• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

anon05

anon05

Apr 21, 2023
I can't afford anything to CTB unfortunately, so I have to use something I already own. All I have is a knife, pills, and I could look around for a rope but I don't think I have one. The pills aren't very strong so I don't think they would work, but would the knife be good to use, and if so where should I use it? I'm a bit scared because I've heard it has a high rate of failing and that it's very painful. No one is going to find me if I attempt it though so I'm not worried about anyone finding out. If it's not effective I could try to use the pills or hopefully find an old rope somewhere, or I could stop eating and drinking but I don't really want to do that last one.

Dying science gal

Dying science gal

Dying science gal
Apr 27, 2023
The knife is a bad idea, unless if you're really really sure about it and you are highly resistant to pain. What pills do you have? Those might work.

moya117

moya117

A replacement that can easily get replaced
Mar 31, 2023
No, it's just not effective.
Using knife would mean dying by a blood loss, and it takes a very long time, And you're likely gonna fail.
Pills/overdose too, have a very high chance of failure and if you did survive, you're likely gonna suffer from an organ failure.
There's a lot of risk in every suicide method, but I suggest you look into the resources post and choose which might be your ideal way to go.
Wishing you a good luck<3

• Informative
Reactions: altoids
C:/

C:/

Apr 10, 2023
6% death rate for wrists, arms, and legs | 7.1/10 pain
12% for abdomen stabbing | 7.8/10 pain
51% for cut throat | 8.6/10 pain
58.5% for Stab To Chest | 7.6/10 pain

All are extremely painful and not effective at all, cutting is known to be the most uneffective ctb method avaiable.

Sources:
  1. CE Rhyne, DI Templer, LG Brown and NB Peters, "Dimensions of Suicide: Perceptions of Lethality, Time and Agony", in Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior, Vol. 25(3), 1995.
  2. JJ Card, "Lethality of suicidal methods and suicide risk: Two distinct concepts", Omega 5, 1974.
  3. NL Farberow and ES Shneidman, The Cry for Help, 1961.
  4. Dr Phillip Nitschke with Dr Fiona Stewart, The Peaceful Pill eHandbook, revised 10 October 2009.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: just_so_done, Avyn, Rotting Sprout and 1 other person
sulli

sulli

Student
Jan 25, 2023
attempted by cutting just a few days ago, sadly here to report it was not a success

• Hugs
Reactions: C:/
anon05

anon05

Apr 21, 2023
The knife is a bad idea, unless if you're really really sure about it and you are highly resistant to pain. What pills do you have? Those might work.
Some allergy relief pills (diphenhydramine). I don't have a very high pain resistance so yeah the knife isn't a good idea.
No, it's just not effective.
Using knife would mean dying by a blood loss, and it takes a very long time, And you're likely gonna fail.
Pills/overdose too, have a very high chance of failure and if you did survive, you're likely gonna suffer from an organ failure.
There's a lot of risk in every suicide method, but I suggest you look into the resources post and choose which might be your ideal way to go.
Wishing you a good luck<3
Thank you! I looked through the resources post and I think partial hanging would work if I am able to find a rope or afford buying one eventually.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: moya117
anon05

anon05

Apr 21, 2023
6% death rate for wrists, arms, and legs | 7.1/10 pain
12% for abdomen stabbing | 7.8/10 pain
51% for cut throat | 8.6/10 pain
58.5% for Stab To Chest | 7.6/10 pain

All are extremely painful and not effective at all, cutting is known to be the most uneffective ctb method avaiable.

Sources:
  1. CE Rhyne, DI Templer, LG Brown and NB Peters, "Dimensions of Suicide: Perceptions of Lethality, Time and Agony", in Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior, Vol. 25(3), 1995.
  2. JJ Card, "Lethality of suicidal methods and suicide risk: Two distinct concepts", Omega 5, 1974.
  3. NL Farberow and ES Shneidman, The Cry for Help, 1961.
  4. Dr Phillip Nitschke with Dr Fiona Stewart, The Peaceful Pill eHandbook, revised 10 October 2009.
Thank you for the stats. I'm going to choose a different CTB method.

• Love
Reactions: moya117 and C:/
R

rustinpeacepolaris

Student
Apr 28, 2023
don't. i've tried, it didn:t work. made a really really big mess that i'm still cleaning up today and it's been months.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, I think that it would just lead to more suffering and damage instead, knives aren't really recommended and there is a reason as to why this method isn't listed in the suicide resource compilation. And I also think it would be difficult to try and attempt to ctb this way as the survival instinct would kick in.

Dying science gal

Dying science gal

Dying science gal
Apr 27, 2023
Some allergy relief pills (diphenhydramine). I don't have a very high pain resistance so yeah the knife isn't a good idea.

Thank you! I looked through the resources post and I think partial hanging would work if I am able to find a rope or afford buying one eventually.
Hey, yeah. Diphenhydramine won't cut it. You'll need a lot of 2-(diphenylmethoxy)-N,N-dimethylethanamine to die.

anon05

anon05

Apr 21, 2023
Hey, yeah. Diphenhydramine won't cut it. You'll need a lot of 2-(diphenylmethoxy)-N,N-dimethylethanamine to die.
Yeah, I won't use the pills either. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: moya117