N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I think many people here had this thought. Wanting to commit suicide to protest, to demonstrate something. to make an impact, to change the world etc. Not seldom this backfires I think.

I had this thought. I kind of humiliated myself in front of my crush at college. I feel so much shame that I would like to kill myself because of that. But solely for this reason it would not be worth it. Moreover these people would forget me pretty quickly. She would not see the pain I felt of being seen as insane. She would rather think of it well he is insane which else would you expect of them.
People often don't see the rationality of suicide as it is explained in this famous youtube suicide lecture video. They prefer to call it irrational and to label it as an action of insane people. Like a former therapist of mine did.

Due to the fact one cannot really influence how one's suicide is perceived or what happens afterwards this won't be one of my reaons for my suicide. There is often self-immolation used for a political suicides. There was a trans-person that self-immolated in the capital of my country. She wanted to protest against the insane pain she had to go through because of the discrimination. People filmed her death, made fun of it on social media and right-wing politicians used it for jokes and to agitate against trans-people. Moreover the pain would not be worth it for me just to make a point about something. But this is an individual consideration.

Furthermore I have the feeling suicide as a form of revenge does not work. Or suicide so that other people have it easier without them.
To the prior one. I also had the feeling what if I killed myself because of or in front of my past bullies. But I think they would not give a fuck. These people were pretty evil with no conscience. They might would make fun of my death. I think evil people could pretty easily fade out their actions, responsibility and guilt. Or very ignorant people too.

I also have the feeling suicides often get instrumentalized for example to make a point on politics or in debates. People have no shame in using suicide as a topic to score points in arguments. There are just so many ignorant people who share their opinion on someone's suicide without knowing anything about it. People only see the surface. The person must have been weak, irrational, desperate with no clear mind. People will take the narrative with which they can sleep the best. People don't care about the truth or roots of someone's actions. People want to see whatever they want. And if I am dead I cannot even express my disagreement with that.

This is why I making a certain specific impact or giving my death meaning is not really a point on my list why I want to die.

• Informative
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
My death wouldn't make an impact on anything, or even anyone, for that matter. At this stage, making some statement is the furthest thing from my mind anyway.