• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

anuglymale

Feb 16, 2019
This is so painfully hopeless

Reactions: bayarea, Random, throwaway777 and 1 other person
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Sorry dude. Maybe you'll do better than expected.

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, lemmeeleev, Cookiedough8956 and 1 other person
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Worrying is the worst thing you can do. So stop it!

There's nothing more you can do, so just chill. Worry honestly is bad for you, so do things to relax and enjoy yourself. It's all over and done with! You did the work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, lemmeeleev and Cookiedough8956
aspx

aspx

Mar 25, 2019
Same. I can't study (or even process what the teacher says) when my brain is filled with suicidal thoughts. It's been a nightmare.
Funny thing is that there were times where I could have written a paper on AI. I had everything, the material and the will to, but I didn't because I thought it was stupid. Now I'm 99% sure that I'm going to fail on a very simple subject.

Why do you think you're going to fail on your exams?

Reactions: bayarea, Tragoedia Vitae, lemmeeleev and 2 others
Eeyore

Eeyore

Aug 4, 2018
I'm having really tough time studying too. I've had enough of learning dumb information that I don't really need and I really can't focus at all. I feel you man, you must be burnt out from it all. Studying can be tough but if you add depression and thoughts of suicide then it becomes really difficult.

Reactions: bayarea, Walilamdzi, Tragoedia Vitae and 4 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Same. I can't study (or even process what the teacher says) when my brain is filled with suicidal thoughts. It's been a nightmare.
Funny thing is that there were times where I could have written a paper on AI. I had everything, the material and the will to, but I didn't because I thought it was stupid. Now I'm 99% sure that I'm going to fail on a very simple subject.

Wow. Glad you didn't. You'd contribute to the destruction of humanity. Are you trolling? Or could you seriously have made AI?

Reactions: lemmeeleev and aspx
D

Deltrus

Mar 20, 2019
Jodes you watch too many movies xD. Real life isn't like the terminator.

There's plenty of people writing papers on AI, and the world hasn't ended yet. And I think AI has potential to save humanity rather than destroy it. The more we understand it and get a firm foundation, the better chances we get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, lemmeeleev and aspx
aspx

aspx

Mar 25, 2019
Wow. Glad you didn't. You'd contribute to the destruction of humanity. Are you trolling? Or could you seriously have made AI?
Are you being sarcastic?
Anyway, you could make an AI (neural network, in this case) with about 15 lines of code, right now.

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae and lemmeeleev
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
Failing is never fun. Depending on which level of education you're in, it's gonna either suck, or seriously suck.

Reactions: _r1a, Tragoedia Vitae and lemmeeleev
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Are you being sarcastic?
Anyway, you could make an AI (neural network, in this case) with about 15 lines of code, right now.
Nope, I'm really impressed. I've had an AI maths book for 20 years that I'm still on the first chapter of.
And I'm pretty sure AI is one of our worst threats. Although we have quite a few.
Sorry derailing the thread @anuglymale

Last edited:
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae
ithappens

ithappens

Live free or die
Aug 9, 2018
When you're failing most of your classes AND you're going to wind up in debt for the rest of your life for that failure, suicide seems like a better and better option every single day ... I feel you.

• Hmph!
Reactions: _r1a, Tragoedia Vitae, Deltrus and 1 other person
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I wish it could become clear in a calming and confidence boosting way to so many people here and elsewhere that it is entirely possible to drop out of academia and study on your own. Sometimes that can even offer a reentry into academia at any point during the rest of your life.

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
I wish it could become clear in a calming and confidence boosting way to so many people here and elsewhere that it is entirely possible to drop out of academia and study on your own. Sometimes that can even offer a reentry into academia at any point during the rest of your life.

Sure, but I need the piece of paper to get a job.

Reactions: Jodes and mpti
Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
Same for me. Mine will star in 1 week. But you know, I won't be depressed if I fail, I just don't care. I decided to spend my time on my hobbies after failing. All my life I always have to do some bullsh*t, so I am pretty much tired of it. Gotta concentrate on music and drawing.

Reactions: Jodes
A

anuglymale

Feb 16, 2019

Similar to your situation. I am failing to prepare, plus there are a lot if them

Reactions: Jodes and aspx
throwaway777

throwaway777

一人、部屋で、独り。
Oct 3, 2018
i didnt even try i gave up on studying a while ago it seems too pointless and anyways im too stupid and always tired to do anything

Reactions: _r1a and Jodes
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Sure, but I need the piece of paper to get a job.

But you don't. Not for AI/tech careers anyways which is what prompted me to post.

Last edited:
A

anuglymale

Feb 16, 2019
But you don't. Not for AI/tech careers anyways which is what prompted me to post.
I literally have an AI-related job offer conditional on me getting a degree("paper")

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I literally have an AI-related job offer conditional on me getting a degree("paper")

Which isn't the only job you can get an offer on if you can prove you know what's good and if you stay immersed in what you're already very proficient at, especially if you have contacts on the inside of various tech industries. Also, if that very specific path is contributing to unbearable stress it isn't sustainable anyways.

mpti

mpti

Feb 19, 2019
Studying and working for the rest of my life seems unbearable. I don't know how normal people don't just kill themselves young.

Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I've heard rumours of what @waived says about tech, but it would only be startups or small companies that take those risks. If you have money, confidence and drive you could try some startups yourself. Fuck that sounds exhausting

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I've heard rumours of what @waived says about tech, but it would only be startups or small companies that take those risks. If you have money, confidence and drive you could try some startups yourself. Fuck that sounds exhausting

If the bar you've set is so high that anything less than $120k/yr at a fortune 50 company is not good enough I applaud your determination and understand your drive but would caution against optimism. I am not one to defend work or the economy but @ someone who is already proficient with something in the specific way and to the specific degree that some tech nerds are without formal training, it is far easier to self manage. I think this is increasingly true within the sec arena.