E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I often wonder who I would be without my grief. My depression and anguish at my poor health define me and engulf me completely.

My grief is my castle, as the great Dane once wrote in Diapsalmata.

My grief is my castle, which like an eagle's nest is built high up on the mountain peaks among the clouds; nothing can storm it. From it I fly down into reality to seize my prey; but i do not remain down there, I bring it home with me, and this prey is a picture I weave into the tapestries of my palace. There I live as one dead. I immerse everything I have experienced in a baptism of forgetfulness unto an eternal remembrance. Everything finite and accidental is forgotten and erased. Then I sit like an old man, grey-haired and thoughtful, and explain the pictures in a voice as soft as a whisper; and at my side a child sits and listens, although he remembers everything before I tell it.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Morphinekiss and GoodPersonEffed
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Interesting thought. I have always felt this way. It is who I am.

It would be similar to asking a blind person what it is like to see... or a paralyzed person what it is like to walk.

If you never experienced it, you can't fathom what it is like.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Morphinekiss, Sensei and 1 other person
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
No. My grief is an army of darkness which tears down my once proud castle stone by stone. The keep has not yet been overrun, though.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Brick In The Wall, Morphinekiss and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't consider grief to be my castle, but more like torment and anguish. Grief is a byproduct or the consequence of my experiences in life, most oftenly negative ones.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and Brick In The Wall
notjustyetagain

notjustyetagain

Oct 28, 2019
i wish i had a castle of any sort. i'm the psychological equivalent of zero divided by zero.

• Aww..
Reactions: Epsilon0