Jan 22, 2023
basically title.

Reactions: coked_pigeon, lifeisbutadream, raindrop9 and 2 others
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
basically title.
Maybe, but most likely they'll be able to revive and save you before you pass, they're experts at keeping people alive

Reactions: coked_pigeon, hermestrimegistus, SaffronSugar6 and 9 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Interesting question and one I've thought about. If you get surgery in a hospital they will have a way to revive you if you stop breathing, and probably do CPR chest compressions on you so you don't die. So even if there was something you take before anesthesia it's probably not the right place to try to ctb.

Reactions: coked_pigeon and hi-okbye
Linalez

Linalez

Born F 37 looking for a born F lesbian B4 I ctb
Oct 14, 2023
Not the right place to try to ctb. Probably THE worst. Would be even better to try it in public transport in front of everyone, because the people we're talking about are EXPERTS of the kind, there's no one like them. You might end up alive with damage. Cuz they will do anything to revive you even if you end up a vegetable.

Reactions: hi-okbye and NearlyIrrelevantCake
K

KiraX

Oct 20, 2023
I was thinking this same question a week ago when I had my surgery! Unfortunately yeah research showed no methods that would work since the doctors have ever tool at their disposal to keep you breathing and heart beating.

HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
I don't know of anything you can take.

But in the US, you can sign a Do-not-resuscitate (DNR) order. If you're young and otherwise healthy, the doctors will try to talk you out of it, but it's your choice and you can tell them you don't want to end up with permanent damage. Or sign one before going to the hospital and just say these are your wishes.

It's a brilliant place to ctb, but also probably the hardest for all the reasons listed in previous posts.

Reactions: coked_pigeon, NearlyIrrelevantCake, sash and 3 others
raltsrover

raltsrover

Ñom
Oct 14, 2023
Unless you have a DNR it's pretty impossible for it to work

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022
As others above have said, trying to kill yourself while surrounded by medical professionals with all the necessary equipment to save you is unwise.

I understand the idea of dying while anaesthetised is desirable because you'd feel nothing, but the success rate trying to die this way is likely to be close to zero.

Reactions: coked_pigeon and NearlyIrrelevantCake
D

DarknessAtNoon

Apr 24, 2022
An anesthesiologist monitors your vitals constantly during surgery and if anything is abnormal they would immediately take action to correct it. So no, not a realistic method.

Reactions: coked_pigeon and NearlyIrrelevantCake
L

lifeiscrap

Dec 18, 2021
I also thought about this last year. I would just take anticonvulsants, antiinflammatories and more of what not to take along with an antiemetic. The setting itself is what was really appealing, I would just die in a hospital like most people. No scene or one that would traumatize someone who never has seen something like it before. I felt guilty about bringing that on to medical professionals and like others have said, it's their job to keep you alive. The last thing I wanted was that possibility of waking up to go anywhere but home. So I decided against it.

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
SaffronSugar6

SaffronSugar6

I’m sorry
Oct 24, 2023
Not really. Being in a hospital, never mind, in surgery, is being in a place, filled with experts and keeping people alive. I am a medical professional and you can be kept on a ventilator for a very long time.

Reactions: hermestrimegistus
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
I've heard stories of people throwing up during surgery because they didn't fast beforehand. It may be possible if the pieces of vomit come into contact with exposed incisions but it would likely be a long painful infection.