Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
i just quit my job. it was an amazing opportunity, and i threw it away. i thought i would feel relief but i just feel incredible shame.

anxiety makes every decision for me and its made my life SO much worse. this is definitely one of my bad days. i feel sick.

kudos to everyone here. reading some of the posts i can tell many of you are much more resilient than i. i wish i had the same strength, maybe i wouldn't be in this position.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BrainShower, floralheaddress, annointed_towers and 8 others
Princess_Kitty

Princess_Kitty

Lost kitty
Jan 4, 2024
There's nothing to be ashamed of for quitting. I quit my job few months ago due to my mental health.

I have anxiety too, it gets so bad in public. I understand how you're feeling. Part of reason why I don't go out to shop or anything. I do a lot of it online.

Just try to take it one day at a time. You could try just having today be all about yourself. Make your favorite meal or order out if you can. Watch your favorite show/movie or play some games. Whatever that you enjoy, even if it's the smallest thing. Then just see how your feeling at end of day.

I'm sorry you're having a rough day. *Hugs* 💜

• Love
Reactions: Tears in Rain, Hardcore_Henry and Stormy Raine
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I'm sorry you're feeling like this, sending your a virtual hug 🥰 Would you feel better if you asked for your job back and maybe explain you are dealing with some personal issues and want to come back? If not, it's ok. I always think it's a great idea to try to stay busy or you will frequent this site more often! My anxiety is horrible, I only go out if I have to and my home is my sanctuary, some would say a prison! Without your job will you be able to survive? I couldn't so I'm not resilient but I don't have family that can help me so I suffer in silence and pray death comes fast. Try to find some happiness in today no matter how small it is!!

• Love
Reactions: Tears in Rain and Hardcore_Henry
SecretDissociation

SecretDissociation

Suicide enthusiast
Sep 11, 2022
You have strength. There is plenty of strength in just living. Don't blame yourself for quitting. You did it because you had a reason and that reason was/is enough. Anxiety is a nasty thing that sits on your shoulder but rest eay the actions you take can be dealt with. Try reapplying or like the other said, explain the situation to them.
Lots of luck to you, friend

• Love
Reactions: Tears in Rain and Hardcore_Henry
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
I'm sorry you're feeling like this, sending your a virtual hug 🥰 Would you feel better if you asked for your job back and maybe explain you are dealing with some personal issues and want to come back? If not, it's ok. I always think it's a great idea to try to stay busy or you will frequent this site more often! My anxiety is horrible, I only go out if I have to and my home is my sanctuary, some would say a prison! Without your job will you be able to survive? I couldn't so I'm not resilient but I don't have family that can help me so I suffer in silence and pray death comes fast. Try to find some happiness in today no matter how small it is!!
im able to survive, i have a 2nd job ive been at for a while, its much more manageable and flexible. honestly its not much but its honest work lol. i also have enough in savings to stick around for a bit longer. not giving up just yet though, ill find something.
im sorry you feel the same way though, it's not fun and i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
and the family thing, if you ever want to talk, im here. :sunglasses:

Reactions: Tears in Rain and Stormy Raine
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
im able to survive, i have a 2nd job ive been at for a while, its much more manageable and flexible. honestly its not much but its honest work lol. i also have enough in savings to stick around for a bit longer. not giving up just yet though, ill find something.
im sorry you feel the same way though, it's not fun and i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
and the family thing, if you ever want to talk, im here. :sunglasses:
Well least you have a saving and another job. That's very kind of you, I definitely appreciate that, that's very kind of you 🥰

Reactions: Tears in Rain