N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
This question is purely descriptive. I don't celebrate it by any means. It is not really something to be enthusiastic about. It is rather deeply sad that so many people see no other way to go on in life. For me the sole thought of suicide feels exonerating. Because I am able to express my suicidality and put it into words it helps me to cope with them. But I won't dig deep into that topic in this thread.

The reason why I am thinking about it. I imagine my next clinic stay. It is complicated. But I am not sure what I shalll tell to them. By the way I am one of the main contributors (when we look at threads) in the biggest suicide forum there is on this planet. I mean that sounds insane. So I ask myself whether this is even true. I could imagine that there are currently bigger places in Asian language or the deep web. However I barely know anything so this is why I wanted to ask you.
The media wrote that this forum gets way more traffic than most suicide prevention websites and I don't doubt that when I see how poor their quality is. I am not sure but wasn't it 6 million clicks per month? That is insane and kind of sad. So many people struggle with suicidality but the topic is so stigmatized.

There was once the subreddit sanctioned suicide I think. That was pretty popular. On the internet I have not found much information about the history of suicide forums. Though I am quite sure they are part of the internet close to its invention. Touchy topic can be discussed on the internet way better than in real life. At least this is my experience. I talked with therapists about it. But in group therapy I had to listen to many bullshit takes on suicide from very ignorant people. Some therapists were critical of suicide forums others were more open to the idea that I get support from such a place. I never mentioned the exact name and probably will continue to do so.

The media really hates us. I wonder what other people would think of me if they knew I am in this forum. My friends and family know it and they are not very judgemental. There was one person who judged me badly for it but I don't have contact with her and she does not know much of it anyway. I read some science articles which were way less dramatizing on suicide forums than the media articles. And many positive benefits they described fit to my case. I am way too obessed how other people perceive me.

Do you know more facts than me on this topic? Can you enlighten me?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: epic, Endex, Lost in a Dream and 6 others
L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
yes, you are right, this is perhaps the biggest suicide forum of all time. suicide threads have always been online, but as a subtopic on forums dedicated to other topics (some gore forums and chans boards).
perhaps the ease of creating an account here will help with that. I've seen other forums about suicide, but some of them require steps other than email confirmation (uncomfortable chats I'd say).

Reactions: Endex, MothyCuddler and NearlyIrrelevantCake
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
About CTB, yes

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
resolutory

resolutory

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
I've heard there are two or three other main websites, such as this, other than SS. Anyone happen to know what these sites are? I assume we're not allowed to post it but if anyone could DM me, I'd appreciate it. :)

Reactions: Endex
BoomBang101

BoomBang101

Professional Screwup
Jan 1, 2023
I'm surprised how something like this remains on the clearnet. I mean hey... some of us have seen what happened to Lostallhope

I hope we are the biggest because the bulk of this community is awesome :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LateForTheBus, bijou, Endex and 2 others
Zykg85

Zykg85

Sep 30, 2021
anyone else remember ash methods & ash discussion boards?

i feel like they were marginally more active, comparatively to this board today.

But i do agree here..

I'm surprised how something like this remains on the clearnet. I mean hey... some of us have seen what happened to Lostallhope

I hope we are the biggest because the bulk of this community is awesome :)

i too am surprised this thing can keep going on the clearnet; seems clearnet has been vigilant in purging all forms of so-called "objectionable" stuff from its hosts..

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
About CTB, yes

It's really sad that the only one that is a close second or is equal in size is one that bans any discussions about the right to die or voluntary euthanasia for the terminally ill. If it wasn't for the censorship on that topic, I might've stayed there longer.

Reactions: theboy and Endex
S

suisuiforum

Experienced
Jul 4, 2021
anyone else remember ash methods & ash discussion boards?

i feel like they were marginally more active, comparatively to this board today.

But i do agree here..

i too am surprised this thing can keep going on the clearnet; seems clearnet has been vigilant in purging all forms of so-called "objectionable" stuff from its hosts..
I don't know much about ash boards; were they eventually shut down through outside interference?

I can see both sides regarding SS—it was eventually banned from Reddit because they don't take kindly to suicide method discussion, and yes, the methods listed on LostAllHope were eventually hidden. However, there are still plenty of independent forums hosting "objectionable content" even after people have been clamoring for their closure, like kiwifarms and 8kun. Cloudfare, the service that also hosts SS, ended up dropping them, but both are still active on the clearnet today through other providers.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
It's probably the only place with any size that allows "objectionable" content

Reactions: epic
codedarchaeologist

codedarchaeologist

everybody ends up where the river meets the sea
Jan 21, 2023
No idea how big ASH was, I imagine it could have been bigger. Other than that, I guess there might have been a bigger subreddit or similar? Doubt one exists right now. Then there's the Russian internet, which is its own thing - maybe there?