lostmilo

lostmilo

Aug 19, 2024
I plan to leave to catch the bus early in the morning to start the 2hr journey to the bridge. I'm having issues with deciding the timing of when I will jump. Should I jump as soon as I arrive at around 10 am meaning it will me very light outside and likely alot of the public wat thing me or should I wait around the area until sunset and then jump so that it's dark and in order to avoid rush hour. I think it would be wrong to traumatise so many people in daylight and the main reason I chose this method is to not traumatise my family.

• Hugs
Reactions: rih, OutOfThisBody and Forever Sleep
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Be careful: the longer you wait, the more suspicious it gets and someone may try to deter you from jumping. Best of luck.

M

melonpan

Sep 9, 2024
Maybe. But, I personally think suicide (in some cases) is inherently selfish, and that is perfectly fine.
There's a chance you will live and simply end up as a vegetable; you need to make sure the head is the aim. Not too long ago, in a neighbouring town of mine, an article got published about a man who had jumped in front of a train around 1 AM and survived with life threatening injuries.

Here's another post about someone else discussing it:
Post in thread 'What do you think are the odds of surviving a train CTB attempt?'
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...iving-a-train-ctb-attempt.155514/post-2398529

rih

rih

Aug 23, 2024
I feel like ctb'ing is the opposite of selfish, personally. There's only so long someone can try, being involved with others while miserable just fosters disdain and bad emotions all around. Leaving on a note worth leaving is a lot more selfless, from an outside perspective I can see people assuming it to be selfish.

Jumping is a hard method to overcome SI, it's pretty considerate of you to even think about giving others trauma; coincidentally a lot of surviving jumpers do have regret during the descent. I just want to let you know in that case.

But the question is very dependent on if it's a high traffic area, is it water/road beneath you, if you jump late could there be an assumption morning rush hour (more people) would see you (unless you inform authorities or something)

Whatever the case; please be safe and safe journey whatever you do.