orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
Is there someone who doesn't want to finish anymore?
Maybe someone who has come out of depression and is now happy?
Or do such people usually leave the forum?

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Ironweed, sadgirl9999 and 1 other person
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I think it's safe to say that all members who recover abandon the forum. I'm quite sure I would myself. But then again, maybe there are some members who have recovered but want to stay in touch with friends here.

Reactions: Helpneedtips, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and LifeQuitter2018
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
You should check the recovery section.

Reactions: Sensei
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
Is there someone who doesn't want to finish anymore?
Maybe someone who has come out of depression and is now happy?
Or do such people usually leave the forum?

I'm trying to recover and am documenting my journey in the recovery section.

Yes, some people do recover and end up doing great in life, it's generally those who are able to learn from the past and develop problem solving skills.

• Hugs
Reactions: Abir_london and Sensei
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yes, I noticed that section. I haven't looked there myself but it is pretty good for people who are recovering. I don't see myself going into recovery tbh. I am mostly just looking for some like minded people and comfort in knowing that I am not alone with these thoughts.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and EmbraceOfTheVoid
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
but want to stay in touch with friends here.
Well, if the friends aren't in recovery I can kind of see that ending in disappointment. Might even help push them out the door, dunno.

J

JipJopMop

Mar 6, 2021
Does anyone ever really recover? I honestly don't know, I guess it's rare.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sensei and oversizedsweaters
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm kinda recovered but I'm not planning to leave SS.
I might live a normal life but I will always be suicidal and interested in topics such as depression, anxiety, mental illnesses, suicide, life, death, afterlife, etc.
The people I've met here are just fantastic so, I'm not leaving.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Abir_london, Life_and_Death and 5 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Does anyone ever really recover? I honestly don't know, I guess it's rare.

To be honest, I don't think it's possible to recover to 100 %. The scars are simply too deep. However, I think it's possible to recover to 90 % and that's good enough in my book.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and mirko
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
Mahakali88 was a good example of this.

She seemed to be getting her life on track, job, friends, got a new place, ordered new furniture, etc - then in the space of a few days had a few setbacks and emotionally challenging problems and ctb with SN.

I think it didn't help she had some underlying issues with the fairness of the world, and wrongly belived this evil place had taken one of the people she admired most from here - who promptly re-appeared after she'd gone (she'd been trying to contact him/her to no avail) and they acted kind of oblivious to it all.

Hadn't even commented on her memorial or her thread where she was going to go.

Anyway, I think once the thoughts are there, it doesn't take much to re-awaken them.

orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
Mahakali88 was a good example of this.

She seemed to be getting her life on track, job, friends, got a new place, ordered new furniture, etc - then in the space of a few days had a few setbacks and emotionally challenging problems and ctb with SN.

I think it didn't help she had some underlying issues with the fairness of the world, and wrongly belived this evil place had taken one of the people she admired most from here - who promptly re-appeared after she'd gone (she'd been trying to contact him/her to no avail) and they acted kind of oblivious to it all.

Hadn't even commented on her memorial or her thread where she was going to go.

Anyway, I think once the thoughts are there, it doesn't take much to re-awaken them.
I think more positive is needed

aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019

I didn't know that she was on the path to recovery. It's always so terrifying for me to read about this kind of stuff, because I myself am slowly getting back on track, and I read somewhere that this is the time where the risk of impulsive CTB is the highest (due to the regained energy).

I'm aware that my biggest fears and challenges will inevitably and imminently resurface, I hope I'll have enough resilience when the time comes

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Sensei
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
I didn't know that she was on the path to recovery. It's always so terrifying for me to read about this kind of stuff, because I myself am slowly getting back on track, and I read somewhere that this is the time where the risk of impulsive CTB is the highest (due to the regained energy).

I'm aware that my biggest fears and challenges will inevitably and imminently resurface, I hope I'll have enough resilience when the time comes
Her goodbye or rather "I just drank SN" was in her post in the recovery thread.

As someone said, she was iconic to the end.

I suppose the obvious thing is, if she was recovering, why keep a store of SN?

I guess that the darkness is always lurking in the shadows, and the method is on hand "just in case". Sadly when the bad thoughts hit fast and hard it's then easy to collapse like a house of cards and convince yourself that recovery won't work and then just do it.

Very sad,, she was a kind lady.

• Aww..
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and aneurysm
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
There are quite a few people I've spoken to or come across here who left to recover. I think it's possible for some people, especially if there is one main issue that's causing someone to be suicidal. When you have multiple illnesses, that's when the chances of recovering become quite slim (just by looking at statistics and life outcomes) especially if you're terminally/chronically ill with a physical ailment that has no cure.

I think if one is depressed and hasn't yet exhausted all options, it can be possible to have some semblance of a normal life. It just depends on the individual, the options available to them, and the sort of state they are in.