iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
just the title, everything still feels entirely not worth doing. Cant move on or find someone else cause im disgusting and cant relate to anyone. Dont know what to do or how to cope, i just want to stop having dreams about him

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, igl00, DyingToDie123 and 4 others
loneliness0

loneliness0

Oct 13, 2023
It been around 2 years since my breakup also.

I think big part of not being able let go for me is not wanting to let go. Still being emotionally attached to person even when we are not in contact anymore gives me some sense of meaning/safety.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, UtopianSoliloquies, secretsfromthecity and 2 others
failingthroughlife

failingthroughlife

May 2, 2020
heyy, can I ask if you've tried the no contact method?
I was struggling so much and one day I realised I needed to block him from my life, delete pictures and try get him out my mind. It hurt like hell but it worked, I dont dream about him anymore and a lot of the time I don't even think about him. The first few weeks were HARD but its been 109 days and I'm finally starting to get myself back. I was engaged to this man but I couldnt hold on to that. I know this may not help in your personal situation but this is what really worked for me.
Sending love

• Love
Reactions: NumbItAll and iamalreadydead
get.some.sleep

get.some.sleep

I hope I don't feel like this forever
Nov 17, 2023
I'm sorry you're going through that. It's been just over 2 months since my ex left. I tried so hard to make it work and did everything she asked (therapy, get clean, etc) but it wasn't enough. I begged her to come back and let me show her the best version of myself to ever exist and she said no. Now, I just go through the motions and spend every second of everyday thinking about her. It's like there's a hole in my heart shaped like her that nothing else can fill. I hope that someday you're able to move on.

iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
heyy, can I ask if you've tried the no contact method?
I was struggling so much and one day I realised I needed to block him from my life, delete pictures and try get him out my mind. It hurt like hell but it worked, I dont dream about him anymore and a lot of the time I don't even think about him. The first few weeks were HARD but its been 109 days and I'm finally starting to get myself back. I was engaged to this man but I couldnt hold on to that. I know this may not help in your personal situation but this is what really worked for me.
Sending love
I actually did end up keeping distance and was doing pretty well but i had a horrible dream about him recently so i reached out and i think i regressed pretty hard. I set out my entire future with him and i was probably the most elated and euphoric i had ever been in my entire life when we first got together in like 2019. Haven't felt like it since and it feels like ill never feel it again honestly. Im gonna try to go no contact again, thanks

secretsfromthecity

secretsfromthecity

To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
May 6, 2023
just the title, everything still feels entirely not worth doing. Cant move on or find someone else cause im disgusting and cant relate to anyone. Dont know what to do or how to cope, i just want to stop having dreams about him
i've been separated from my ex since april. he had to file a restraining order bc i went insane and tried to talk to him even though he didn't want me to. i still have dreams about him every night..it's the most happiest i feel now. then i wake up and it's just a disgusting feeling that i can't ever get him back. i don't know what to do either, but i've done some classpass workouts, even bought slime bc it's kind of childlike happiness and tried to just go for long walks to keep my mind at ease. honestly it's not working well but it's keeping everything at bay for now. i just wanted to say i feel the same way and it fucking sucks

• Love
Reactions: iamalreadydead
failingthroughlife

failingthroughlife

May 2, 2020
I actually did end up keeping distance and was doing pretty well but i had a horrible dream about him recently so i reached out and i think i regressed pretty hard. I set out my entire future with him and i was probably the most elated and euphoric i had ever been in my entire life when we first got together in like 2019. Haven't felt like it since and it feels like ill never feel it again honestly. Im gonna try to go no contact again, thanks
This is my second attempt at no contact- don't worry that you reached out, you're human and we all do it! I downloaded a app on my phone and it tells me how many days its been and it really really helped.
The most important relationship in your life is the one with yourself, you will find someone one day I promise you, it may take longer than you want but you will find them!!

• Love
iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
thank you guys i appreciate the responses, makes me feel less alone

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Damn, it's been a year and while I'm not completely over my ex, I feel like I've made progress. If you ever need someone to message, you can absolutely message or start a private conversation with me. If anything, I can serve as an ear to listen.

In regards to your situation, I certainly understand the difficulty of cutting contact with an ex. I also understand the never feeling as good as you did when you were in the relationship. I was floating in the first few months of my relationship with her. I still haven't felt it since. And the dreams, god the dreams are the worst but I gotta say, if you can distance enough, you'll have dreams about people. Ever since I've began college and making new friends and crushes, I've had dreams about those people and less about my ex.

Again though, our situations are different, but I can listen to anything you need to say if you ever wanna reach out. I won't judge or anything, everyone needs someone to talk to from time to time

• Love