conveniently_dead

conveniently_dead

May 31, 2019
We have a very low amount of bodily autonomy. You can be involuntarily hospilized, forced to take medications, don't have the right to die peacefully and have to work to receive basic necessities like food and shelter.

We don't choose to be born, cultural norms dictate what we are supposed to think/feel and how we behave. Culture does not have your best interest at heart, neither does your government. Everything is designed to keep people compliant and producing.

Reactions: Hollowman, Sprite_Geist, Unending and 12 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021

Reactions: doormat25, sserafim, Zegers and 1 other person
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
In this world you can only be "free" if you have enough health/resources but it's not easy to get out of the rathole and even if you do you can get sick at any time, problems, so you are not completely free

Reactions: Sprite_Geist, sserafim and Darkover
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Sometimes when I'm bored I like do to some research on psychology. Not for any reason, just for something to do. I read that the first 10 years of your life can dictate the next 70.

Kind, caring, and supportive parents? A good school? Great friends? Chances are you'll do fine.

Parents who don't care about you? A crappy school that can't accommodate for you? No social interaction for your entire childhood? Maybe your born with a disability to top it off.

Maybe things go great. Then something happens. Something traumatic that's no fault of your own. Some people recover. Some can't. Some people can have a shot childhood and push through. I think the majority don't.

I think it comes down to luck. I for example didn't control that I was born with autism or that everyone dismissed my problems. I could control how much I tried. I couldn't control if I got what I wanted .

There's some things you can control, but you can't control the results. When you don't get the results you try for, are you really truly in control? A little bit. I wish you could have more control though. I wish it wasn't down to so much damn luck. Some people have great luck, many bad luck. It's unfair but that's the world.

Reactions: Hollowman, TapeMachine, Zegers and 1 other person
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Kind, caring, and supportive parents? A good school? Great friends? Chances are you'll do fine.
And it's not always the case, i find it quite strange when i sometimes read that well-off people ctb more but i also read that poverty is a factor in depression and ctb, so maybe what prevents people of low resources from ctb is not having a reliable method.
Parents who don't care about you? A crappy school that can't accommodate for you? Maybe your born with a disability to top it off.
Story of my "life"

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Sprite_Geist
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I was born feeling endebted to unappreciative parents inconsiderate of my health suffering who's ignorance I only started to really question in my late twenties. Before that my whole life was a "oh no I'm poorly and can't get help so how will I make their lives better."
So for those with kids don't fuckin burden them more than they already are or it'll come back to bite you.

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Life is an obligation rather than a right according to the majority. Rights become quite useless when you can not waive them.

Reactions: sserafim, Sprite_Geist and Suicidе
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
Most of us are nothing more than a spin-off of our parents. A sequel to their existence. They spewed their DNA into us; laid our foundation (or lack thereof). We have no choice but to live with the brains and bodies they gave us.

Nothing about this life is "ours." We didn't choose a single thing about ourselves. We are solely the product of someone else's choices. Someone else's recipe.

Reactions: sserafim, Hollowman, conveniently_dead and 1 other person
Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
No, I'm a subject to it and its system, and time is what moving me around it, and as I move, I get consumed even more, eventually to absolute nothingness

Reactions: sserafim
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
We have a very low amount of bodily autonomy. You can be involuntarily hospilized, forced to take medications, don't have the right to die peacefully and have to work to receive basic necessities like food and shelter.

We don't choose to be born, cultural norms dictate what we are supposed to think/feel and how we behave. Culture does not have your best interest at heart, neither does your government. Everything is designed to keep people compliant and producing.

I agree with what you have posted.

Based on what you have said: life seems like a rented car. You need, not want, but need a car which is why you hired one; just as how survival instinct dictates life to be a necessity. You do not own the hired vehicle though, so you must pay for its use, in the same way that you must pay for the privilege of simply living since many cultures dictate that: "You are not owed a living". If you deliberately destroy the vehicle it will be taken away from you, and a bill can be issued, and perhaps even legal punishment will be given; just as how you will be taken away and incarcerated for attempting to take your own life.

...But why? Because it is considered both immoral, and illegal to damage property that is not yours - this includes the subscription-based body that you have. This is a service that not everybody wants, but what everybody must use.

This is probably not the most accurate analogy though.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Hollowman