N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
The whole thing is so perverted. The videogame industry is the perfect example. Gacha games which exploit low impulse control make the highest profit. While other games created with dedication make way less money. I hate that it looks like the future is only digital games. I hate that because buying used games saves so much money. Just because the people are too lazy to reject the disc. For me that is insane.

The metaverse or NFTs are other perfect examples. Well if this is the future then I will dislike it very much. I am usually in favor of new and better technologies but some trends sound horrendous.

It is very hard to earn your living by writing books or when you create poets or stuff like that. But wait when the shit is digital and you use artificial scarcity the sheep will be willed to pay ridiculous amounts. Fashion labels like supreme use that to make a fortune it is so stupid and the people fall for it.

I am not sure whether this is internationally known. But I think there once was an app in a play store which costed like 999,99 dollars and the sole function of the app was showing a diamond and complimenting you for being rich. Okay I made a short research and the app was called "I am Rich" there is an English wikipedia page about it. Seemingly 8 people bought it. Humans are so foolish.

Honest and hard work is often not paid well. We don't live in meritocracies that is wishful thinking. The most greedy and insidious people win way too often.

Last edited:
Reactions: VioletNight, Passersby and katagiri83
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Money itself is worthless. Its value is agreed upon among the international elite, and it exists as a form of control. You are not supposed to get back the amount you paid for something when you attempt to sell that something right then and there. It's not about the cost of business. I know some small business owners who have only survived by becoming sharks. Markups start from 400% and go up to thousands. To avoid being raped by the tax man at every corner, one has to get inventive. That goes for consumer electronics and such, games are a bit different type of dirty business.

For mere mortals, money is being "rationed" to keep them in the loop and circling the drain until they become useless. Money also has to feel cheap enough to make people spend it on trash. They turned gold and silver into paper, and it is apparently not cheap enough. Cashless society with digital currency and pieces of plastic is the future. When you don't see how much you spend, you keep doing it. They are also working on a "social credit score" where the value of money depends on the individual. While someone's ten bucks may still have the universal purchasing power, they may not be able to spend it if their obedience level is below the threshold.