Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
If you do not exist as a living being, you cannot feel suffering. Granted, you cannot feel pleasure, either, but is pleasure better than non-existence? If you exist, you feel suffering. But if you don't exist, you feel neither suffering nor pleasure, thus making it better. Why do we continue to procreate if life is not as good as non-life. We should stop all advancements in technology and science and focus on ending the torture of everyone, which we call life. Life sucks, and people don't realize this because, as a society, we think that death is bad, that life is preferable to non-life, when in reality we would all be better off it none of us had ever existed in the first place. Non-existence trumps existence.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: FailureToAll, Sannti, SpiritualDeath and 3 others
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
Many people just do not understand what it's like to want to not exist. It simply doesn't register in their minds.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, cscott and Darkover
D

Deleted member 65988

Many people just do not understand what it's like to want to not exist. It simply doesn't register in their minds.
Because once the mind has been conscious, it cannot fathom wanting to not be in that state.

Reactions: cscott
ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Know thy self
Jan 18, 2020
We aren't crying about the lack of sentient life on mars. But we can be glad about the absence of suffering there..

Better never to have been.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkover
iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Neither death can do us apart
Sep 28, 2023
i wish i can be erased like never existed or if that cant happen i just want every single thing i ever did to be forget and all my family to just forget all the memories we had and leaving would be so easy for me

SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
When we were toddlers our brains were not developed enough to perform abstract logical reasoning or judge things independently. All the learning at this stage is passive information gathering. Therefore if at this stage (from birth actually) everyone and everything (literally everything) around us is agreeing to, supporting, spreading, implying the notion of life=good, death=bad in every way possible (verbal or non-verbal), and the notion is constantly repeated to us as we grow up, it's surely so ingrained in us that we lose our ability to doubt. Plus this notion is in favor of some very irrational, primitive but powerful human instincts (such as SI), making it even harder for people to reexamine. Most people don't even know this fundamental notion can (and need to) be reexamined even though they're suffering greatly. Sadly it's so successful in keeping this system of suffering going and it looks like it's not gonna stop.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm guessing the people most likely to procreate don't view life like this and I doubt you would be able to convince them to. You might be able to guilt trip them by saying it's a distict possibility that their child will suffer. There's a distinct possibility that all the animals we eat suffer. Does that stop us from doing it? I'm only vegetarian- rather than vegan. When it comes down to it- most people put their own needs first. Including the innate desire to breed unfortunately.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The only true perfection could ever lie in never existing at all, of course it will always be better to never be burdened with the ability to be tormented endlessly in such a disgusting and harmful world. Only non-existence can bring peace and relief from the true problem that is existence itself, procreation will always be a tragic, repulsive crime, the tragedy lies in how deluded humans create so much harm by so unnecessarily forcing life to exist here, the only rational and compassionate outcome would be to let this species go extinct.