Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Every time I have expressed frustration with things in my life people love to say "that's just how it is" or "its a hard truth we all have to learn" anything along those lines.

Are we really all depressed, tired, emotionally deprived, untrustworthy/untrusting, selfish beings? Can I really never truly show my true self to people w/o expecting pain in return? Do I have to expect to be on my own for everything, and not be surprised when people in your life aren't there for you, or betray you?

We're all just complacent and okay with our jobs taking up 60-70% of our time? and then not even being able to live off of our salaries? I just cannot believe that this is life, there are people who have it much worse…

So I guess my question is, what's the point of staying if life is so terrible for everyone, and we all have the "off switch" option??

everyday I live on this planet the more evident it becomes that we are actually in hell.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Kundalini Guy, Silly Bean, sserafim and 11 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I think most people are in denial about how awful life really is.
I guess they just keep as busy as possible and turn to distractions to avoid facing the true reality of human existence.
This world is filled with far more suffering than pleasure, and is definitely a form of hell.
I wonder how many seemingly happy people secretly want to ctb ?

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, sserafim, Outsider and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There is no off switch option, it would be a relief if there is but the reality is that the prison like human body is programmed to survive and we aren't allowed to just easily cease existing in a peaceful way. We truly do exist in hell, there could never be a point to the endless cycle of suffering that is existence.

Reactions: Darkover, HighFlight, sserafim and 4 others
Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Have I died too soon or lived too long?
Oct 23, 2023
Hopefully things will change and get better, otherwise there wouldn't even be a point in living

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkover and HighFlight
M

MrShino

Student
Jul 8, 2021
There are many good things in this world, but I agree. This world is not as it should be, far from it. It is as the Bible says; The whole world lies in darkness and is under the power of the evil one. It's quite evident.

Reactions: Darkover
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
The point of staying alive boils down to the potential that something could get better. At least, that's what most of the world believes. Most people in the world experience lows, but they believe that their lives will improve in time. Those people also likely don't experience mental illnesses that inhibit their lives in a significant way. Here, we have experienced dark times that have not vanished from our minds. We have pent-up bitterness and resentment towards our own existences. We know that life is full of hardships and struggles, and it feels inescapable. But, the idea of departing from existence is not a popular mindset. Most people are bound to existence by others, whether it's through a family, business, or other means.

Reactions: Reika179, Darkover, sserafim and 2 others
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I can't answer your question. Well, I can only answer it for myself: sheer stubbornness. Childish arrogance. I shall prevail*, for no reason but one: I decided so.

I don't believe in hell, but if there was one, then surely it's this fake plastic planet.

*Doomed, obviously.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkover, sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Life is not inherently good or evil, happy or sad, etc. Life is just Life. And our individual perception of it will differ. Some of us are destin to deal with physical or mental illness or hardship. Others have avoided those hardships, or at least to the degree that we are familiar with.

But should we pull the plug on humanity? I'm not convinced that we've reached that point, yet.

While you may not see or feel it, there is so much good left in the world. And although I recognize that so much evil is currently happening, I'd like to think that humanity will endure. Time will tell...

As individuals, the question is a little different. Only you can determine if your life has the potential for happiness or contribution, or if your destiny is pain, suffering and loneliness. In any given moment of your life, you can be anywhere on the spectrum. This is not an easy question, and is something people should ponder and answer it for themselves.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Reika179, Abandoned Character, Darkover and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Every time I have expressed frustration with things in my life people love to say "that's just how it is" or "its a hard truth we all have to learn" anything along those lines.

Are we really all depressed, tired, emotionally deprived, untrustworthy/untrusting, selfish beings? Can I really never truly show my true self to people w/o expecting pain in return? Do I have to expect to be on my own for everything, and not be surprised when people in your life aren't there for you, or betray you?

We're all just complacent and okay with our jobs taking up 60-70% of our time? and then not even being able to live off of our salaries? I just cannot believe that this is life, there are people who have it much worse…

So I guess my question is, what's the point of staying if life is so terrible for everyone, and we all have the "off switch" option??

everyday I live on this planet the more evident it becomes that we are actually in hell.
Honestly I'm still here because it's not easy to die. Even dying is hard in this world and there's no guarantee that your ctb will be successful. You could fail and be even *worse* off. If I had a guaranteed way to go, I would do it (like VAD), but unfortunately I don't, and I'm scared of failing an attempt and the risks and consequences that come with it (permanent damage).

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Darkover, HighFlight and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Honestly I'm still here because it's not easy to die. Even dying is hard in this world and there's no guarantee that your ctb will be successful. You could fail and be even *worse* off. If I had a guaranteed way to go, I would do it (like VAD), but unfortunately I don't, and I'm scared of failing an attempt and the risks and consequences that come with it (permanent damage).
Same.
If I had N, or access to one of those SARCO pods, then I would be gone by the end of the day.
It's quite ridiculous how difficult it is to find a painless and guaranteed method and also overcome survival instinct.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Darkover and sserafim
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
I wonder how many seemingly happy people secretly want to ctb ?
If you change the question to remove ctb and replace it with "secretly miserable", I would say a much larger percentage than we might think.

Just in my short time here, I've seen a number of attempts that failed because of SI. IMHO, that same SI is so much stronger in "normal" people that it won't let them even see ctb as an option.

But your point is well taken. Seemingly happy people have their own problems, and what we show about ourselves is often different than how we really feel. Think about that next time you interact with another person. What kind of day are they having?

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
If you change the question to remove ctb and replace it with "secretly miserable", I would say a much larger percentage than we might think.

Just in my short time here, I've seen a number of attempts that failed because of SI. IMHO, that same SI is so much stronger in "normal" people that it won't let them even see ctb as an option.

But your point is well taken. Seemingly happy people have their own problems, and what we show about ourselves is often different than how we really feel. Think about that next time you interact with another person. What kind of day are they having?
Yes, I think there is a lot of truth to this : " secretly miserable " is a great way of putting it.
I wonder if they are actually more fearful of thinking about suicide than us, as opposed to having stronger survival instinct ?
Or is it the same thing ?

Reactions: sserafim
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
I wonder if they are actually more fearful of thinking about suicide than us, as opposed to having stronger survival instinct ?
Or is it the same thing ?
Very interesting question... both, neither?

My initial reaction is that SI happens at a subconscious level and is hardwired into the brain. Whereas I would see fear as a more conscious response to a stimulus. As a result, I would think SI is essentially blinding the normal person from seeing ctb as an option.

And these blinders extend beyond just their own issues, but how they react to others who bring up the ctb. Their life paradigm has been threatened so they do what they can to bring it back into order. Unfortunately, their easiest target are the people who are suicidal.

But I'm sure there are much smarter people here that might have some thoughts on the subject....

• Love
Reactions: Life Is My Coffin, WAITING TO DIE and sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess it doesn't puzzle me so much when we all say this to one another. We are all stuck here for now. I suppose acceptance is one way of dealing with it- especially things we don't have much control over.

What I don't understand is- when people clearly do struggle in life but then- they decide to have children. It's like- knowing how hard life can be- why did you do it? Because you didn't want to struggle alone? Because you think it's ok to live like this? That, I don't get.

Reactions: Life Is My Coffin
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Decide? Most children were never planned for.