FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it so insensitive and absurd when people go on about how suicidal people need "help" or should try getting "help" or in general just push the idea of it. I just don't understand that view, it makes little sense to me as wishing to be permanently relieved from all future unnecessary suffering is all that feels rational to me.
The problem lies in existence itself rather than wanting to die, I find it disgusting how wanting to die isn't seen as a valid way to feel despite the fact that existence causes nothing but harm.

We are all just waiting around to die anyway in this futile existence, there could never be a point to suffering here and this is just being aware. I hate how there is so much brainwashing into trying to make people believe that wanting to die is irrational despite the fact that it's anything but, suicide is self care and the only relief lies in death anyway.
One cannot suffer from not existing so to me it only makes sense wishing to be free from existing, it's tiresome being enslaved in this existence, I find it such a horrific tragedy how life even exists at all.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DoomValuer, 0000000000000, sadandlonely99 and 6 others
Moniker

Moniker

Nov 1, 2023
I think most people who drone on about suicide prevention and helping the depressed are just virtue signalling. It makes sense why suicidal people are characterized as desperate for help when you realize how many of these people just want to quench their savior complex.

Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70 and myusername890
S

sadandlonely99

Jan 23, 2023
Whenever someone tells me that I need help, I always respond with "you're right actually. I do need help. Help in achieving a peaceful death." They never want to continue the conversation after I say that lol

Reactions: stxrdustprincex and donehere24
raltsrover

raltsrover

Ñom
Oct 14, 2023
I find it so insensitive and absurd when people go on about how suicidal people need "help" or should try getting "help" or in general just push the idea of it. I just don't understand that view, it makes little sense to me as wishing to be permanently relieved from all future unnecessary suffering is all that feels rational to me.
The problem lies in existence itself rather than wanting to die, I find it disgusting how wanting to die isn't seen as a valid way to feel despite the fact that existence causes nothing but harm.

We are all just waiting around to die anyway in this futile existence, there could never be a point to suffering here and this is just being aware. I hate how there is so much brainwashing into trying to make people believe that wanting to die is irrational despite the fact that it's anything but, suicide is self care and the only relief lies in death anyway.
One cannot suffer from not existing so to me it only makes sense wishing to be free from existing, it's tiresome being enslaved in this existence, I find it such a horrific tragedy how life even exists at all.
I would like to start with saying that not everybody finds life horrible. The issue with ctb is that many people ARE able to recover but mental illness does not let them see that. When it comes to ctb, there's no time for regrets, so it's important to make sure it's the right decision. That's why it's a last resort.

plan c

plan c

My last resort.
Nov 8, 2022
I believe that many ppl need help in order to hear their inner voices and make choices of their own, which doesn't relate to whether they eventually choose to ctb or not.
I for one often find myself honest about my suicidal feeling without the usual defenses I had when I brought up the same set of topics with a shrink, since I know that minimum risk of exposure to unwanted judgements and brute interferences on this site even if I utter those very genuine feelings about death.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Some people do actually welcome help and support- otherwise- no one would ring those helplines or seek out therapists.

On the one hand, I agree- that it shouldn't be pushed on people. It shouldn't be assumed that someone is crazy for being suicidal. On the other though- I think you are only viewing this from your own perspective. You don't have any issues with your own ideation. Neither do I incidently. I'm comfortable thinking this way. Some people do struggle though. Some people experience these thoughts as invasive. They may be nervous about seeking out help. It should never be done aggressively of course but I think people should be offered help.

From my own perspective, my Dad doesn't believe in therapy. He is very anti all of that. I think that definitely influenced me. It took one of my friend's Mum's to gently tell me I might need some support. We went for a coffee and I just couldn't hold it together. Some people don't think they're worthy of supporting. Or- they have grown up believing you have to deal with stuff on your own. I think that's especially true for men. Men aren't encouraged to show their emotions or weakness.

Some people do respond well to being given help. While I agree- it's not something that should be forced on someone, I think it should be there as an option. Plus- I don't actually think it's 'toxic' for someone who genuinely cares about you to suggest things. We can still reject them of course but- that comes from a place of care. An outsider saying all that stuff is different though- that can certainly come across as condescending.

Reactions: movinout17 and tiger b