cowboypants

cowboypants

From milkyway
May 7, 2024
I don't have the drive to amass financial or social success but I feel hopeless when I look at someone successful around my age. People are in relationships, moving out of their parents home etc.

I can't help but see if there's a tiny bit of hope for me. But it truly pains me that no one can help us but ourselves. I feel mad and sad about it.

Taking myself out feels so easy but hard mentally. I want to be in a relationship live a good life. I can't fathom imagine working but I just want to be a house husband. It will still be hard as I have a paranoid and anxious brain. God šŸ˜­

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lifteddream, LoiteringClouds, Praestat_Mori and 9 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I hate it but I'm so inured to it at the same time.

Do you think finding a relationship or moving out are achievable? In absolute terms those aren't extraordinary things, rather pretty mundane. Would it help to focus on just the initial steps?

Reactions: Philipp_MainlƤnder1, cowboypants and Deleted member 65988
cowboypants

cowboypants

From milkyway
May 7, 2024
I was thinking this was the year to move out as was it two years before but my anxiety is too high, man. I did one interview half-assedly. Interviewer was nice and complimented me, but she told me to study well and get a better job than a customer care one. I stopped applying after sensing my disinterest, that was in Feb.

Going to job in these overcrowded cities feels depressing af and there are multiple public projects that cause traffic and the damn heat (I'm from India)

I really feel tired, I pushed on this long. But I didn't achieve much either than just surviving which is great but

It would have been great if I had escaped to a developed country, but my grades aren't well. I wish someone could rescue me, but I'm no Rapunzel

H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
I'm with u. I'm happy for them, but they don't the struggle we go through. I just hope they are grateful

Reactions: CouldaHvBeenARock and cowboypants
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
Success in this life is nothing more than luck. It's very much like the lottery. A lot of people play, but so very few actually win. Mostly because, like the lottery, the game is rigged against us.

Reactions: Relic and Praestat_Mori
C

cosmic-freedom

Student
Mar 18, 2024
Success in this life is nothing more than luck. It's very much like the lottery. A lot of people play, but so very few actually win. Mostly because, like the lottery, the game is rigged against us.
And we are told that if we don't win,it's our fault for not being smart enough,"hard-working" enough.Your chances of success depend on where you are born and whom you are born to.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage and jbear824
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
Look at how many people who are rich and in relationships kill themselves. I could name dozens that i know of.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage and DeIetedUser4739
InSearchOfLess

InSearchOfLess

Alis volat propriis
Feb 22, 2023
Why, you think success is a cure for suicidal tendencies, my dad is an electrical and mechanical engineer having also served in the marine corps is now in a wheelchair unable to enjoy his motorcycle because of diabetes, as for myself I'm in still in my 20s am currently making 50k a year at my job this one I got without nepotism I don't stress about bills or food and just this last week I bought an Xbox for my older sister of 6 siblings we sat and enjoyed watching her kid play and had a fun time. Although I am gainfully employed with a loving family none of that is a determining factor for my suicidal thoughts as they still persist.

Reactions: Relic and lkjhgfdsa1
ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
I don't mind the future as long as it ends with a relatively quick and painless ctb

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
"Success" is also sth that is a very subjective feeling and this is very personal. I would not compare myself with what the avg people define as "success" - like moving out, marrying, generating kids and so ... imo that isn't real success i life for me ... but again it's subjective! Don't be too hard to yourself in this regards. Depending on our age success is als sth different and can change what u really think is success or not.

That's pretty much me and you're right "luck" is everything in life - without the little bit of luck there's no success with anything. I measure my personal success how financially powerful I am. That's why I lost in life after a big failure in life. It's subjective but it's killing me.

Last edited: