supergip

supergip

A strange person.
May 13, 2023
A few months ago I said I was afraid of being forgotten, not dying.

3 weeks ago I have been isolating myself from the world, both socially and virtually, I stopped using most of the apps that track, deleted several accounts, even my photos I erased.
Currently I am much better with this fear, and realize that even alive nobody remembers the others, imagine dead.

I don't know if you've ever heard of Diogenes the Cynic. Several times he was seen asking for things for a statue. When someone asked why he did that, he said, "I'm training to be ignored by society."

I think I'm doing a bit of that in modern times.
It's good to see the world, but the world doesn't see you.

Reactions: Nlis2244, real human being, tiger b and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm isolating too.
Sasu is the only account I have now.
I remember thinking about how we are forgotten and it reminded me of my great grandfather.
I know very little about him, except that he was a miner, and that's it. It's as though he never really existed.
It's true that we are mostly invisible to others, yet they are probably thinking the same about us too.

Reactions: tiger b
real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
even alive nobody remembers the others, imagine dead.
That's probably true isn't it. Everybody is focused on themselves most of the time. Even while we are alive we are hardly remembered or have much significance in the hearts of other people. When we die, it doesn't take long for people to completely forget about us. Maybe we'll come up in a few conversations here and there, but eventually that will end as well, as everybody who knows us dies in due time, and we'll be truly forgotten by the world.

Reactions: LonelyKitten and WAITING TO DIE
ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
Social media and such are a curse. I wish I didn't have to have it for my field of work. All I wish for is to be forgotten. I'm glad you're starting to be able to escape the rat wheel of always being "online".

Reactions: LonelyKitten and WAITING TO DIE
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
Disconnecting from social media can be really liberating and is honestly a good idea. I'm glad you're still on ss tho :)

• Hugs
Reactions: supergip