• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Its very unlikely that it gets better in the future, especially if you have physical and mental issues. Then it actually can become worse. For example worsening eyesight, and a worsening hearing ability as you age. Your health will generally decline as you become older, so it doesnt get better. And there is no guarantee for financial stability or even wealth in the future. There is absolutely no guarantee for a better future, it is likely your future will be actually worse. Especially if youre autistic like me, or generally chronical ill, or disabled. And im so tired of life, but i cant die already, im only 20. Besides my dog would miss me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, omoidarui, CFLoser and 13 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I've already concluded that there's really no point in even trying anymore for that very reason. What would I have to gain by waiting for it to "get better?" I'll be old by then and my young years have already been a disaster. What could I possibly have to look forward to?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: hatelife, pthnrdnojvsc, Baskol1 and 4 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
^
Unfortunately I feel like you but at 20 I think it's a different story

Reactions: Numbtopain97, Baskol1 and Wayfaerer
irregularheartbeat

irregularheartbeat

Memento Mori
Aug 25, 2019
Ive been struggling with the same conclusion. Im 21, so I'd love for things to fet better. However if my first 21 years have been filled with nothing but illness, trauma, and debt what will make the next 80 or so any different? The thought of going through more trauma or struggle is so overwhelming.
I wish there were a third option.

• Hugs
Reactions: ralphnol, Numbtopain97, deflagrat and 1 other person
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I don't know what does it mean by getting better anymore.
Does better mean living normally like others do ?

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, ralphnol, Numbtopain97 and 1 other person
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
^
Unfortunately I feel like you but at 20 I think it's a different story
I'm already nearing 30 and the problems I would need fixed won't be around for a decade or two at best. I'll always lament my lost years. First it was my teens, and then it became my 20's. I can see a pattern here.

Last edited:
Reactions: hatelife, ralphnol, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
I

iiii5555

Student
Sep 12, 2018
I used to think that that was a irrevocable truth, however, my older sister - someone that suffered from major depression and crippling anxiety her whole life - is now doing quite alright. She's getting better and better, in fact, and she was the absolute most dysfunctional human being i knew. But that change didn't happen over night; she struggled fiercely to get better, never giving up on her resolution to do so. So, in conclusion, i think that, after an certain age, if you focus on your happiness and avoid negativity, you can achieve your goals. Bear in mind: effort always brings results if you apply it for long enough - the universe ISN"T conspiring agaisn't you.

Reactions: Numbtopain97 and Baskol1

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I know I may be delusional here but I see it this way. A lot of people attribute personal success to willpower/courage/resolve/determination/whatever that was conjured by a free will of that person, while being unaware of the universe "pushing" individuals towards a certain outcome, and cannot understand that some people are truly better off dead. I don't know if it would get better, because I don't know everything, and how everything interacts with itself. I do feel how envy and indignation guide me to a better future (method practicing). How recognized variables and learned behavior affect my decision making process...
Regardless of the likelihood of things to get better, I think it's important to have a reliable way out in cases of emergency. It's like having a pension, or retreat plan, or safety belt. I guess it won't hurt to be prepared.

@TheDragonoid
"She did that, so can you." Who knows? I believe that everyone wants to get better, but not everyone can afford getting better, so not everyone is getting better as a result. Why would people prefer to suffer? Is that because they want to? Was it their choice? Why would someone who doesn't want to suffer choose suffering? Doesn't quite add up to me. Just because the universe isn't deliberately trying to make a person suffer doesn't mean that it definitely won't.

Reactions: Baskol1 and irrelevant_string
Tegan_sky

Tegan_sky

losing hope
Aug 16, 2019
I've been back and forth my whole life, things being bad, getting better, getting bad again...getting better for a while. I am 40 years older than you, Baskol1, but at your age I was suicidal, at least once I was 22 anyway. Things got better for a couple of years right after I quit using controlled substances, then I got depressed in recovery in my late 20's again. Was admitted on a 72 hour hold at the county psych hospital at 32 years old after I had called them repeatedly telling them I was going to put my head in my gas oven. Went on meds. Things looked up for almost all of the rest of my 30's. Although I attribute a lot of that was my hormones/biological clock giving me a boost. at 42 things started getting depressed and stayed that way until age 46 when I was diagnosed bipolar and put on a mood stabilizer. Then 4 good years till 50 years old, (2010) and man, when menopause hit me it knocked me into suicidal depression. Things have never been the same since. At 60, health issues, more depressions, I see how much back and forth I have had for many years. I feel too old and tired from it all sometimes. Too old to have hope. At least in my 20's, 30's, even my 40's, I still felt that I had enough years of life ahead of me to have hope. Now being this old? Considering the depressions have been so prevalent since 2010, IS there any hope? Just thinking out loud maybe, thanks for asking the question that started this discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Peabody, pthnrdnojvsc, Tabbyql and 2 others
Lucet

Lucet

In Echoes Forever
Aug 26, 2019
There is a chance that things get better, but at the same time, like most things - nothing is GUARANTEED!

I think it's less of a question of "will things ever get better?" and more-so "How long are you willing to suffer and fight for things to have a CHANCE, at getting better?"

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, OnlyMercy, Beautifulletdown and 4 others
ralphnol

ralphnol

Aug 25, 2019
it seems to me that even if I was to overcome all my personal problems, that the world itself is crumbling down. Even if I try to stay afloat, financially speaking. It seems that for the common man, the opportunities are closing down.. and money. It seems that when I wake up every day now I´ll be met with no more money. There are problems like people being replaced by robots, concentration of money and markets in corporations (that leaves less and less space for a regular joe to set up a business - and if you are a regular joe, you better plan some type of business (even freelance) sometime or ELSE!!!!) and many more problems, that seem like we are running through an ever diminishing corridor, just trying to stay afloat. Not that I have money or anything now, but it seems we´ll have less and less...

that means we cant have a future - we cant plan, cant hold down or try to hold down a family - if you want one - or even pets. You cant even plan yourself to keep eating. Even if I got a job tomorrow. Will it provide for me, 5 years from now, 10 years from now?

So... it seems it is all very bleak.

And thats even considering no emotional problems, diseases etc...

Reactions: Mr. Peabody, Baskol1 and Lucet
Lucet

Lucet

In Echoes Forever
Aug 26, 2019
it seems to me that even if I was to overcome all my personal problems, that the world itself is crumbling down. Even if I try to stay afloat, financially speaking. It seems that for the common man, the opportunities are closing down.. and money. It seems that when I wake up every day now I´ll be met with no more money. There are problems like people being replaced by robots, concentration of money and markets in corporations (that leaves less and less space for a regular joe to set up a business - and if you are a regular joe, you better plan some type of business (even freelance) sometime or ELSE!!!!) and many more problems, that seem like we are running through an ever diminishing corridor, just trying to stay afloat. Not that I have money or anything now, but it seems we´ll have less and less...

that means we cant have a future - we cant plan, cant hold down or try to hold down a family - if you want one - or even pets. You cant even plan yourself to keep eating. Even if I got a job tomorrow. Will it provide for me, 5 years from now, 10 years from now?

So... it seems it is all very bleak.

And thats even considering no emotional problems, diseases etc...

Exactly this. Maybe perhaps we're just looking at things with downcast eyes, but from the way I see it right now, society as a whole is in a decline - and it doesn't seem like things are getting better. Hell, I don't even feel like we've hit our negative PEAK as of yet.

I feel like as much as people gas up the importance of mental health, having hope, etc etc, many of them know deep down inside that there is a root cause festering within our society that is playing a large role in making this life unbearable for many. There is just so much instability and inconsistency, amoung many other flaws in this reality that this chaos entirely is like a disease effecting everyone, one way or another.

Reactions: Mr. Peabody, ralphnol and Baskol1