N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am scared of this phenomenon. I do not want to blame me if I decide to ctb. I try to avoid any self-fulfilling prophecy. However it is ironical because i often talk about my suicidality. I have sometimes the feeling with bipolar my fate is sealed anyway. But I try to fight it. Sadly not with big success.
Have you ever experienced the phenomenon in relation to your illness/ suicidality?

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter2018, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I used to think that my fate was written and no matter what I did, I would end up the way I'm supposed to end.
However, I've realized that I can change my life whenever I want.
I've had years in which I had a decent amount of money, friends, girls and a good like while there were some others (like the last one, especially) in which my life was hell.
Now, it's some kind of 50/50. I'm way too bipolar but I don't think this is a profecy at all lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and noname223
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
Who knows? I wouldn't worry about that too much though. Just do what you think is best for you.

builtwrong

builtwrong

permanent solution to a permanent problem
Aug 24, 2020
Personally I don't believe in free will. I think thing that feel like choices are simply abstractions of what takes place in the brain. However, if you mean self fulfilling prophecy from a psychological standpoint, I'd imagine that plays a part in it. The more I assert my inability to maintain my life the less capable I'll be of it in the future, however that doesn't mean that my full capability is enough.

Reactions: Zzzzz
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
No because I was never meant to be born (Can be explained) so life is down to fate and self disision!

U

usernameforhere

Student
Nov 15, 2020
Personally I don't believe in free will. I think thing that feel like choices are simply abstractions of what takes place in the brain. However, if you mean self fulfilling prophecy from a psychological standpoint, I'd imagine that plays a part in it. The more I assert my inability to maintain my life the less capable I'll be of it in the future, however that doesn't mean that my full capability is enough.
I spent about a month considering determinism and free will and compatiblism.

idk if I came up with much. Some things definitely seem deterministic. I wonder if I just don't want to believe in determinism, but there's a lot of evidence.