nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
i really didn't think it would be possible to feel better but i am slowly starting to see changes, especially in the way i perceive the world around me. i've come to a realization that negative mindset is a choice just as positive thinking is. acknowledging that i have been able to fear the future less and forgive myself for past mistakes and live in the present moment, focusing on what i have to do today to feel okay, not worrying about the events of tomorrow.

all it took for me was a bit of gratitude. it's silly but i always tell myself i'm grateful i was born in this century. not during the plague or trapped in the midst of war. gratitude practice goes a long way and i recommend acknowledging your gratitudes in some form every day to minimize that feeling of emptiness. gratitude helps me with that feeling of missing something but not knowing what- the "void".

i feel like whoever is pursuing recovery shouldn't engage in the content here because i've realized using this website is only keeping me trapped in a pessimistic cycle. i still find a lot of comfort in knowing i can take my life if i don't achieve my ideal so i'll still browse for now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Toobrokentofix, Unbearable97, cryone and 17 others
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
I agree with your note about gratitude. We are not always going to feel good either and sometimes it's hard to manifest the kind of gratitude and positive thinking that helped us before. Even so, I think it is really useful to (in the interest of staying alive) practice self-gratitude and present-moment awareness while we have our good moods. That way, we are a little more prepared for when our mood naturally fluctuates. Cheers.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, tiger b and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I wish you all the best. Good luck!

• Hugs
Reactions: haibane, Kit1 and inaminute
T

the old man

Student
Dec 23, 2023
I really glad for you that you are feeling better and seeing positive Improvements in your life I would wish that for everyone but at the same time there are many people on here that find comfort from talking with other people who can associate and relate to others that feel the same as they do, in some cases that may be just the help they need to realise they are not alone in this world and therefore in some way go towards helping them escape from the feeling of isolation and loneliness they may have.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and tiger b
PaunPaun

PaunPaun

Social anxiety has ruined my life
Dec 31, 2023
Awesome , i can only wish you the best !

• Hugs
almaPerdida

almaPerdida

"Oh God, I’m so depressed." - Marvin
Nov 24, 2023
Good luck, i wish you the best. One thing that helped me is plans i had, like the course i wanna take and the job i wanna have. Making plans and trying out new fun stuff too. There's a lot to explore, learn and do. Doing new things is really refreshing.

• Hugs
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Gratitude sounds good...

Go for it, sounds like you've made a great start. I wish you all the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
That really is a good place to be. Wishing you all the best for 2024 to be the year where you find true happiness, good health, peace of mind and contentment. Good Luck and best wishes.