JuzoXIII

JuzoXIII

Lone Ranger
Jul 18, 2019
I have a bad habit of pushing people away. I don't know why. Sigh. And it makes me feel worse because they won't comeback. And i blame myself even further. I just feel sonalone and it's my own fault. Why can't i just know what's going on? I'm tired of just feeling empty and i don't know. I'm just sad and depressed and I'm nit helping myself. I don't know. I'm just so alone. I feel so alone. And I think it's my fault.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Bluedew, Xaphous and 5 others
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
Are you pushing people away because you think you'll hurt them and you're trying to protect them, or are you pushing them away because you just don't like people?

I have seen both types, I'm a little bit of both. I like being private and alone and having people around is disruptive. But I also see that I'm self destructive so I try and push the people I care about away so then don't get hurt when I collapse.

Maybe you have other reasons, might have to put some thought into why you do it before you can figure out how to fix it. It might even be that people you've pushed away will come back to you once you figured out why you pushed them away in the first place and contact them again.

I hope it helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: oopswronglife, Rose, LifeIsACurse and 2 others
S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
Certain forms of depression just seem to naturally push people away unconsciously.

Reactions: Bluedew, oopswronglife, Rose and 1 other person
Rose

Rose

ad finitum
Nov 11, 2018
I'm very similar- I think I push people away so I can't let them down or be hurt by them.
It's not exactly a conscious choice or anything, more like sudden urges & such. Though I'm always very paranoid & anxious about stuff going wrong, especially with relationships, which definitely factors into my general behavior.

Can't really give any meaningful advice, but hey. You're not alone in being alone.

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife and oopswronglife
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
It's NOT your fault. It's a normal defense mechanism to preempt the inevitable abandonment and feel some control. It's entirely normal. It's human. Everyone does it when threatened with loss and people in our shoes suffer that more than about any other. I cannot do anything but empathize and I am sorry for that.

Reactions: HGL91
cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
I push people away quite often as well. I'm not sure if it's because of my difficulties with trust or because I have a high standard for who I'm willing to put time and effort into. In any case I don't think it's anyone's fault per se, but more a result of different personalities interacting in ways that are influenced by many factors that are out of our control. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Reactions: HGL91 and Rose
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I push people away when I put in much more effort than they do, and I'm just thinking, screw them. Being alone sucks too though. :/

A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I have a bad habit of pushing people away. I don't know why. Sigh. And it makes me feel worse because they won't comeback. And i blame myself even further. I just feel sonalone and it's my own fault. Why can't i just know what's going on? I'm tired of just feeling empty and i don't know. I'm just sad and depressed and I'm nit helping myself. I don't know. I'm just so alone. I feel so alone. And I think it's my fault.

I pushed my partner away and all my friends because I was a failure in life. I could never live up to their standards and levels of success. I isolated myself and he eventually left me for someone else. I have only myself to blame. I have been suicidal ever since this happened. I was told I should be mad at him but I can't. I am the bad person in the situation.

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
I've been isolated many years of my life, never knew how to break it. I might be going back to college soon at the old age of 29 because there are literally no jobs, shuddering at the thought of it because I become so tense in a social environment.

A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I push people away because I know that sooner or later I will hurt them. I cant help it, especially when they start to see my true self.
having no real attachments is the only way for me, superficials/disposable "friends" only for the greater part of my life, and totally alone/isolated for more than a year now