chococat

chococat

May 9, 2023
"Don't CTB because your family will be sad!"
"CTB is selfish."
"Think of how hurt your loved ones will be when you pass."

This bullshit gets regurgitated time and time again by self-centred people who can't handle the fact that their neglect, abuse, what have you, may result in someone's death.

I've been told "B-but if you CTB your loved ones will constantly be thinking 'What if…' with no answers!" "People will think they could've saved you and that they didn't do enough to help!"

Cry me a fucking river. They should have and could have done more to help. I'm not expecting anyone to be Superman and cure all my mental illnesses, but human decency and empathy should have been shown.

Welcome to the real world, assholes. Actions (and lack there of) have consequences.

• Love
Reactions: rei71, Forever Sleep, CentreMid and 3 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Yes, true. People in a rational state of mind do take into account those left behind - and hopefully in a reasonably accurate way. Still, it's not a lifestyle to survive long-term in suffering just to avoid impacting others.

Reactions: limerance1, chococat and squirley
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
at this moment when all options are exhausted and incapacitation interferes with quality of life. sure

Reactions: chococat and squirley
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I don't want to blame anyone for my eventual ctb, I just want to be dead and be done with it. It's certainly annoying when people repeat the mindless pro-life drivel as if it's relevant. Ctb is definitely not selfish and it's the act of procreation that is, do I even need to explain why. I hope you're treated better in the future and that you get what you wish for.

Reactions: chococat
chococat

chococat

May 9, 2023
I don't want to blame anyone for my eventual ctb, I just want to be dead and be done with it. It's certainly annoying when people repeat the mindless pro-life drivel as if it's relevant. Ctb is definitely not selfish and it's the act of procreation that is, do I even need to explain why. I hope you're treated better in the future and that you get what you wish for.
I hope that you're treated better and get everything you wish for, too. Thank you.

Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
It's unreasonable and unrealistic to guard others' emotions since they could still grieve over your death regardless of cause. I think the two best ways to mitigate and prevent grief is adopting a death positive attitude and abstaining from procreation. Being death positive means exploring mortality in an indepth manner, instead of constantly sweeping it under the rug. It involves open and honest communication about death, the acceptance of death, and the active, thorough preparation for one's own demise. This attitude can also be applied to coming to terms with human extinction.

Refusing to reproduce prevents the suffering of grieving over the potential offspring's passing, and most importantly, avoids subjecting them to death altogether. And no, anticipating your demise before your progeny's is a cheap, impractical, and incredibly selfish way of dealing with your mortality. That goes for expecting and demanding your offspring to handle your affairs when enfeebled and after death. In both cases, it's just dumping the immeasurable burden onto an innocent person's back.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: chococat, yive and Forever Sleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those people completely lack any compassion for the suffering that other people go through, if people refuse to accept suicide as a valid option they automatically lack any compassion and are severely deluded. Trying to make somebody a prisoner to this existence and a slave to their suffering is inhumane and unacceptable, just because some selfish people decided to procreate doesn't mean that anybody is forced to delay the inevitable, suicide is a human right.

• Love
Reactions: chococat and Rogue Proxy