Plankter

Plankter

欠陥人
Aug 14, 2018
When I complete a semester at school without giving up, nobody gives a f##k, but if I quit I'm a quitter and a disappointment to my family. When I send professors emails asking for important things nobody cares, but if I don't send an email and have to repeat a course because of it I'm a failure who can't even send an email. Why do people ignore you when you are successful and only care about the times you fail? Do they realize how ridiculously difficult it is to keep going in a world like this? Or how anxiety inducing sending emails is? Why are expectations so ridiculously high everywhere in society? So many questions that bug me everyday

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: End Game, MiserableBastard1995 and Life_and_Death
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My first boss once told me:

"I'm not gonna compliment you for your good job and actions, I'm just gonna point out your failures. "

It made me realize that most people are like that. Wise words.

• Wow
Reactions: NumbItAll
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I think a bit of that is necessary. My parents never pressured or criticized me and that must have contributed to me spending a lot of time gaming during adolescence. It's tricky and the balance depends on the recipients psychological profile I think.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
because if everything runs smoothly then people have nothing to notice or point out. the second something comes out of place people have something to say. its like @WornOutLife said, for the most part, everyone is like this. depending on where you look (reviews) you will see a lot more complaints about things then you will see positive remarks.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and WornOutLife
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
My first boss once told me:

"I'm not gonna compliment you for your good job and actions, I'm just gonna point out your failures. "

It made me realize that most people are like that. Wise words.
I honestly can't understand that mentality at all. Tearing someone down is not leadership, it's narcissism.

• Love
Reactions: Plankter and WornOutLife
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Yeah I hate it. My whole upbringing was super critical.

Makes me very sensitive to criticism in ways.

Reactions: WearyWanderer and Plankter
Plankter

Plankter

欠陥人
Aug 14, 2018
I think a bit of that is necessary. My parents never pressured or criticized me and that must have contributed to me spending a lot of time gaming during adolescence. It's tricky and the balance depends on the recipients psychological profile I think.
That doesn't mean they can't appreciate the good things you do as well