ClownW0rld

ClownW0rld

It’s all so tiresome
May 13, 2020
This is my third attempt at college and my anxiety disorder will cause me to drop out again. I go to a decent school, I am reasonably intelligent, have friends, and overall have a lot potential for a good life. However, I just can't make any progress. I have severe OCD intrusive thoughts and a need for certainty that just taints any joy I experience in life and makes it pretty much impossible to make any progress. No matter what I do, my OCD intrusive thought convince me of things that aren't even real and it becomes debilitating. I have tried medication and therapy as well. Medication seems to only work for the first couple of months, and then I return to baseline and my symptoms come back as bad as ever. Therapy is similar. Works in the short term, but never actually solves the problem. I am 21 now and I am seeing my younger brother and his friends grow older and move on to college and they will all probably surpass me soon. I've been in college since 2019, and only have about a years worth of credits completed and have wasted thousand of dollars of my parents money by dropping courses, making me feel like even more of a burden. At this point, it doesn't seem to be getting any better. All I do with my time is just rot in my room all day and the most basic tasks feel like a monumental undertaking. I don't really see any path forward whatsoever. I want to ctb, but I know I would completely destroy my parents lives and would wipe them out in a way they could never recover from. Is there any way to reliably ctb while making it look like an accident of some kind?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Passersby and Someone123
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
No. They will find out. If you must exit, focus on doing it right and as comfortable as possible.

Reactions: ClownW0rld
Upvote 0
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
reliably ctb while making it look like an accident of some kind?
That's the issue. Most accidental deaths are just this - accidental - so there's a good chance you'll not only not die, but end up more fucked up afterwards. Crashing a car? OTC drug overdose? Physical injury with common items? All low lethality and high likelihood of lasting damage. Sadly the suckiness of the situation.

Your parents seem to care about you and you don't seem to hate them. You're also young. It might be worth talking to them about what you've said here, that you want to change things but the tried methods haven't worked long term. I'm a strong proponent of trying every option that isn't unacceptable to an individual and you're obviously open to trying things. Exhaust the list.

Reactions: LaVieEnRose, sleeps and Hirokami
Upvote 0
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Maybe another way to do things is to live at home and go to scholl part-time- that way you won't have to worry about wasting your parent's money. There are videos from therapists and from people who have beaten OCD that could have different approaches that could help you. I respect your choice to ctb if you decide that is what is best for you, but there are a lot of videos with different approaches to OCD- maybe there are new ideas that can help- I'll post a couple links following. This first one is by the mother of an OCD daughter and how the whole family worked together to solve this problem:
This video is from a girl about your age who found a way to overcome OCD:

Following is a video from a therapist about an approach to overcoming OCD:

If you search on youtube by "how to beat OCD" there will be many other videos- maybe you can find an approach that works for you. I hope you can find peace somehow.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClownW0rld
Upvote 0
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I think this topic has been covered numerous times and the general consensus was that if not impossible, it is pretty darn hard, and I can't remember any really fool-proof ideas you could get away with. I suppose if you're a drug user, like a heroin user, it would be possible to ctb on purpose, although it may be ruled an accidental overdose.

Upvote 0
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
Drowning in a lake will almost always be ruled a accidental death unless you have weights tied to you. Just take a long swim.

Upvote 0
Takamagahara

Takamagahara

Seeker Of Heaven
Aug 8, 2023
Opiate overdoses are always considered accidental drug deaths first and rarely considered suicides unless you left a note or some kind of clear intention of it.

Upvote 0