fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
You can't ctb with paracetamol anyways unless you're trying to die of your organs shutting down over the span of multiple days whilst being in excruciating pain.

Reactions: aticeret, strawb12, DeadHead and 4 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Liver failure is horrible, I saw my friend slowly dying from it over a year and this is one likely result of taking too much.

Reactions: strawb12, Homo erectus and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Don't these "law makers" have anything more important do?! That happens when a country doesn't have any other problems anymore then more problems have to be created ...

Anyway useless, nobody uses paracetamol for ctb ...

• Informative
Reactions: caliban, AnonGermany, Homo erectus and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
They already restrict the sale of paracetamol anyway to 16 tablets per purchase. As usual though- this plays right in to what they believe a suicidal person is like. So- they're so desperate and unable to think straight that they won't say- go to different shops or- build up a stash over days/ weeks/ months. They seem to think that people are ALWAYS acting impulsively when they CTB and that it's a feeling that will pass. So- if they can't buy however many you need in one go, they'll just give up. Honestly, I think it's insulting that they think we're all that impulsive/ stupid.

I wonder how many people do actually try to OD with paracetamol anyway? I considered it when I was a child but I don't think it's either a reliable or peaceful way to go. I'm guessing the focus here- as usual will be on youngsters. But anyhow- maybe it's a good thing. If it's unlikely to work anyway- maybe it will just save a whole load of people from liver damage and pysche wards.

I hope they're bracing themselves for more brutal methods though- you keep backing people into a corner- they won't give up if they're that desperate. They'll just resort to other things. Don't then go complaining that your daily commute is delayed because some poor sod threw themselves in front of your train. Don't complain if you and your children witness someone throwing themselves off a bridge or cliff- you're pushing them into this! Especially seeing as I imagine resources for actually helping people here are so stretched.

Reactions: azurarcher, caliban, AnonGermany and 3 others
physics

physics

Jun 12, 2023
You can't ctb with paracetamol anyways unless you're trying to die of your organs shutting down over the span of multiple days whilst being in excruciating pain.
consumed before SN..

Reactions: Homo erectus
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
They already restrict the sale of paracetamol anyway to 16 tablets per purchase. As usual though- this plays right in to what they believe a suicidal person is like. So- they're so desperate and unable to think straight that they won't say- go to different shops or- build up a stash over days/ weeks/ months. They seem to think that people are ALWAYS acting impulsively when they CTB and that it's a feeling that will pass. So- if they can't buy however many you need in one go, they'll just give up. Honestly, I think it's insulting that they think we're all that impulsive/ stupid.

I wonder how many people do actually try to OD with paracetamol anyway? I considered it when I was a child but I don't think it's either a reliable or peaceful way to go. I'm guessing the focus here- as usual will be on youngsters. But anyhow- maybe it's a good thing. If it's unlikely to work anyway- maybe it will just save a whole load of people from liver damage and pysche wards.

I hope they're bracing themselves for more brutal methods though- you keep backing people into a corner- they won't give up if they're that desperate. They'll just resort to other things. Don't then go complaining that your daily commute is delayed because some poor sod threw themselves in front of your train. Don't complain if you and your children witness someone throwing themselves off a bridge or cliff- you're pushing them into this! Especially seeing as I imagine resources for actually helping people here are so stretched.
I agree, what do they expect, people who are desperate will do such terrible things simply to end it all.
The people who make laws have no compassion or understanding or appreciate that we each OWN OUR OWN BODIES. They take away our basic body autonomy to control what we do with the most personal aspect of our own lives.

You would think that when you have someone like Robin Williams, such a well loved and well known actor who has to hang himself in his closet, something needs to change.

But no one ever thinks of this until they themselves are in the same predicament.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori and Homo erectus
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
FFSā€¦ You can OD on water too, let's restrict that just to be safe as well. Clowns! lol

• Yay!
Reactions: azurarcher, caliban and idontfeellikeimreal
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Nightmare way to go. One of the many benefits SanSu provides is cautioning people to avoid attempting to ctb by overdosing on this OTC med.

Reactions: caliban, Praestat_Mori and Meditation guide
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
But paracetamol just sounds like a way to end up suffering even more rather than an actual suicide method, if it was a decent and reliable suicide method it wouldn't be so easily accessible. I wish that paracetamol actually is a painless, reliable method as it would be such a relief if it was possible to just leave this world so easily.

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
consumed before SN..
yeah but then the paracetamol isn't the cause of death. SN would work quicker than also taking an overdose of paracetamol. Or do you mean the interaction?

Amelie

Amelie

Aug 12, 2023
I'm fucking fuming at this. This is their great plan to cut down suicides? Maybe look into improving mental health services instead??? What a fucking joke šŸ˜”

• Hugs
Reactions: physics, Praestat_Mori, idontfeellikeimreal and 1 other person