Under U.S Law or in Europe?
Just wondering?

Reactions: Deutsch, lv-gras and Tiburcio
F

Fenrirsend

Student
Jul 15, 2018
Depends on what u do.

I mean it's all highly frowned upon but yes some of it is against the law in eu and us. Say talking bout a. Trafficking n is highly illegal n can lead to a lot of time.

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Depends on what u do.

I mean it's all highly frowned upon but yes some of it is against the law in eu and us. Say talking bout a. Trafficking n is highly illegal n can lead to a lot of time.

Oh, sure. But talking about it isn't, right?
Or giving info on suicide methods? On amazon books on these methods are sold openly, so it can't be illegal

Reactions: Deutsch, lv-gras, Tiburcio and 2 others
ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
No, but it can be construed as encouragement, which is illegal.

Reactions: Deutsch, FullFat, Tiburcio and 2 others
M

musicislife

Student
Jun 15, 2018
I'd say the suicide partner thread borders on illegal activity but don't know about actively openly discussing methods - N it's available in the PPH and that isn't illegal - actively encouraging anyone to ctb possibly illegal but I'm no legal expert

Immoral site ? Probably in the eyes of everyone else

Reactions: Deutsch, lv-gras, Tiburcio and 1 other person
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
The system fucks itself. Laws doesn't even matter. What matters now is how one can get his or her hands on the law.

Reactions: Deutsch and Tiburcio
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
The system fucks itself. Laws doesn't even matter. What matters now is how one can get his or her hands on the law.

As someone who is still interested in living, laws do matter to me. Even though some of them I don't agree with.

Reactions: Deutsch, Tiburcio and Gray Wounds
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
As someone who is still interested in living, laws do matter to me. Even though some of them I don't agree with.

i see. I mean it doesn't even matter to its self, the law. It creates something and then it creates another one again that contradicts that something. The cycle is endless. It seeks to fight its self.

Reactions: Deutsch, lv-gras, Tiburcio and 1 other person
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
At least that's my perception regarding the law.

Reactions: Deutsch and Tiburcio
E

ephemeral

Jul 10, 2018
Intent matters and there is furthermore a wide moat between talking and assisting.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
The law is an opinion with a gun, most laws are only put there because they benefit someone at your expense or someone else's. It's to make it tougher for other people to compete and gain access, entry to various jobs, goods, services. The country would look much different if the only laws u had was ones we actually needed like don't steal, don't enforce violence unessesarily sadly the gov is force and it's why it doesn't work very well. Yea it works but not a voluntary situation so people don't respond well, keep your contracts, don't commit adultery, things like these are pretty simple and universally preferable but with government there are laws that go way beyond basic behavior and infringe on individual natural rights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deutsch, Tiburcio and agreement
M

midastic

Student
Sep 1, 2018
The site itself isn't illegal, but what some of us are doing can be considered illegal. For example, discussing methods or being supportive of someone CTB can be viewed as aiding someone in committing suicide/encouraging them to commit suicide which is illegal. That's why the old SS subreddit got banned. That being said, even if it wasn't illegal, visiting this site is enough to get you locked up in a psych ward.

Reactions: FullFat, Deutsch, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
couldntthinkofaname

couldntthinkofaname

Mage
Aug 31, 2018
im pretty sure in most countries the authorities are busy with other stuff then to prosecute people who post on a small niche forum

Reactions: FullFat, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Deutsch and 1 other person
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
I'm pretty sure that in my country giving tips about methods is illegal.
But luckily nobody really cares about suicidal people. You wanna ctb? w/e, just don't do it in public.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and FullFat
M

midastic

Student
Sep 1, 2018
I'm pretty sure that in my country giving tips about methods is illegal.
But luckily nobody really cares about suicidal people. You wanna ctb? w/e, just don't do it in public.

I will say this though, I am surprised on how people like Philip Nitschke were able to give away information on suicide methods including ways to get illegal drugs and they do this without facing any arrests/prosecution.

M

midastic

Student
Sep 1, 2018
That being said, an actual suicide usually needs to be involved in order to prosecute someone for aiding/encouraging suicide. And even if there was an actual suicide, you also have to prove direct involvement. But all it takes to get charged is for a creative prosecutor who has a huge knowledge in law to come and charge you with a different crime or use the evidence creatively

IIRC, there was a woman who encouraged a girl who was a neighbor to commit suicide through myspace and when the girl actually did it, prosecutors weren't able to really find much evidence to charge her with assisting suicide but they were able to charge her and get her convicted with "hacking" since she used MySpace for illegitimate purposes or somewhere along those lines. She did manage to get the conviction overturned though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Drew

Oh and there was a bully who bullied some dude and when that dude committed suicide, prosecutors were able get him convicted with involuntary manslaughter.

The moral is to be careful what ya say or do to other people cuz all it takes is for some motivated prosecutor to come after you especially if you made a dick move.

Reactions: GoneSeptember2018