F

fightorflight

Sep 13, 2020
do you guys think this rope will work? I'm not sure how thick it is but I know it's bigger than 5mm, and it's 10 feet long. If you don't know, I'm planning on doing full suspension in a forest. Thanks so much

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
Reactions: death137
TripleA

TripleA

life is a struggle you cannot win
Sep 25, 2020
It will probably work well. Do you know how to tie knot?

Reactions: fightorflight and death137
F

fightorflight

Sep 13, 2020
It will probably work well. Do you know how to tie knot?
Yes! And I will test it beforehand. Thank you so much

Reactions: death137 and TripleA
Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
do you guys think this rope will work? I'm not sure how thick it is but I know it's bigger than 5mm, and it's 10 feet long. If you don't know, I'm planning on doing full suspension in a forest. Thanks so much

That looks like an 8mm rope... I bought for myself a 10mm one, but for a girl the one you show should be fine.
As its texture is a little rough, consider using a cotton shirt or a thin towel in between the neck and the rope as padding.
My plan is also full-suspension in a forest... what a small world, huh? :wink:

Last edited:
Reactions: fightorflight
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
While I'm sure it has it's charm switching it on during the act, personally, I wouldn't hang myself full suspension into such a product. We don't know the fibre, the quality might be lacklustre and to be fair it was never meant to carry such weight. Hanging causes serious brain injury in case of failure. So better take care.

PS: Agree with LenkaX below, professional accessory rope/reepschnurr can carry serious loads even below 10mm. Alternatively, BDSM or static climbing rope. Dynamic should be fine too as long as one doesn't plan to break one's neck.

Last edited:
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, deleted and fightorflight
Stubbe

Stubbe

Sep 11, 2020
Less than 10mm is risky if you're considering full suspension I think. 12 and above is required iirc. At least if you dont want it to snap when you're squirming around.

Reactions: allym101 and fightorflight
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It looks a bit thin and rough for full. A thicker smoother rope would be more comfortable as well. It should say how much weight it can handle.

Reactions: voyager and fightorflight
F

fightorflight

Sep 13, 2020
When you planing ctb

When you planing ctb?
I just have to copy out my notes (I wrote personal notes and a will/funeral plan in my phone), test out this rope and pray it works, and then it's all up to when I feel it's time
That looks like an 8mm rope... I bought for myself a 10mm one, but for a girl the one you show should be fine.
As its texture is a little rough, consider using a cotton shirt or a thin towel in between the neck and the rope as padding.
My plan is also full-suspension in a forest... what a small world, huh? :wink:
Yeah I'm around 150 and I'm a female so I think it should be fine for me. I'm going to test it out in the same conditions before I attempt anyhow. I think the cotton shirt is a great idea! I know the coarse rope will probably hurt, but at least I'll go unconscious quickly.
That's cool haha! I hope you make the best choice for yourself ❤️

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Ghost2211
F

fightorflight

Sep 13, 2020
While I'm sure it has it's charm switching it on during the act, personally, I wouldn't hang myself full suspension into such a product. We don't know the fibre, the quality might be lacklustre and to be fair it was never meant to carry such weight. Hanging causes serious brain injury in case of failure. So better take care.

PS: Agree with LenkaX below, professional accessory rope/reepschnurr can carry serious loads even below 10mm. Alternatively, BDSM or static climbing rope. Dynamic should be fine too as long as one doesn't plan to break one's neck.
Haha, I wasn't planning on turning the lights on. I picked it out so I could disguise it as simply lights, however. I'm definitely going to take care, and I will run a test beforehand. Do you think if I push down on it with my hands (or even swing on it with full body weight) I'll be able to tell if it works? Also there is another way I can get a rope like the one you're talking about (through my neighbor's address), but it would be pretty risky. I would prefer to use this one, but please let me know your thoughts.
Less than 10mm is risky if you're considering full suspension I think. 12 and above is required iirc. At least if you dont want it to snap when you're squirming around.
I'm pretty small in terms of all humans (I'm a 5'4 150 pound female). Do you think it will work? Just so you know, I'll test it before. The main thing I'm going for is if it will work. Uncomfortableness isn't a huge problem for me.
It looks a bit thin and rough for full. A thicker smoother rope would be more comfortable as well. It should say how much weight it can handle.
I'll check the box again, thank you so much! Even though it's a bit thin and rough, do you think it will get the job done if the test goes well?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
It looks strong but idk the fact that it's like a holiday light rope makes me wonder if it's as strong as it looks, or if it's more for show.

Also it does look very coarse and thick, so be aware that it won't be the most comfortable and if you're doing full suspension you might want to wrap a scarf or something around the noose so that it's not painful.

Reactions: voyager
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
I see now why you chose it. Are you at great risk of being discovered or questioned if you were to order rope or cord? I got my accessory cord in a simple mailing bag. Climbing rope otoh was in a parcel iirc. As for your question, I'm generally over cautious and would personally go for a rope which I was certain would hold my weight over a prolonged means of time and intended as such. Also have some rope thinner than yours made from jute natural fibres. It's a good material but it has ripped on occasion when carrying wood for a while. So, honestly, I'm not sure on the endurance side of things.