Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
Just a couple hours ago more than 150 innocent young people died in a stampede in Seoul. These people just wanted to go out and have some fun after lockdown.

This is just one, isolated example of how unpredictable life is and how easily it can turn sour in a matter of moments.

There is absolutely nothing guaranteed here. This forum is full of people, including myself, whose life was ruined because of one stupid unpredictable mishap. Wrong diagnosis, harmful medical procedures including surgeries and vaccines, random infections, random car accidents. Our parents randomly meeting in a club/bar and conceiving us.

Screw it. I hate the unpredictability of this world. There should be some guarantees, but there are not any. Except of death, luckily.

Reactions: noname123, Élégie, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 3 others
gomenasai

gomenasai

Student
Sep 30, 2022
Yes, that's right. A life can be destroyed in a matter of seconds. Almost everything in this life is random, there is actually very little of what we can control. Death awaits us all and that to me is the only comforting thing about life.

Reactions: ksp, Élégie, chundryshire and 3 others
S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
Whether it's called luck or coincidence, chance plays a large part in what happens. There is cause and effect, but a lot of what affects us is out of our control. It's scary to be so powerless. There's this thing called moral luck as well. Two people can break the same law/rule, but depending on what happens or who is involved, they can either suffer different or no consequences. Some drunk drivers get home safely without anyone getting involved or hurt for example. Worse yet is that anyone who has ever done something wrong would likely not have made the mistake if they actually knew what they were doing. One action can change a life forever. Many times, this is because others can't forget or forgive.

It's often the things we do that haunt us. To quote a song, "There ain't no second chances in a world of circumstances. No, in this life, you don't get no next go 'round."

I know it does no good. It means nothing. A man can ask "what if?" right back to the creation of the universe. Regrets and wishes change nothing. If we're lucky, then we can move forward in life and let sleeping dogs lie and the past remain dead.

Reactions: croctears, Per Ardua Ad Astra, leeloosnow and 1 other person
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
Whether it's called luck or coincidence, chance plays a large part in what happens. There is cause and effect, but a lot of what affects us is out of our control. It's scary to be so powerless. There's this thing called moral luck as well. Two people can break the same law/rule, but depending on what happens or who is involved, they can either suffer different or no consequences. Some drunk drivers get home safely without anyone getting involved or hurt for example. Worse yet is that anyone who has ever done something wrong would likely not have made the mistake if they actually knew what they were doing. One action can change a life forever. Many times, this is because others can't forget or forgive.

It's often the things we do that haunt us. To quote a song, "There ain't no second chances in a world of circumstances. No, in this life, you don't get no next go 'round."

I know it does no good. It means nothing. A man can ask "what if?" right back to the creation of the universe. Regrets and wishes change nothing. If we're lucky, then we can move forward in life and let sleeping dogs lie and the past remain dead.
Very nice post. If you think about it, everything is out of our control. We have an illusion of free will. Everything is controlled by our personality, genes, immediate circumstances, other people, randomness generally... and all these things are out of our control.

Reactions: Élégie, Per Ardua Ad Astra, makethepainstop and 2 others
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
When you realize you barely have control in your life, i think the ctb will be the only thing someone can control. With a pinch of luck in afterlife you can be something superior to a mere human.

Reactions: noname123, makethepainstop and Cryptonite
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do believe the concept of life with all the unfairness and how everything is determined by random factors to be a terrible thing. Life is certainly very unpredictable with no limit as to how awful things could get for us. At any moment things could get much worse. There is far too much unnecessary suffering and cruelty in this world and nobody can deny this fact. The way that life is, does mean that the thought of death is very appealing but of course it would be for the best to have never existed at all.

Reactions: gomenasai and Cryptonite