sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Is this true? I'd hate to have to come back here even *worse* off. Is there ever an end to this horrible life thing…

"Take it from one who knows: suicide is NEVER the answer. Suicide only makes the problem infinitely worse. That is because all suicides are forced to return to a physical plane of existence in a body that is severely compromised in some manner. For example, most "Down's Syndrome" people are returning suicides."

• Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: delta.sigma, ClownWorld2023, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 3 others
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
Omg I hope not 😖 but it's also believed that people who are severely suicidal most likely killed themselves in a past life (hence the lesson unfinished that must be completed) and many don't have Down syndrome or other birth defects. As far as other issues though 🤔 I can see how most of those makes sense.
If we choose our lives prior or must relive the same/similar lives I don't see how new or more issues, that effect us physically in the next, would apply. That would seem more like a punishment. If anything wouldn't we have we have to relive with the same trials we tried to get away from until we cease unintentionally??. I'd like to hope so 😫
Idk as of recent I've been so unsure and confused in my beliefs in reincarnation😪

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I don't believe in reincarnation whatsoever.
If the purpose of it is to to become " perfect " through many life trials then why didn't " God " create us as perfect beings in the first place.
Yet, I don't believe in God or a soul and believe that everything is physical, and consciousness is just stupid brain activity.

Reactions: TapeMachine, Hollowman, sserafim and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hmmm- ok but- given that your life probably isn't the best now- otherwise- you wouldn't be here- that means you've already done 'bad' things in your previous lives that you are supposedly being punished for now. So- how do you atone for that? What if you have already killed yourself in the past? What is it you're supposed to do to break that cycle? Are you following Buddhism to the letter to try and break the cycle?

Personally, I don't really believe in reincarnation- not in the terms of some big moral lesson. What's the end goal? What are we trying to become? Perfect people? Look around you- do you think people are getting any better? Are we all just failing then?

How does it apply to animals? Does it apply to animals? What behaviours make a worm especially moral? How does a lion be an especially good lion? Do number of kills go for it or against it? I don't know. Hinges on whether you believe in a God I guess. I'm more in the atheist camp now.

I suppose I think- if reincarnation is a thing, it's more likely to just be energy that is recycled. Not consciousness. Why do the majority of us forget past lives? If we're supposed to be learning and growing- wouldn't it help to remember our past mistakes? Wouldn't it help to know what they were? If the whole reigious reincarnation thing is real, it's a pretty strange set up. Give people no information to begin with. Just assume they will pick the right religion and follow it to the letter. Throw all sorts of unpleasant experiences at them to really test their loyalty and then, punish them forever if they screw up. I really hope there isn't a God and I really hope that this is it- no afterlife.

Still- worse comes to the worst and we are reincarnated- you won't be you. You'll be someone else. How affected are you by your past lives now? You probably don't know- unless you believe you are carrying a curse. So- from the billions of lives already lived here with the tiniest fraction claiming to remember past lives- chances are- the new person will be oblivious for a while- until they start looking into Buddhism I guess.

• Love
Reactions: jar-baby, sserafim and アホペンギン
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I personally don't believe in reincarnation. The concept of reincarnation is present in a lot of mythological oriented things and such and that by itself may prove that reincarnation exists but nonetheless I still refuse to believe it. After all, it is impossible to predict what will happen after death. It is the unknown.

If reincarnation even exists, like @Forever Sleep mentioned, it wouldn't be consciousness being constantly thrown into the loop. It is just some sort of energy. It is impossible to know if reincarnation really exists, like I said before, but let's say we are the reincarnated body of someone else. Do we remember anything? No. Then, it's not something to be concerned about.

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby, sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and 3 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
It is pure conjecture, zero proof of anything like that.

Reactions: Alex Fermentopathy, TapeMachine, sserafim and 4 others
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
Fear mongering. They're really saying and doing all they can to make sure you stay alive and work for their profit.

I have this feeling that most people actually know this existence is shit. If they really feel life is good they wouldn't fear that people want to kill themselves, make up so many stories, and try this hard to prevent suicide. Instead they would give everyone free access to painless methods, because if this life was really good no one would want to kill themselves.

We can't rule out the possibility of reincarnation tho. Reincarnation is super fucked up but what's not fucked up about this existence? We have to admit that while we're here we have zero knowledge of what's after death.
This is one of the reasons I haven't attempted yet. It may sound a bit weird, but I kinda just want to be me. If I have to suffer no matter what then let me suffer with a clear head and always look for the truth. I don't want to reincarnate back here as one of those religious delusional ass-kissing pro-life fucktards lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: TapeMachine, sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
I really hope that this isn't true. I would be destroyed and super mad if it was. The facts are that they can't know this either and if they claim they do then I would like to know how. This is most likely prolife bullshit in order to get us to stay in this life forever and suffer and contribute. Its not fair because we never asked for any of this in the first place. They want to make us feel even worse than we already do about dying. They don't want us to even consider it. Why not? Why can't we consider it? Life is pointless and full of suffering so why wouldn't we want to consider it?

We have to admit that while we're here we have zero knowledge of what's after death.
Yeah. That's right. I know what you mean. I'm still here for now even though I don't want to be. The unknown is scary.

Reactions: sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and binturong
binturong

binturong

shining of stars calls me home
Jul 4, 2019
Everything I have learned in my life speaks against this statement, I am still trying to understand this world, but I do not think that the truth is in religion, it is imbued with human psychology. Most likely, the answer (if it exists) can only be known after death, and perhaps it will turn out to be something beyond human understanding. At the moment I am more of a skeptic, it seems the only meaning is survival, in society it is different from the wild, but it seems the essence is the same, it has been like this since time immemorial, whether this process was started by someone or an accident is different question.

deathxo

deathxo

Aug 10, 2023
Abso-fucking-lutely not.
Let me tell you some crazy stuff that is espoused in the name of my country's majority religion.

If you badmouth someone in this life, you will be reborn as a bat.

A rock wishes to be a tree, a tree wishes to be an animal, an animal wishes to be a human, we have lived an infinite number of lives and a human life is oh so bloody fucking special you need to go through, no exaggeration, a hundred billion lives as a bacteria, an insect, a bird, an animal, and whatnot for just one chance to be a human.

Oh they got raped in this life? They must've raped someone before.
What before? What after!?!

I can go on and on, but really one of the main reasons I believe our species is degenerate & depraved is because of the deep seated idea that humans are somehow better or special than any other living organism on this planet and we have been put here for some special purpose.

The special purpose being... Trash the whole planet and bring about the next mass extinction.

Everybody in nature eats another to survive. We're no special or better.

Sorry about the little rant 😅 reincarnation as a concept just pisses me off so hard. I can go on and on.

Don't live in the fear of this typa bullshit people hang on to for some sense of sanity & our desperate need for fundamental answers.

But, in case, I kill myself & this wheel of karma still continues, I'd rather come back as a maggot than a fucking human.

Reactions: woh6, sserafim and WAITING TO DIE
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Abso-fucking-lutely not.
Let me tell you some crazy stuff that is espoused in the name of my country's majority religion.

If you badmouth someone in this life, you will be reborn as a bat.

That's hilarious. :pfff: What's wrong with being a bat?

• Yay!
Reactions: RollingKinematics, sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
soulessbunny

soulessbunny

Oct 27, 2023
I'm not 100 % on the idea of reincarnation, but i don't believe for a second if you came back you'd be worse off because of what you did in this life. I think that when we die our bodies become perf4ct(if we had disabilities etc in life) they are gone when we meet "God" , I think it's case of environment that decides how disadvantaged we'd be In life. Or we just go off into nothingness, 😂

Reactions: sserafim
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
No, while it may be a cool and abstract idea, there is absolutely no truth to "reincarnation" because that would make no neuroanatomical sense.

Consciousness does not jump from body to body as consciousness doesn't exist without the presence of neurons. It does not exist out of the body. Consciousness is nothing but a construct created by our brains to help understand ourselves and the world around us, but to believe it exists outside of one's body or that it can jump from one body to another is just so illogical.

Reactions: Skathon and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Omg I hope not 😖 but it's also believed that people who are severely suicidal most likely killed themselves in a past life (hence the lesson unfinished that must be completed) and many don't have Down syndrome or other birth defects. As far as other issues though 🤔 I can see how most of those makes sense.
If we choose our lives prior or must relive the same/similar lives I don't see how new or more issues, that effect us physically in the next, would apply. That would seem more like a punishment. If anything wouldn't we have we have to relive with the same trials we tried to get away from until we cease unintentionally??. I'd like to hope so 😫
Idk as of recent I've been so unsure and confused in my beliefs in reincarnation😪
I found this table on their website. I'd hate to leave this life only to have a worse problem in my next one (if reincarnation exists). That would like be solving my present pain and suffering, but dooming myself in my next life. Some people have birthmarks related to how they (allegedly) died in their last life though, so that's why I think this might be kind of believable. The issue is that no one knows if reincarnation exists for sure though.

Suicide Method Reincarnation Birth Defect
Shot/Stab to the Head Down's Syndrome - Anencephaly
Shot/Stab to the Chest Congenital Heart Defects
Shot/Stab to the Stomach Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Hanging by the Neck Oesophageal Atresia
Electrocution Cerebral Palsy
Drowning - Suffocation Chronic Pneumonia
Gas - Strangulation Chronic Bronchitis
Poisoning - Opening Veins Leukemia - Sickle Cell
Death by Alcohol Poisoning Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
Jumping from a Height
Shattering Bones
Spina Bifida - Fibrodysplasia Ossificans
Osteogenesis Imperfecta

Reactions: NocturnILL
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
I found this table on their website. I'd hate to leave this life only to have a worse problem in my next one (if reincarnation exists). That would like be solving my present pain and suffering, but dooming myself in my next life. Some people have birthmarks related to how they (allegedly) died in their last life though, so that's why I think this might be kind of believable. The issue is that no one knows if reincarnation exists for sure though.

Jumping from a Height
Shattering Bones
Osteogenesis Imperfecta
If the list is true it's absolutely terrifying. The idea of having physical defects is terrifying alone 😫. The things that make me question is in the past I've read a lot of peoples "past life regression" stories who have committed suicides and they didn't end up with physical defects like these. Also people who have been told by like Shamans and stuff, that they've committed suicides, who have been able to guide them through to teach them about their lessons they must learn or what they can do in this lifetime differently from the last. Like on the website it said this vvv
"* Suicidal Charge: The individual will feel the urge to take their own life periodically during their next life. The more times in a row they kill themselves, the more intense and challenging their problems become. Only when they gets through an entire lifetime without killing themselves is the suicidal charge released."
^^^this makes sense to me. I've heard and read this countless of times. I can definitely see how if reincarnation is real the Soul can carry that with them in the next body. If we're meant to evolve and be our highest self we must learn the lessons right??.
BUT let's say the chart is 100% accurate then does that mean that the suicides with certain birth defects, have a better chance of "being in the clear" 🤔.

"* Aftermath: Part of how those who have passed on suffer... is by watching how their suicide has adversely impacted those they have left behind. So if you are suffering from a loved one's departure... they have also experienced that suffering as if they were you. It is worse for them because they caused your suffering."
^^^^this hurts me when I think about it. Like being stuck before "crossing over" and watching those we love in pain. That's the real Hell for real and it's like more punishment idk.

• Hugs
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
If you have any evidence to support your statement, please provide it for us and we will judge it accordingly.
Otherwise, don't try and share your ridiculous theories here.
Save it for your Facebook echo chamber, or wherever loonies like yourself gather.
Oh! I'm quite familiar with the concept of reincarnation, as I studied at a Buddhist vihara from my early teens.
What you've said sounds much more like prejudice against the disabled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon
delta.sigma

delta.sigma

Spiritual Warrior
Jun 17, 2023
It is pure conjecture, zero proof of anything like that.
That's not true.

There have been many cases where reincarnation is very much indicated; Involving knowledge of people, events, places and details of past lives.
That's hilarious. :pfff: What's wrong with being a bat?

Happy Batman GIF

Last edited:
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021

Jumping from a Height
Shattering Bones
Osteogenesis Imperfecta
These people are so fucking hateful. It's just a way for people to cop-out of feeling sympathy for the unfortunate. No one wants to believe it could have happened to them.

How could someone look at an innocent child with any of these disorders and think, "Hmm. They must have fucked up bad in their past life. They deserve what they got."?

Reactions: sserafim, Eternal🌈Rainbow, Kattt and 2 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023

Jumping from a Height
Shattering Bones
Osteogenesis Imperfecta
I really do not believe that people who are suffering these conditions brought it on to themselves. Karma has been used over and over again by the ruling classes, religion etc., to keep us against rising up against any unfairness in this world - suffering often unleashed by those stronger than us.

If God is merciful, then God will not want to punish or take revenge on people. I don't know if there is a God or not (I am agnostic) - but my personal feeling is that a suicide will not result in further punishment by God (and if it does, I will challenge God to explain why this world is a mess and why furthermore vulnerable human beings are being hunted down beyond their deaths for being desperate to flee from the suffering that was unleashed on to them)? Blaming people who are unwell and disabled and labelling them as returning to planet to serve their sentence for supposedly taking their own lives - I just don't buy that and the blame culture is just not fair especially when you cannot argue against something like "karma".

Reactions: sserafim, Passersby and Celerity
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
That's not true.

There have been many cases where reincarnation is very much indicated; Involving knowledge of people, events, places and details of past lives.

Happy Batman GIF
I don't think anyone is rebuking the concept of reincarnation itself.
What's dispicible and ridiculous is the idea that your behaviour dictates that you could be born with a disability and the disability designated according to the relative behaviour.
Do you by any chance believe that HIV/AIDS is God's way of punishing homosexuals too???

One final thing... don't sully the name of a religion, founded upon the principles of compassion, non violence, selflessness and peace, with that twisted bastardisation of karma. Karma has become to be used (rather misused) by Individuals who think it is interchangeable with the word "revenge". It really isn't.
If you don't know what a word means, either find out so you can use it correctly, or don't use it at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex Fermentopathy and Kit1