R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Those are the only things that keep this machine going. Nature is ruthless, discarding all it sees unfit and everyone has expiry date. Then they get replaced by fresh bodies to do what they are programmed to.

I am tired of being a puppet.

Reactions: redeyepiranha and tiger b
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see life itself as nothing more than a virus that just causes harm and suffering, all that life does is create problems that there were never a need for in the first place. It really disgusts me how humans are expected to continue suffering no matter what even know life is just a meaningless process of waiting to cease existing.

Reactions: R_N
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
There can be to some. Some people find meaning in pursuing a talent. It can be very rewarding to be good at something and be able to pursue it to become better at it. That can relate to anything- inventors, artists, sports people. It's nice when other people recognise your talent and praise/pay you for it but some people can get by just doing it as a hobby. Finding meaning/fulfillment is a very personal thing. You can't really say someone is right or wrong to enjoy something. So- both the Nihilists and Individualusts have got it right in my view. It's down to the individual to believe and pursue what they want.

Reactions: Abandoned Character and R_N
F

Fire

Nov 23, 2023
inherently i don't think so. personally i think you can give yourself a reason to want to live, that is what most people do even if they are unknowingly doing it. i know my mom has told me her only reason she is still here is because of me. it seems a lot of people live for others, their hobbies, careers etc.
Reading, The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays by Albert Camus was quite interesting and made me think about why I am here. It starts off with an interesting quote very early on, "There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.". The whole thing deals with the philosophical approach of absurdism so if that is not your thing i'd give it a pass but it was an interesting read for me.

Reactions: R_N
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
It wouldn't surprise me if something enjoys or feeds off our confusion and pain... Oh wait they do and its fellow.human.beings!

• Yay!
Reactions: R_N and Abandoned Character