Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
I'm finding that because I'm so new to suffering, I sometimes say things that are insensitive to those who have been in pain for a lifetime, and for that I truly apologize.

It's starting to feel like there are very few people in SaSu who are in a similar situation to myself, where they are very new to chronic suffering. I'm going to be far more careful moving forward in what I say, because I don't want to come across as being insensitive or condescending to those who have been in this situation for far longer.

I'm realizing now that a lot of people have lost all hope in recovering, and even though I'm always trying to encourage recovery, I need to respect that. Either that or spend far more time in the recovery section of the forum .

After over 57 years of reasonably happy and healthy living, I now know, for the last two and a half years, what it's like to suffer. I'm very new to feeling this way, so if I come across as being overly optimistic or insensitive in any way, please know that is not my intention.

I feel like it would be a very good thing for every adult on Earth to experience what it feels like to suffer intensely, just for a week or two. Then everyone could relate to and understand what so many people are going through in the world. Along with trying to promote recovery, I also don't feel like it's fair at all that people are being forced to use risky and painful methods to relieve their suffering.

The population of Earth in 2024 is over 8.2 billion people. The number of people who currently qualify for the safe assisted dying programs is 400 million. We know that the vast majority of adults who are suffering chronically currently do NOT qualify for these programs, so that means there's a lot of people, even outside this forum, who are in this boat.

This is a huge global issue, and I just feel like if we communicate and join forces, there's a lot of good things that can come from the discussions in this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeQuitter, Natanael, lack and 1 other person
P

PI3.14

Oct 4, 2024
I cut off my user to be friends because of this. They had a happy life while I didn't which made it impossible for them to know how I feel.

We can only relate to things that we have experienced ourselves. Not having gone through any kind of suffering makes the person overly optimistic but in an idiotic/ignorant way.

Reactions: Bear1234 and Praying 4 a Miracle
Natanael

Natanael

Oct 13, 2024
I am relatively young, it is true that I have been going through difficulties for 6 years and my life has been a combination of some really good things and some really bad things.

But it's been relatively recently that I've been feeling that I'm too tired to continue.

Even so, I still have hope, but it is for a series of experiences and reasons that most likely other people have not had.

Sharing respectful points of view is good for trying to understand many thing about other people and ourselves, from the most fatalistic to the most optimistic.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle