Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
I was looking at my peers and relatives' LinkedIn pages, and it simply devastated me how successful they are, while I am a complete failure. They have abilities and successes to look forward to. Their youth was filled with love, contempt, and a carefree environment, but mine was plagued with abuse, neglect, and trauma. I don't have any accomplishments to report since I was so exhausted from dealing with my abuse that I didn't have time to focus on myself or schoolwork. Perhaps, that explains the reason why I don't have anything to be proud of

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lights_are_on, Mary5689, chloramine and 12 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Life is just so cruel and it is sad how so many people have to endure lives filled with so much pain. Everything is determined by luck and chance and of course it is so unfair how many people are disadvantaged through no fault of their own. I understand why you would be frustrated, but after all life is unpredictable and uncertain. Things could easily get much worse for all these people you see, like they could get health problems. This is why I could never envy anyone who is alive as all life comes with potential to suffer. I'm sorry that you have been through so much in your life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mary5689, chloramine, Regen and 3 others
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
Some days, seeing people who are successful can affect one's mindset.

However, when one thinks about all the effort those people have put into their lives just to maintain that mask of success (because even those who appear to be successful still have tons of issues that they cover over), one's normal everyday average existence does not seem that bad.

• Love
Reactions: DreamSurfer, Huntfish34, Klophy and 1 other person
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
It inspires me to see carefree happy people because it pushes me to catch that bus even more.

• Hugs
Reactions: lights_are_on, Huntfish34 and Klophy
DarkNearDeath

DarkNearDeath

Student
May 1, 2021
I was looking at my peers and relatives' LinkedIn pages, and it simply devastated me how successful they are, while I am a complete failure. They have abilities and successes to look forward to. Their youth was filled with love, contempt, and a carefree environment, but mine was plagued with abuse, neglect, and trauma. I don't have any accomplishments to report since I was so exhausted from dealing with my abuse that I didn't have time to focus on myself or schoolwork. Perhaps, that explains the reason why I don't have anything to be proud of
Sadly, I'm in this boat. A fucking failure.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Klophy
K

Klophy

Lost...
Jun 28, 2022
Seeing successful/happy people used to give me some hope, like maybe that could be me someday if i put in the work.

Sadly i've come to find life is unfair. A lot of my time was spent like yours, trying to keep myself together, while everyone else was progressing.

Now i don't particularly hate people who've made it, it doesn't inspire confidence in me anymore just feelings of dread, panic, regret, inadequacy... just more crap to deal with

• Hugs
Reactions: Alive4now, chloramine and Huntfish34
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
You're only seeing what they want you to see. Appearances can be deceiving.

• Hugs
Reactions: Maaizr, Hollowman, Regen and 1 other person
H

HateMyPointlessLife

Dec 31, 2021
I hate going on social media for this reason. Everyone I know is either getting married and/or having kids, or have successful careers. And I can barely function every day. And am completely lost. I feel like such a complete failure in life. And I'm tired of being so jealous of everyone else.

• Hugs
Reactions: losingit, Regen and Huntfish34
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Agree, it's way too painful. I'll never search for a past contact ever again, that was a mistake. I avoid all irl social media because of this problem.

Reactions: Regen
DreamSurfer

DreamSurfer

Beyond this reality the waves of peace await
Apr 8, 2022
It depends on your personal definition of success. There are many people who don't make hundreds of thousands of dollars, didn't grad from an Ivy league school, aren't on Instagram, aren't on LinkedIn, and consider their lives successful.

There are people who define their success as having a fulfilling life that doesn't evolve around material things, money, or showing off on social media. Some people's success is based off of what they have fulfilled in life as far as what they wanted to do or see.

As I grew up, I thought success and happiness was always about the best job, huge house, nice things, making atleast 100k a year. I worked harder and harder and reached more and more goals and still never felt successful or unfulfilled. I landed a job that didn't seem feasible to me when I was younger, it didn't bring the happiness I thought it would.

I work alongside a guy that makes overk 200k a year and he is one of the most miserable people that I ever met. And on social media, you hardly ever see real stuff, many people are unhappy and depressed but want to project like they aren't. Hence why there are still many multimillionaires that commit suicide.

My point is everything isn't always as it seems.

Reactions: blue_muse, Hollowman, chloramine and 2 others
HopefulButPrepared

HopefulButPrepared

Experienced
Jun 22, 2022
i suspect the people who go out of their way to create impressive online personas are hiding something - you have to be very insecure to do that shit

F

Funeralprincess

Death never turned on me
May 8, 2022

It disgusts me to see other people succeed. They have a great boyfriends who spoil and love them, they have amazing jobs, close knit families, and then here I am, having a mental disease that destroys everything for me. I hate that some of us were born into abuse and trauma because it affects us from having good things in life and we are just trapped, not ever having the ability to be great. This is why I deleted most of my social media because I hate seeing other people happy and successful and I'm not fearful to admit that. It's unfair how they get so much good and people like us get all of the bad. I got rid of almost all my media and it allows me to just pretend like none of those people actually exist. Disassociating from the world helps me get through things at times

Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
It disgusts me to see other people succeed. They have a great boyfriends who spoil and love them, they have amazing jobs, close knit families, and then here I am, having a mental disease that destroys everything for me. I hate that some of us were born into abuse and trauma because it affects us from having good things in life and we are just trapped, not ever having the ability to be great. This is why I deleted most of my social media because I hate seeing other people happy and successful and I'm not fearful to admit that. It's unfair how they get so much good and people like us get all of the bad. I got rid of almost all my media and it allows me to just pretend like none of those people actually exist. Disassociating from the world helps me get through things at times
Exactly. It just reflects right back at you. Everyone I know is doing amazing at life, while im the only one struggling