• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Tired_M

Tired_M

Nov 3, 2019
I can't tell if this is a call for help or a vent, whatever.

I've started taking antidepressants more than two weeks ago. I had a major breakdown this week, drank until I ended up unconscious, and woke up at the hospital. Then one of the people I care the most about went to a psych ward because of massive panic attacks, and it really shook me. Eventful last few days.

Since then, I feel so empty and disconnected from the world. I even feel dumber, like I'm doing things automatically without even thinking or questioning what's going on. It really freaks me out. I'm already an anxious mess, I feel like I'm being paranoid now. It already happened to me once for a few days before seeking help, but now it seems to stick with me. I'm just wondering, is it a normal "phase"? Is it because my nerves are relaxing and I'm not used to being like that? Or is my non-depressed self just a numb, robotic person?

This whole message might be messy and you guys probably don't have any answer, but I guess I'm just very anxious rn and freaking out...

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
B

bukowski

Nov 3, 2019
Without knowing what meds you are on, my advice is that if your psych doctor prescribes SSRIs or benzos - find someone else. SSRIs have been proven to be useless other than having nasty side effects. Benzos are just plain dangerous. Psych meds can abrubt when you first go on them - depending on the med, dosage, and person. Have you made your doctor aware if what you are going through? I hope you can get to a better place soon.

Reactions: Susannah and Tired_M
Tired_M

Tired_M

Nov 3, 2019
Without knowing what meds you are on, my advice is that if your psych doctor prescribes SSRIs or benzos - find someone else. SSRIs have been proven to be useless other than having nasty side effects. Benzos are just plain dangerous. Psych meds can abrubt when you first go on them - depending on the med, dosage, and person. Have you made your doctor aware if what you are going through? I hope you can get to a better place soon.

Thanks for taking time to give me some advice and information. I'm on Sertraline, and it happens to be an SSRI. I've seen two psychiatrists, one at the hospital who prescribed me the Sertraline, and one outside, whom I'm seeing now every two weeks, and didn't change my antidepressant meds. I'll talk to them about the state I'm in and see what they do with it.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
B

bukowski

Nov 3, 2019
I took sertraline for over 10 years. For me it was rubbish and getting back on it the few times I stopped was harrowing. My new doc prescribed me Lithium and gabapentin and, so far, the results have been great. Hopefully you can find a new doc who has read the current literature on SSRIs or will at least be open to exploring alternatives with you. FYI, most people think bipolar when they see lithium but that is just what it has been used for historically. It is a mood stabilizer and a natually occuring element which makes me feel better that it's not something dreamed up in a lab.

Reactions: Susannah