● university friends in law class stopped hanging out with me at university once I mentioned I was suicidal.

● family treated me like an inconvenience whenever I opened up for being anxious or depressed about things. Unwilling to listen and quick to impose their morality.

● When I joined the Foreveralonewomen reddit community discord group, a group that claims to be supportive space for women who never had relationships and adult virgins and are lonely. The moderator was always criticising my posts and always finding fault In anything I wote even when there was none. My openess and honesty about my feelings over things and how I see the worldyeah was a problem for a her and the community of women . She ulimately banned me from the server.

The moderator preaches about mental health " go get therapy she says"- as if it is fucking easy. I know the moderator herself as no life of her own whatsoever.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Sannti and アホペンギン
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
It's the same with methods. "How do we stop all these rising numbers of suicides?" "Let's make it as hard as possible for people suffering to end their pain." Not "how do we heal people in complex pain so they dont feel like they only have one way out. "

• Love
Reactions: Ghostmaster, kernel_panic and FireFox
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
wishful thinking but i've always thought we need to take care of each other better
@Darkover we can't save everyone but there is little things we can do to help people can make a huge difference. If we looked out for each other we would have a better society.

●For example if you know a work colleague is having an extremely difficult time at work. Comfort them, try what is helpful with thier work problems and reassure them they have value in this company. If my colleagues did that in my last job life at work would have been so much easier or you know that family member who is upset about something in their whether it's financial or relationship wise reassure that member you are always there for them

The problem with society is far too many enjoy judging and seeing other people in problems that is why this Jerry Springer culture flourished all these years. Jerry Springer knew how people in society loved seeing others in problems and he saw a gap in the market and exploited it.
It's the same with methods. "How do we stop all these rising numbers of suicides?" "Let's make it as hard as possible for people suffering to end their pain." Not "how do we heal people in complex pain so they dont feel like they only have one way out. "
@carac The suicide prevention lobby and the army of grieving parents who lost a loved one to suicide need to show they are doing something about the issue of suicide and also to make themselves feel better( let's be honest) and give themselves comfort over their grief.

So it's much easier to go after websites and online communities then virtual signal on social media over shutting down a website and hounding its moderators than to actaully tackle the problems that led people to kill themselves because that using resources and having uncomfortable conversations to go go the root of the problem.

Last edited:
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
I think that "the society" and economy are the major issues. Only the strongest will survive happily, the others should be kept as slaves.

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I think that "the society" and economy are the major issues. Only the strongest will survive happily, the others should be kept as slaves.
@conarc Suicide is ultimately a symptom of a broken world. The true poison and sickness is the inhumanity of society.

we can not have world without suicide because some mental health illnesses are extremely difficult to live with such as bipolar and schizophrenia however if we did have a better world and society sucide won't be as common.

They are plenty of social and economic problems that led people to kill themselves. If people and society spent more time trying to address those rather than shutting this site and equivalents suicide wouldn't be a growing issue.

Reactions: conarc
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
@conarc Suicide is ultimately a symptom of a broken world. The true poison and sickness is the inhumanity of society.

we can not have world without suicide because some mental health illnesses are extremely difficult to live with such as bipolar and schizophrenia however if we did have a better world and society sucide won't be as common.

They are plenty of social and economic problems that led people to kill themselves. If people and society spent more time trying to address those rather than shutting this site and equivalents suicide wouldn't be a growing issue.
100%

I believe that the suicide rates will grow extremely fast in the coming decade.

• Aww..
Reactions: FireFox
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
100%

I believe that the suicide rates will grow extremely fast in the coming decade.
@conarc The problem is society does not want to sit and have serious uncomfortable conversations over the factors and reasons why people are choosing to kill themselves and more importantly what is the most pragmatic course of action to deal with these issues. Again that will take a lot of long term work, planning and resources so this why they pick on easier targets such as the sucide websites.

If a person opens up honestly about their mental health issues and struggles people treat them like a leper or this bad person making life difficult for everyone. These will be the same hypocritical arseholes tweeting #RIP and post any picture they could find of themselves with the person when person kills themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: conarc