Thisgirlwantstosleep

Thisgirlwantstosleep

A pointless life had in a pointless world
Mar 11, 2019
I know some people see it from the view that the whole point of suicide is so you don't have to think/worry about things like that anymore but I would hate for that to happen to me.

I just want to fade out of existence but I don't have many options for suicide. I have an opportunity now that I'll very well never have again which is jumping but because I live in student accommodation it will likely cause a commotion even though I would do it in the dead of night.

The newspaper thing bothers me a lot though. There are enough people that don't like me to the point it could result in my family being harassed because of it. I also just find it extremely disrespectful and intrusive.

There are plenty of news stories I've read about people that have committed suicide that are written in such a derisive tone, really prying into why they think the person committed suicide with the implication that it's trivial or they're crazy, or just straight up getting the reason wrong all while making the person look terrible and just not giving a fuck.

There was this one article I read a few years ago about this young boy that killed himself. It was obvious to anyone that he was struggling and had financial troubles but the "journalist" said that he killed himself simply because he wasn't able to claim benefits/welfare anymore And it was written in a way that was more or less saying he was lazy and narcissistic and simply committed suicide because he couldn't get a hand out anymore and killed himself out of some kind of rage.

That's all that remains of that young man's legacy; a fucking careless, spiteful article. That is the last acknowledgement of his existence.

I'm too superstitious for my own good but there's something just so *wrong* about that.

I think death is scared and that dead people–unless they're someone like Hitler—should be given the utmost care and respect.

And then my next point–how do they even find that information? Some articles are very to the point and simply state what happened without even mentioning a name but others have pictures, full names, the job you worked at, your life backstory–

Out of all the things that are made illegal I think that should be one of them. It's just so immoral to me.

Reactions: katagiri83 and StolenLife
G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
You will be gone anyway and the media will post things that suits their propaganda it doesn't matter if it's true or false. Even up to now there are still some articles about Caroline Flack written in a negative way even though the sun deleted most of his articles once Caroline killed herself.

The thing is once you are gone you will not know what's happening and then there will be a next hot topic and life goes on and the cycle continues. I agree with what Callie Lewis said humans are weird and she said she preferred animals to humans and that's one of the reasons why she committed suicide. I remember reading her suicide note and I agreed with everything she said in that note. I'm just glad that she is now at eternal peace.

H

hananover

Jun 27, 2023
I struggle with the fact that my plan includes jumping from a public building and not wanting to have any of my info released to the public. I also think about the chances of people taking pics of my body. At the same time, I tell myself that if I succeed, I'll be dead, so they can do whatever they want at that point. I understand what you mean.