raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
This is 341ft, this is exactly what I'm looking for! but... look at the bottom of the cliff, shallow water and rocks.
The arrow in this photo is from a news article, it's showing where a couple drove off the cliff and landed (I've blanked out what article it is so we don't talk about location)
I don't drive otherwise I'd do that. Would this be enough to catch the bus?
Article 2216262 15753AC8000005DC 559 634x380

• Love
Reactions: GravityUtilizer, Deleted member 19276 and Theodora
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
I just wanted to say that it is very easy to get to know the location by backwards image search, so any authorities/suicide preventers here will know.

Reactions: Ybother and Saed
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I just wanted to say that it is very easy to get to know the location by backwards image search, so any authorities/suicide preventers here will know.
Then they will have to wait there then. They will have to read my mind, when and what time will I go, who knows, only me ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: Ybother, AnxietyAttack44, Deleted member 19276 and 2 others
MorticiasHair

MorticiasHair

Jul 1, 2020
Then they will have to wait there then. They will have to read my mind, when and what time will I go, who knows, only me ;)
:pfff::pfff::pfff::pfff:

btw I think its high enough :O

• Hugs
Reactions: Ybother and raindrops
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I would say that is pretty high and there is a very low chance of survival. I see there is a boat in the pic, imagine the person jumping falls on top of that... It would be awkward. But hey, sometimes, it is what it is. :wink:

Reactions: Ybother
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I would say that is pretty high and there is a very low chance of survival. I see there is a boat in the pic, imagine the person jumping falls on top of that... It would be awkward. But hey, sometimes, it is what it is. :wink:

I'm sure that boat is there to take pictures of the scene, it may be a police boat or local news.
No boats usually go in that far to the cliff, the tide and the possibility of rocks falling.
I see your point but this at the time would of been a crime scene, I'm assuming. Not sure if I could dive that far though! lol

Reactions: Ybother, Deleted member 19276 and AnxietyAttack44
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I'm sure that boat is there to take pictures of the scene, it may be a police boat or local news.
No boats usually go in that far to the cliff, the tide and the possibility of rocks falling.
I see your point but this at the time would of been a crime scene, I'm assuming. Not sure if I could dive that far though! lol
Oh, I see. Yeah for a moment I was thinking it may be a police boat too. I am assuming that another soul made the jump in that pic and they are investigating?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@Jump123, did the couple in the car die? and the arrow is there to indicate their trajectory, more or less? Does the article say how fast they were going to get that far horizontally before hitting the rocks?

Is there a way to calculate what your own trajectory would be, and therefore how far your fall will be? I mean: It looks like the face of the cliff is pretty convex, so a jumper would land considerably higher, right?

Just for the record, it wasn't good to smash all that pollution into the landscape. I hope no one else is thinking of doing that.

Reactions: GravityUtilizer
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
@Jump123, did the couple in the car die? and the arrow is there to indicate their trajectory, more or less? Does the article say how fast they were going to get that far horizontally before hitting the rocks?

Is there a way to calculate what your own trajectory would be, and therefore how far your fall will be? I mean: It looks like the face of the cliff is pretty convex, so a jumper would land considerably higher, right?

Just for the record, it wasn't good to smash all that pollution into the landscape. I hope no one else is thinking of doing that.

They both died on impact. The arrow is showing the area/angle they decided to drive off.
Apparently they were going around 30mph and they did not hit the side of the cliff at all.
Its interesting because they left no note, who knows if it was a pact or not.
People said the wife was happy, never spoke of depression or anxiety!
All sorts run through my head with this story, did the wife really want to go? were they arguing? did she want a divorce? was he drunk?
Who knows, the husband was driving though.

You're right it's not fair to pollute the sea like that, not to be rude or nasty but someone got to do their job that day :(

In the article they said it was 328ft but wiki says it's 341ft.
I'm thinking ah shit the cliff is shrinking!! Noo! It's probably 200ft now! (bad joke)
I need balls of steel.

I visited the cliff the other night (not this one!!) I looked down and felt nothing but peace really (it wasn't 328ft, at least 100ft) I was with my ex-partner (long story)
Anyway I run back towards the car away and the wind fkn blew me over, no joke!!! I fell onto my side, got back up and all I could think was fk I'm still alive.
I know it was a short fall but you hear stories of people falling like that and dying, why not me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Soul, rhiino and Brokenwithbpd
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
@Jump123Is there a way to calculate what your own trajectory would be, and therefore how far your fall will be? I mean: It looks like the face of the cliff is pretty convex, so a jumper would land considerably higher, right?
Yeah it doesn't look steep enough for a jumper but there might be a decent spot or two.

Reactions: Soul and raindrops
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
Yeah it doesn't look steep enough for a jumper but there might be a decent spot or two.
Exactly what I think not steep enough to jump from. Others have drove their car off and each person who has jumped died, only around 3 people that I've read.

• Hugs
Reactions: GravityUtilizer and Soul