• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

Neville1

Student
Aug 26, 2019
Before commenting please read this Tarbell article. Big brother is watching.

Reactions: irregularheartbeat
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
The US has been a police state ever since it created the police department, which at the time were known as slave patrols.

Is the US a surveilance state? Of course.

Can the US government be described as totalitarian? What else would we call a settler-colonial state?

Reactions: Black_Knight, bea1974, waived and 2 others
N

Neville1

Student
Aug 26, 2019
Is the US a surveilance state? Of course.
Yes. But I feel that it's gotten worse under him. Another example is birth control. Under his presidency, many abortion pill websites have been seized by FDA, Republican jurists have approved ridiculous restrictions on birth control clinics and US funding of planned Parenthood removed. Access to birth control has always been highly restricted in US but recent steps are making it worse.

Reactions: bea1974
S

salvation

Yo
Mar 21, 2019
Its always been like this, really sucks since I have edgy humor now I'm afraid the FBI will visit me as a potential attacker or something... imo the mental health system here is a big contributor to shootings.

Reactions: HGL91
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
All States are police states. The global arrangement of power and the legitimacy of those State's social control is unstable. Various crisis that are inherent to the form of life under capital threatens civil order. An economic nightmare, a majority absence from faith and participation in the political, an increasing in clashes between the police and the population it governs , the ecological collapse and its impact on everything human. The State hardens and relies on parts of the population to accelerate a social hardening of the citizen. Xenophobia, the closing of borders, nationalism, ethnic cleansing.

Reactions: Black_Knight, bea1974 and Neville1
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Is the US turning into a police state under Trump?

No, it's just business as usual. All of these people hysterical about Trump...

Jesus, get a grip!

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019

Jesus, get a grip!

Indeed, as if it were or would be an utopia with bloody clintons. Poor buggers don't have much to choose from there.

• Love
Reactions: HGL91 and Wayfaerer
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Oh great, another thread about politics. This is just as bad as religious threads.

See ya!

• Love
Reactions: blanketyblk, Alchemist, Wayfaerer and 1 other person
N

Neville1

Student
Aug 26, 2019
The Tarbell article is useful for US members of this forum and is relevant to pro-choice. From 2017 seizures of both illegal and prescription drugs quadrupled in 2018 and the aim for 2019 is 10x.

Yes it's political but important for members to know.

Also of interest is that while Trump has talked about allowing people access to Canadian drugs the action has been to target a ten fold increase in seizures.
Indeed, as if it were or would be an utopia with bloody clintons. Poor buggers don't have much to choose from there.
Maybe true but the previous administration wasn't seizing the Canadian prescriptions for individual use. Would they do that in your country?

The new anti-abortion laws are anti-choice, allowing government to decide while most members favor individual choice. That's in the forum's charter.

Last edited:
Reactions: bea1974
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Oh great, another thread about politics. This is just as bad as religious threads.

See ya!

"Nobody talk about it ever, it'll just go away/I'm so active politically and intellectually outside of this place that nobody else here should talk politic"

Jesus, get a grip!

Nobody would agree that this particular era is business as usual. Not capitalists and their economists, not the petty bourgeois, not the underclass, not the anarchist and communist ghettos. Literally nobody.

Last edited: