Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
I was thinking about probability recently. Have you ever thought that the probability of things being even worse than they are now is so low that things just can't get any worse than they are right now?
Well, if you tossed a coin 1,000,000 times, and it landed on tails every time, the probability of it landing on tails the next time would still be the same as the probability of it landing on tails the first time, even though when you started tossing the coin the probability of getting tails 1,000,001 times in a row was so low.
So, by the same logic, no matter how bad things are already, it must still be possible for things to get worse I think.
Just thought I'd share that cheerful thought with you :-)

Reactions: WearyWanderer, Bct, MorticiasHair and 1 other person
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
Of course it is always possible that things get worse, but it is not a coin flip. For some it may be highly unlikely, for some it may be likely that things will get better. It depends on the situation.

Reactions: Bct and Deleted member 17949
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Yes. Everything can always somehow get worse. Its amazing. You think its already horrible and then life shows to you that there can be even worse. Life still sucks

Reactions: Angina
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
Things could definitely get worse. The thing is, apart from the actions we can take, and the way we choose to look at things, circumstances can always change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Of course it is always possible that things get worse, but it is not a coin flip. For some it may be highly unlikely, for some it may be likely that things will get better. It depends on the situation.
Tbh. Life isn't fair and some people's chances are worse than others.

Reactions: Bct and rhiino