Tintypographer

Tintypographer

I am done as of 4-21-2023. Somewhere I am no more
Apr 29, 2020
Economists, banks, governments and large groups track indices throughout the world to help measure the "health" of different programs. Like the Dow Jones Industrial Average or LIBOR or unemployment indices, we can see if those numbers move up or down. We can use their movement to correlate to things like time of year, events like the housing market or covid and other events.

Does anyone know if a group or entity tracks a suicide index like "suicides per population" or "suicides against depression incidences" or anything like that whcih could be plotted against other values?

Just curious to see if suicide numbers have been trending up, down or staying the same through covid and the holidays and other things in the world and economy.

Reactions: 262653 and Disco Biscuit
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
db362-fig1.gif

Economists, banks, governments and large groups track indices throughout the world to help measure the "health" of different programs. Like the Dow Jones Industrial Average or LIBOR or unemployment indices, we can see if those numbers move up or down. We can use their movement to correlate to things like time of year, events like the housing market or covid and other events.

Does anyone know if a group or entity tracks a suicide index like "suicides per population" or "suicides against depression incidences" or anything like that whcih could be plotted against other values?

Just curious to see if suicide numbers have been trending up, down or staying the same through covid and the holidays and other things in the world and economy.
Sure lot's of places. I did a two minute google search and came up with lots of sites with this information. I specified USA. The chart shows just USA suicides.

Last edited: