Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
It is wrong to ghost someone if they offend you?
It is childish behaviour to quit talking to someone if they say something that offends or is good option?
If you said something and it unintentionally offended someone how would you feel? I'm okay to be offended or is immature reaction?
Why I had to feel brutal about peoples comments and it made me upset. Now I don't like talking to people. It's over.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and Huntfish34
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I ghost people that offend me quite often... Kinda depends on who/ what the situation is though , just a different way to avoid further conflicts/ resentments.

Sadly I have a lot of hatred / resentments built up in me so I certainly understand what you mean. Thanks for sharing, hope you have a good day if possible.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: uncreativeusername, lofticries, Cathy Ames and 1 other person
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It depends. If it's some who you know well in person ghosting is not the best, there should usually be some way to at least talk about things unless they have gotten reallly bad. If it's someoone you just chatted with a few times on the internet it's not as bad, but it's usually best to be civil and at least tell them why you were offended about something. However, ghosting happens a lot on the internet between people who don't also hang out in person.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Celerity, Skathon, Rocinante and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I mean- if it's toxic people like narcissists or sociopaths then yeah- avoid them like the plague.

Suppose it depends on just how important their friendship or connection is to you. If it was a mere blunder by someone who you value- presumably you can tell them why it upset you so much. My Dad tends to make clumsy sexist and even racist remarks on occasions. I wouldn't say he was especially sexist or racist in his attitudes. I guess it's because I love him that I'll question him sometimes on things he just says without thinking because they can be hurtful.

Still- if you don't really care about these people- then- yeah- perhaps don't ghost them exactly but maybe don't go seeking out their advice and friendship- if you know their responses are just going to trigger you.

I'm going to be brutally honest here- and I really don't want to hurt or offend you. I believe we all have the right to feel upset about what we feel upset about. I may be wrong but I get the impression your depression is very much centred around attractiveness. I'm not sure if you are talking about this place with regards to ghosting in this post? Still- I would say- kind of warn in a way that not everyone will be able to relate to your particular circumstances. If some people are confronted with the question: 'Don't you want to kill yourself because you don't look like this person, or this person?' They may just not be able to relate to that at all. They may feel that looks aren't that (all) important- that perhaps their problems are far worse. I think some people just really don't like vanity too. It's an odd situation- because society tends to push the need for beauty but at the same time, vanity isn't always seen as positive. I am truly sorry that you feel like you are receiving hate- either here or, the real world.

I would say- in a way- ALL of our circumstances are very unique. It's unlikely we will ALL be able to totally sympathise with one anothers situations. Plus, some people seem to think that maybe an OP's problems are more trivial and more fixable than they actually are (to that person.) That said- we REALLY ought to try I think. At the end of the day- for whatever reason- we're all suffering enough to be here. I'm sorry you are suffering.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, LastFlowers, WhiteRabbit and 2 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

Aug 26, 2022
It depends. If it's some who you know well in person ghosting is not the best, there should usually be some way to at least talk about things unless they have gotten reallly bad.
Suppose it depends on just how important their friendship or connection is to you. If it was a mere blunder by someone who you value- presumably you can tell them why it upset you so much.
:aw::aw:Maybe I'm offended cause I value the person so much
I will tell them but I don't want them to block me forever like Shahist Persian did. Then I will have no one to talk to. I was already saddened over that.
I'm going to be brutally honest here- and I really don't want to hurt or offend you. I believe we all have the right to feel upset about what we feel upset about. I may be wrong but I get the impression your depression is very much centred around attractiveness.
✅
I'm not sure if you are talking about this place with regards to ghosting in this post? Still- I would say- kind of warn in a way that not everyone will be able to relate to your particular circumstances. If some people are confronted with the question: 'Don't you want to kill yourself because you don't look like this person, or this person?' They may just not be able to relate to that at all. They may feel that looks aren't that (all) important- that perhaps their problems are far worse. I think some people just really don't like vanity too. It's an odd situation- because society tends to push the need for beauty but at the same time, vanity isn't always seen as positive. I am truly sorry that you feel like you are receiving hate- either here or, the real world.
Yes I saw that people find my posts strange. This is unfair, I just wanted to discuss my problems here. I only wanted a normal looks so that I could live a normal life but I dropped out of society and stayed indoors for 6 years cause I hated my face. No one will understand how much BDD ruined my life. The entire time I was unemployed too. I know I wasted my life on trivial things.
I would say- in a way- ALL of our circumstances are very unique. It's unlikely we will ALL be able to totally sympathise with one anothers situations. Plus, some people seem to think that maybe an OP's problems are more trivial and more fixable than they actually are (to that person.) That said- we REALLY ought to try I think. At the end of the day- for whatever reason- we're all suffering enough to be here. I'm sorry you are suffering.
This is very true, thank you for the insight.
I ghost people that offend me quite often... Kinda depends on who/ what the situation is though , just a different way to avoid further conflicts/ resentments.

Sadly I have a lot of hatred / resentments built up in me so I certainly understand what you mean. Thanks for sharing, hope you have a good day if possible.
Thank you

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, LastFlowers and Forever Sleep
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
It is childish behaviour to quit talking to someone if they say something that offends or is good option?
If you said something and it unintentionally offended someone how would you feel? I'm okay to be offended or is immature reaction?
Why I had to feel brutal about peoples comments and it made me upset. Now I don't like talking to people. It's over.
It depends if I felt safe enough to tell them why they offended me.
If they have made it apparent that they are not the type of person who will change or try to understand why I was so hurt, then going cold and distant and turning away might be the only option..though that would hurt me as well, because the issue wasn't resolved and now that person may never address the sort of harm they inflict.

If it is something or someone you feel can be reasoned with and accept how upset you became without becoming even crueler or reactionary themselves, then imo you should always try to address why you were offended.
It could help both parties and maybe even strengthen the relationship and the other person's ability to empathize.

I have not had much luck with the latter myself although it's the option I would prefer was readily available from those around me..it's not, leading to more drastic isolation and forms of compartmentalizing that practically have me play a personality that is pathetically accepting and unlike my own (so even if I don't ghost someone literally, my true personality is not actually interacting with them, it's too dangerous..I'm too vulnerable).

Personally I would want someone to tell me if I offended them, but sometimes that is a hard pill to swallow when it comes from those who are better off or already have a history of making me feel like utter shit..having never reflected on that themselves.
Still, I would rather know why than be "ghosted". I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth and then work things out from there.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Huntfish34, Forever Sleep and Rocinante
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
:aw::aw:Maybe I'm offended cause I value the person so much
I will tell them but I don't want them to block me forever like Shahist Persian did. Then I will have no one to talk to. I was already saddened over that.

✅

Yes I saw that people find my posts strange. This is unfair, I just wanted to discuss my problems here. I only wanted a normal looks so that I could live a normal life but I dropped out of society and stayed indoors for 6 years cause I hated my face. No one will understand how much BDD ruined my life. The entire time I was unemployed too. I know I wasted my life on trivial things.

This is very true, thank you for the insight.

Thank you
Sounds like it is worth talking to them. I think we all say things we regret at times. We sometimes say things we don't entirely mean, or think through. Maybe they didn't realise it would hurt you so much. We're complex beings- we all have things that trigger us. All relationships can become minefields. I think- for those we want to hang onto- it's worth being as open as you can be. Good luck.

You're right too- I'm not sure any of us can control the things that deeply upset us. We have all lived unique lives that have shaped our needs, insecurities and coping mechanisms. For you to be able to cope with life- you feel you need to look a certain way. For me- it's art. I feel the need to be creative in order to get through life. I'm depressed because it looks like I need to let go of my coping mechanism. (It won't be enough to just do it as a hobby.) I know that won't make sense to a lot of people but it doesn't make our suffering any less. I really hope you can make amends with this person. 🤗

• Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Your name seems familiar, have you posted recently?
It is not strange at all to want to look normal or good in this superficial society of shallow human beings who are always trying to pretend otherwise, while blissfully contributing to the problem at the same time.
But yes, that sort of overarching topic is often censored and people are very abusive, dismissive and nasty to those who bring it up (unless it's attractive people talking about it, the irony!)

I personally have very serious criticisms of the "BDD" diagnosis, among others.
The whole manual of these things, honestly.
But that's another topic..
Still, I especially don't think that anyone's reaction to unfortunate physical circumstances should be judged or put a limit on in order to pathologize it..or make fun of it and call it odd.
That doesn't make sense in the context of this place we live in.
Appearance is far from trivial..it's the thing that identifies us, it's what people think of when they imagine us, it's what we are forced to filter our entire selves through from the moment we are born..it's terribly significant and inescapable.
Impossible to ignore.

Idk your actual physical standing, but I 100% relate to the part about isolating and removing yourself from society.
For me, I absolutely had to do this in order to avoid excessive torment.
(Being alone was the only way I was able to separate myself from how others were seeing me, in order to come to like WHO I was at least and realize that I was not the problem..that I just had a shitty hand and people around me who took advantage of that.)
It was simply the lesser of evils, not good at all, just better than being out where I could not dissociate from something I had no say in, something that caused others to see me as less than them, as inconsequential or a bother..a creature…a cringe worthy person just from a glance.
And my situation only became physically worse.

I'm very tired now. Very very very tired.
I wish I at least had one family member who had similar circumstances and could comfort me on my way 'to the bus', but I don't.
I got the short straw, things are bad.
But I refuse to blame myself for how I have been forced to cope.
I do not blame you either, though I am sorry if you have realized it was a mistake in your case.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I'm going to be brutally honest here- and I really don't want to hurt or offend you. I believe we all have the right to feel upset about what we feel upset about. I may be wrong but I get the impression your depression is very much centred around attractiveness. I'm not sure if you are talking about this place with regards to ghosting in this post? Still- I would say- kind of warn in a way that not everyone will be able to relate to your particular circumstances. If some people are confronted with the question: 'Don't you want to kill yourself because you don't look like this person, or this person?' They may just not be able to relate to that at all. They may feel that looks aren't that (all) important- that perhaps their problems are far worse. I think some people just really don't like vanity too. It's an odd situation- because society tends to push the need for beauty but at the same time, vanity isn't always seen as positive. I am truly sorry that you feel like you are receiving hate- either here or, the real world.
It's weird because almost everyone complains or laments about their appearance at some point..even those who objectively have no real reason to are very capable of non-stop reassurance seeking and losing their minds if even one person gives them the impression that they might not look all that great.
(They don't even care if they obfuscate the pleas of those physically worse off, they're going to do it anyway…because even the very idea of it is haunting.)

You would think it would only be a matter of degree..in how much they're able to relate..how often they have had to think about this issue with distress..how much (and in what manner) they're willing to admit considering the topic is so ironically taboo, despite its ubiquitous and pervasive nature being all too obvious to anyone who inhabits the earth, or a body.
I raise an eyebrow to those who claim full distance from the topic is natural to them.
I find it incredibly disingenuous, and harmful to profess or force onto those who suffer on the worse side of the looks spectrum.
A suffering of which should never be blamed from coming from within, as it almost always begins and festers by the hand of outside sources and other people first.

(Not to mention, I don't think people realize that even the simple act of putting on an outfit and feeling good about what you see in the mirror, or fine that that's "you" when you walk out the door.. is something that's actually taken for granted compared to those who have to be at constant odds with their face, and/or body, the very thing they live in 24/7.
Even the little things can be painfully foreign to those who suffer without them.
And the reminders are EVERYWHERE.)

As far as those who try to downplay this issue or state their ascension beyond it..
I've known too many people IRL who say one thing, then act or or say the complete opposite..or undermine their position somehow. Every time.
Even on this site..I once had someone do a multi quote..where they drowned me in empty platitudes and meaningless drivel about what I live with (after I poured my heart out), when they have never lived it themselves…only to blatantly and shamelessly fall all over and compliment another poster with an attractive profile picture..in the very same comment they were quoting me.
At first I thought they must be fucking with me..but no, they thought what they were doing was perfectly normal and not a slap in the face.
It would have been pretty good satire, if it wasn't my reality.

So many people have killed themselves over the flesh prison they've been stuck in..for one reason or another.
People don't do that at the rate it's done unless there is a very serious problem with the emphasis put on appearances, both overt and covert. Inherently and with social constructs.
But I also don't think such reasons are publicized as much as others-not plainly, not apart from the beautiful or famous- because again, the taboo, the "hush hush" and the shame of the person who perhaps kept their mouth shut before offing themselves.
And are most people going to risk calling a dead person ugly, or anything less than beautiful? Are they even going to bring that possibility up?
Or even that person, if it's not so easy to deny?
Likely not..unless to erase the trait with condescension when it's real.

If I ever do see these issues spoken about on any common forum or out in the world..they are only done so using a very specific rhetoric or language, one which the speaker often trips over constantly.

I know part of the reason it's trivialized and stuffed down, is because it's just that awful.
Even the word "ugly" or "unattractive" is something most don't want to willingly or openly identify as, even if they fit the bill.
(Much more objective than subjective, contrary to what some people like to spout.)
There is no community for those who suffer permanently. (And no swan moment.)
It's just that bad..and talking about it with any seriousness makes people VERY uncomfortable, I don't think it's about being able to relate much (unless in the case of a more privileged person or someone who might just happen to have their mind occupied by something else at the time).

I see people respond to unrelated posts with empathy and sympathy all the time, despite having no experiential clue about what the OP may be going through.
Even people who are merely "bored" with life get more sympathy and validation than someone dealing with an issue related to their unfortunate appearance.
It's diabolical if you ask me. Completely hypocritical and unacceptable.
I've seen members of this site be outright cruel and mocking of the issue, and without any repercussions..though they cause the person opening up to become so much more distraught and prone to silencing themselves for good.
It probably doesn't help that it can be thought of as an "incel probelm", which is a very simple and easy term to attach to anything that someone wants to gag and censor.
A scary buzzword that nobody wants to be associated with offering condolences toward, even though its main origin and certain definitions can be harmful to nobody but the one labeled.
It also does not help that the best known term for the overall prejudice is "Lookism", which just sounds silly to the ears.

I try to hold my tongue most of the time so as not to offend or make light of some other issues dealt with on here..I usually try very hard to put myself in another person's shoes even when I lack the mind or energy..but as much as a person may claim to "have it worse" than this problem..well, I can say I would gladly and willingly trade circumstances with many of the people who make such claims or allude to them.
And that's the truth.
If that bothers them to accept, then I guess they can't be reasoned with.
Most people dealing with serious appearance related issues already deal with other detriments on top of it anyhow, it comes with the territory.
So we are all pretty familiar with what we can handle and what we cannot, likely more than most.
At least, that's how it is for me.

It's sad that you have to warn OP of the impending reactions, but I don't exactly think you're wrong in doing so.
I've already become familiar with the phenomenon..although it's pretty jarring to see occur, even on a pro-choice suicide website.
I know of many members and others who choose to say nothing or who leave this place without ever having had the opportunity to open up..because once again, they do not feel welcome, or they get people jumping down their throats.
I've even seen many internalize the rejection of their problems to the point that they lose all coherence as they're trying too hard to let people know that they're "bad and vain" for worrying about this, as a preface to said worry. Sad.
Then on the other hand..I have had people suffering this tell me that they find MOST other issues complained about here to be trite & livable compared to what they deal with, but feel they cannot say it in the same way that others relentlessly say it to them.
So at the very least, it's mutual.
One side just gets more leniency than the other..par for the course.

To be the butt of the joke in so many ways, only for your suffering from that to also be taken as a joke…Jesus Christ.
That's pretty fucked.

I've said similar things before..made similar analogies..but another thing I've noticed and will never understand (or rather, appreciate) are those who come out of the woodwork to deride someone for a disadvantage, especially one on this scale.
I don't go into threads about homelessness and tell them:
"Hey buddy, you might think homelessness is your biggest problem, but I have a roof over my head and I still want to kill myself, in fact I hardly ever think about the fact that I have a home..soooo"-
Yet that's the nutty treatment and response unattractive people get when they complain.
Totally unsolicited too.
Wrong.

If you're starving, all you're going to think about is food.
If you're full and have food readily available, then starvation or the sensation of hunger is rarely, if ever, your concern.
And what I ultimately mean by this is..one can be starved of so much more than food.

(Btw sorry for using your comment to bump off of and go on tangents, I'm always doing that.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Rocinante
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I'm doing it right now with a guy at work who is always going in on my appearance. I'ma pay anyone who brings more negativity into my already fucked up life dust. Fuck em all.

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's weird because almost everyone complains or laments about their appearance at some point..even those who objectively have no real reason to are very capable of non-stop reassurance seeking and losing their minds if even one person gives them the impression that they might not look all that great.
(They don't even care if they obfuscate the pleas of those physically worse off, they're going to do it anyway…because even the very idea of it is haunting.)

You would think it would only be a matter of degree..in how much they're able to relate..how often they have had to think about this issue with distress..how much (and in what manner) they're willing to admit considering the topic is so ironically taboo, despite its ubiquitous and pervasive nature being all too obvious to anyone who inhabits the earth, or a body.
I raise an eyebrow to those who claim full distance from the topic is natural to them.
I find it incredibly disingenuous, and harmful to profess or force onto those who suffer on the worse side of the looks spectrum.
A suffering of which should never be blamed from coming from within, as it almost always begins and festers by the hand of outside sources and other people first.

(Not to mention, I don't think people realize that even the simple act of putting on an outfit and feeling good about what you see in the mirror, or fine that that's "you" when you walk out the door.. is something that's actually taken for granted compared to those who have to be at constant odds with their face, and/or body, the very thing they live in 24/7.
Even the little things can be painfully foreign to those who suffer without them.
And the reminders are EVERYWHERE.)

As far as those who try to downplay this issue or state their ascension beyond it..
I've known too many people IRL who say one thing, then act or or say the complete opposite..or undermine their position somehow. Every time.
Even on this site..I once had someone do a multi quote..where they drowned me in empty platitudes and meaningless drivel about what I live with (after I poured my heart out), when they have never lived it themselves…only to blatantly and shamelessly fall all over and compliment another poster with an attractive profile picture..in the very same comment they were quoting me.
At first I thought they must be fucking with me..but no, they thought what they were doing was perfectly normal and not a slap in the face.
It would have been pretty good satire, if it wasn't my reality.

So many people have killed themselves over the flesh prison they've been stuck in..for one reason or another.
People don't do that at the rate it's done unless there is a very serious problem with the emphasis put on appearances, both overt and covert. Inherently and with social constructs.
But I also don't think such reasons are publicized as much as others-not plainly, not apart from the beautiful or famous- because again, the taboo, the "hush hush" and the shame of the person who perhaps kept their mouth shut before offing themselves.
And are most people going to risk calling a dead person ugly, or anything less than beautiful? Are they even going to bring that possibility up?
Or even that person, if it's not so easy to deny?
Likely not..unless to erase the trait with condescension when it's real.

If I ever do see these issues spoken about on any common forum or out in the world..they are only done so using a very specific rhetoric or language, one which the speaker often trips over constantly.

I know part of the reason it's trivialized and stuffed down, is because it's just that awful.
Even the word "ugly" or "unattractive" is something most don't want to willingly or openly identify as, even if they fit the bill.
(Much more objective than subjective, contrary to what some people like to spout.)
There is no community for those who suffer permanently. (And no swan moment.)
It's just that bad..and talking about it with any seriousness makes people VERY uncomfortable, I don't think it's about being able to relate much (unless in the case of a more privileged person or someone who might just happen to have their mind occupied by something else at the time).

I see people respond to unrelated posts with empathy and sympathy all the time, despite having no experiential clue about what the OP may be going through.
Even people who are merely "bored" with life get more sympathy and validation than someone dealing with an issue related to their unfortunate appearance.
It's diabolical if you ask me. Completely hypocritical and unacceptable.
I've seen members of this site be outright cruel and mocking of the issue, and without any repercussions..though they cause the person opening up to become so much more distraught and prone to silencing themselves for good.
It probably doesn't help that it can be thought of as an "incel probelm", which is a very simple and easy term to attach to anything that someone wants to gag and censor.
A scary buzzword that nobody wants to be associated with offering condolences toward, even though its main origin and certain definitions can be harmful to nobody but the one labeled.
It also does not help that the best known term for the overall prejudice is "Lookism", which just sounds silly to the ears.

I try to hold my tongue most of the time so as not to offend or make light of some other issues dealt with on here..I usually try very hard to put myself in another person's shoes even when I lack the mind or energy..but as much as a person may claim to "have it worse" than this problem..well, I can say I would gladly and willingly trade circumstances with many of the people who make such claims or allude to them.
And that's the truth.
If that bothers them to accept, then I guess they can't be reasoned with.
Most people dealing with serious appearance related issues already deal with other detriments on top of it anyhow, it comes with the territory.
So we are all pretty familiar with what we can handle and what we cannot, likely more than most.
At least, that's how it is for me.

It's sad that you have to warn OP of the impending reactions, but I don't exactly think you're wrong in doing so.
I've already become familiar with the phenomenon..although it's pretty jarring to see occur, even on a pro-choice suicide website.
I know of many members and others who choose to say nothing or who leave this place without ever having had the opportunity to open up..because once again, they do not feel welcome, or they get people jumping down their throats.
I've even seen many internalize the rejection of their problems to the point that they lose all coherence as they're trying too hard to let people know that they're "bad and vain" for worrying about this, as a preface to said worry. Sad.
Then on the other hand..I have had people suffering this tell me that they find MOST other issues complained about here to be trite & livable compared to what they deal with, but feel they cannot say it in the same way that others relentlessly say it to them.
So at the very least, it's mutual.
One side just gets more leniency than the other..par for the course.

To be the butt of the joke in so many ways, only for your suffering from that to also be taken as a joke…Jesus Christ.
That's pretty fucked.

I've said similar things before..made similar analogies..but another thing I've noticed and will never understand (or rather, appreciate) are those who come out of the woodwork to deride someone for a disadvantage, especially one on this scale.
I don't go into threads about homelessness and tell them:
"Hey buddy, you might think homelessness is your biggest problem, but I have a roof over my head and I still want to kill myself, in fact I hardly ever think about the fact that I have a home..soooo"-
Yet that's the nutty treatment and response unattractive people get when they complain.
Totally unsolicited too.
Wrong.

If you're starving, all you're going to think about is food.
If you're full and have food readily available, then starvation or the sensation of hunger is rarely, if ever, your concern.
And what I ultimately mean by this is..one can be starved of so much more than food.

(Btw sorry for using your comment to bump off of and go on tangents, I'm always doing that.)

I agree with so much of what you are saying and no need to apologise- I like going off on tangents.

Ironically though, some of what you say makes me think of why perhaps some people are less than tolerant of this issue. I'll try and demonstrate this by using another example:

I'm overweight. I have been most of my life- yes- it's largely my own fault but it's still something I feel uncomfortable about. (I have been more bothered by it in the past and lost 5 stone at one point- only to put it back on again.) Anyway- it's a common concern I would say. I know someone who is perhaps even slightly less than a healthy weight. They are ALWAYS making comments about weight- because it clearly is so important to them. They'll point out people on the TV who are also a healthy weight and say they look fat. (I would gladly be that weight!) Now- to them- they are justified. It's something that REALLY bothers them and clearly plays around in their head continually. To me though- it's a trigger. It upsets me less than it did but it still makes me feel pretty shit.

I'd say similarly- as you seem to also- Many people ARE in fact in some way insecure about their looks. It's not to knock the OP or belittle their feelings but if they post a picture of themselves and to everyone else- they look perfectly fine- it CAN make everyone else feel embarassed because they may feel less attractive than the OP and the OP is saying how ugly they are. I want to repeat- I'm NOT questioning or trying to belittle what the OP feels. I'm just trying to say- maybe that's part of why people seem less sympathetic to these posts- because it makes them feel shame themselves.

Of course- we really OUGHT to be sympathetic- no matter the reason. If the OP seems like they might want to recover- then constructive advice seems appropriate- just like it would with anything someone is going through. This ought to be done sensitively though. If it's a REAL problem to that person- it shouldn't be mocked by anyone.

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
No.

T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
Would you like the same done to you?
That's what I ask myself is if I've done everything I can to get this person to see how and why they've hurt me or others and gave them an opportunity to see a different perspective besides their own. The older I get the more I think youre better off with less people in your life. There's no such thing as "forgiveness people just have short memories."

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
If you've talked to them about this issue, and told them that you might ghost them if this continues, then that's fine. If not, then no, that's how you give people turst issues. Since some people might not be doing these things on purpose, or with the intention of harm. Or if u're in a romantic relationship that's fine too since we live in a fucked up world. Ghosting lovers for no reason is more of a thing than ghosting friends for no reason.

Reactions: Rocinante and Celerity
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I avoid ghosting people. Instead, I write a «final good bye» text or email to the said person, explaining in detail what they did to me was wrong, how they can improve and what they should get help with. Then I give a proper good bye at the end of it.

Reactions: Rocinante and Csmith8827
Rocinante

Rocinante

Aug 26, 2022
Would you like the same done to you?
Ghosting lovers for no reason is more of a thing than ghosting friends for no reason.
I avoid ghosting people. Instead, I write a «final good bye» text or email to the said person, explaining in detail what they did to me was wrong, how they can improve and what they should get help with. Then I give a proper good bye at the end of it.
You're right, I'm sorry for asking this question. I would have no one else to turn to if I did so. Now I know I'm more of a loser for thinking of doing this. At the end of the day, I have nobody to hate but myself. I can't project that on other people, however much they anger me or are in the wrong. It's my nature to be mocked and ridiculed.

T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
I've done that myself but you have to keep in mind some people are malicious and if they can read they have definitely lost you they can try to harm you.