S

SawItOnce

Nov 13, 2019
Any topic from the Recovery or Suicide section, omg how I would be interested then in participating, in listening, truly listening to what they say, to finally look at their faces and feel that they are *real*. People in flesh that indeed exist in my world. Hearing them talking about anything that you guys have brought up, would make me feel real myself and also the world around me.

Sadly the website has the stunted quality of virtual. Nicknames, avatars, communication limited to written words, timing and symbolic emoticons. I would like both, these topics, these stories *and* 3d people, to see faces, to know names, to see body language, to witness your emotions in real time. To be able to hold a hand, for my comfort and for the comfort of the other. To be able to get angry and then to understand, and then to not care about differences, to miss and seek company. To have messy relationships with people who feel real. Now I just have messy relationships with shadows.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: OreoWellington, SoupSnakes, azucaramargo and 1 other person
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
This post is a beautiful illustration of why the 'you're not alone' line is bullshit.

In our own reality we are often alone. Haven't met a single person in flesh with the same struggles as me and doubt I ever will. We fight with ourselves behind closed doors and turn into something else when we go outside.

• Love
Reactions: Are you lost too?, OreoWellington, Lethe and 3 others
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Any topic from the Recovery or Suicide section, omg how I would be interested then in participating, in listening, truly listening to what they say, to finally look at their faces and feel that they are *real*. People in flesh that indeed exist in my world. Hearing them talking about anything that you guys have brought up, would make me feel real myself and also the world around me.

Sadly the website has the stunted quality of virtual. Nicknames, avatars, communication limited to written words, timing and symbolic emoticons. I would like both, these topics, these stories *and* 3d people, to see faces, to know names, to see body language, to witness your emotions in real time. To be able to hold a hand, for my comfort and for the comfort of the other. To be able to get angry and then to understand, and then to not care about differences, to miss and seek company. To have messy relationships with people who feel real. Now I just have messy relationships with shadows.
TOTALLY, right?!?!
Man, SUCH a good post!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: SawItOnce
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
If we had enough money to do it, which I doubt since poverty is one of the reasons many of us are here, it would be cool for us to all live in a community of some sort. I mean maybe, I don't know. I feel like drama always follows because humanity...but I dream.

• Love
Reactions: Are you lost too? and SawItOnce
Y

yesitsme39

Nov 15, 2019
Sometimes you're the one that makes that change. You never know, one of your co workers could have a similar problem as yours but they're not brave enough to talk about it. ( As yourself)