• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
I wanna do partial but this is my biggest hindrance

AMATERASU :-)

Dec 21, 2023
I'm going to try rolling plastic wrap around the neck and a clothes peg, only to figure out the location of carotides .
I hope I can feel the fainting sensation before I stop it.

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
I'm going to try rolling plastic wrap around the neck and a clothes peg, only to figure out the location of carotides .
I hope I can feel the fainting sensation before I stop it.
if you wrap the other end of your ligature around the anchor instead of tying the anchor with a knot then it might unwrap itself once you pass out or at least that's what I've heard, lemme know if this goes well and if there's any marks. also I'm curious how long you stay unconscious for after passing out so lemme know if it was like under a minute or smth

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
What is with all the practice posts at the moment?

You don't practice hanging, you will end up dead. That's great if it's what you want but this is not a cry for help or attention method.

Just a few seconds and you are out cold, then dead a minute later.

Please stop practice with this method unless you actually want to CTB.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd

Dec 21, 2023
if you wrap the other end of your ligature around the anchor instead of tying the anchor with a knot then it might unwrap itself once you pass out or at least that's what I've heard, lemme know if this goes well and if there's any marks. also I'm curious how long you stay unconscious for after passing out so lemme know if it was like under a minute or smth

Hmm this time Im only try to feel 'dizzy' but only to know if Im doing right squeezing my carotids, thats what I expect, and that moment stop without failing faint (obviously hehe)

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
Hmm this time Im only try to feel 'dizzy' but only to know if Im doing right squeezing my carotids, thats what I expect, and that moment stop without failing faint (obviously hehe)
fair enough but still hopefully the wrapping around tip helps you find what you need and if it doesn't cause any neck marks then please let me know

Dec 21, 2023

You don't practice hanging, you will end up dead. That's great if it's what you want but this is not a cry for help or attention method.

Hmm I am not sure if believe you or not, you say that while other poeple says the opposite (that actually it is difficult to bring this method to success/death)

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
Hmm I am not sure if believe you or not, you say that while other poeple says the opposite (that actually it is difficult to bring this method to success/death)
You need practice so you find your carotids otherwise you'll choke your trachea and although it could still kill you the pain of your trachea getting choked will cause SI to kick in don't listen to em there's plenty of people who've practiced it and I would if I knew how to @UKscotty

Reactions: AMATERASU :-)
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
How can it be difficult when hanging is the most common and most reliable method behind firearms?

Practice all you want but you are very likely to end up dead.

We literally have a hundred page long thread on exactly how to do it, it doesn't need more theory and fake input.

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
How can it be difficult when hanging is the most common and most reliable method behind firearms?

Practice all you want but you are very likely to end up dead.

We literally have a hundred page long thread on exactly how to do it, it doesn't need more theory and fake input.
Alright chillax part of the reason we have method megathreads is precisely so people are certain it will work so idk why you're mad at me for engaging in part of the reason this site was founded?

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Alright chillax part of the reason we have method megathreads is precisely so people are certain it will work so idk why you're mad at me for engaging in part of the reason this site was founded?
I'm mad at you telling people hanging is not dangerous and is safe to practice. That's just outright a lie and borderline negligence.

Hanging is not safe and is not difficult, you simply stop the blood flow and your are goner.

Dec 21, 2023
fair enough but still hopefully the wrapping around tip helps you find what you need and if it doesn't cause any neck marks then please let me know

Practiced a while before and there were no issues with the neck protected with the plastic stuff I mentioned (the socks by each side included). But I'm not sure I did everything right I think I did... However I had troubles to undo the knot one of the times (no idea why, I had to fall back on the knife) , thats why I stopped very fast when a felt the first sign of dizzyness (the next time), I need to ensure 100% of 'mastering' the issue before going further hehe , first my head started getting red and after 15 seconds or so suddently felt that brief dizziness and that moment for the reason mentioned pulled the knot out.

Later I possibly am going to practice a bit more.

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
Practiced a while before and there were no issues with the neck protected with the plastic stuff I mentioned (the socks by each side included). But I'm not sure I did everything right I think I did... However I had troubles to undo the knot one of the times (no idea why, I had to fall back on the knife) , thats why I stopped very fast when a felt the first sign of dizzyness (the next time), I need to ensure 100% of 'mastering' the issue before going further hehe , first my head started getting red and after 15 seconds or so suddently felt that brief dizziness and that moment for the reason mentioned pulled the knot out.

Later I possibly am going to practice a bit more.
thanks! what plastic item or type did you use? also is the plastic the ligature or just padded around it?

Dec 21, 2023
thanks! what plastic item or type did you use? also is the plastic the ligature or just padded around it?

normal kitchen plastic, a long piece folded into a band

I just wrapped it around the neck and the rope went over it.

february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I'm mad at you telling people hanging is not dangerous and is safe to practice. That's just outright a lie and borderline negligence.

Hanging is not safe and is not difficult, you simply stop the blood flow and your are goner.
I don't think anyone is saying it's "safe" to practice hanging. That's kind of the whole point. I think it's safe to assume most people on this forum aren't here to practice safety rules out of any regard for their life.

No suicide method is as simple as you think. Yes a lot of people die, but you're not comparing that number to the amount of people who fail using this method (the real number we will never know, as many people will keep it a secret). Even jumping, which should theoretically be the simplest method, still requires someone to figure out the proper height and way of landing, fighting their own SI the whole way through. Nothing about suicide is ever simple.

As someone who plans to hang I understand the desire to practice. If I die practicing, at least it worked. If I don't, at least I know better what to expect when I do it again

Reactions: permanently tired and FutureHanger
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
normal kitchen plastic, a long piece folded into a band

I just wrapped it around the neck and the rope went over it.
oh so you connected the plastic to the actual rope, connected the rope to the anchor then used the plastic as a noose? how'd you connect the plastic and rope?

Dec 21, 2023
oh so you connected the plastic to the actual rope, connected the rope to the anchor then used the plastic as a noose? how'd you connect the plastic and rope?

Nonono, didn't used the plastic as noose, it was adjusted to my neck with a clothes peg from behind, so the rope doesnt rub directly agaisnt the skin.
However I used a somewhat rough rope, thats why I protected my skin

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
Nonono, didn't used the plastic as noose, it was adjusted to my neck with a clothes peg from behind, so the rope doesnt rub directly agaisnt the skin.
However I used a somewhat rough rope, thats why I protected my skin
what does the clothes peg do and where do you place it?

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
Imagine a long plastic band, you wrap it around your neck and close the two extremes at the back with a clothes peg.
oh ok but i'm thinking wouldn't the plastic make the noose slip? I'm using an extension cord which is kinda slippery so that's why I'm wondering also do you wrap it around your whole neck or just make it thin enough to cover the area of your neck you're testing (just so you understand what i mean say you're testing for the carotid just under your jaw, do you only cover the area just under your jaw or do you make the wrap tall enough to cover the whole neck) ?

Dec 21, 2023
oh ok but i'm thinking wouldn't the plastic make the noose slip? I'm using an extension cord which is kinda slippery so that's why I'm wondering also do you wrap it around your whole neck or just make it thin enough to cover the area of your neck you're testing (just so you understand what i mean say you're testing for the carotid just under your jaw, do you only cover the area just under your jaw or do you make the wrap tall enough to cover the whole neck) ?
Yes, as you say I only cover the area where the rope goes (below the jaw), not the entire neck, it didn't give me any problems, was pretty easy to arrange

I think a cable can be harder on the skin (I don't know for sure) in my case it is a polypropylene rope (1cm thick)

Last edited:
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
Yes, as you say I only cover the area where the rope goes (below the jaw), not the entire neck, it didn't give me any problems, was pretty easy to arrange
okay also for the carotid for you was it really beside your adams apple as people say or was it more to the side?

Dec 21, 2023
okay also for the carotid for you was it really beside your adams apple as people say or was it more to the side?
not sure if I hitted the carotid, but I placed the sockes by both sides of the neck and I think it did something...
cannot practice more for today because is people at home =( ...

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
not sure if I hitted the carotid, but I placed the sockes by both sides of the neck and I think it did something...
cannot practice more for today because is people at home =( ...
okay I just wanted to know if I should target the pulse near my apple or if I should go to the side. thanks for the info you've given me I'll give it a shot as soon as I get my extension cord

Necrosis

Necrosis

Literally a bear
Feb 23, 2023

Dawg there's no reason to get so mad at others over it. There is different methods of hanging, not everyone just wants to tie a rope and jump. I personally don't want to use any sort of hanging method because of failure rate and risk of permanent damage. But from reading up on different methods and what people are practicing for it isn't that odd. You can either die of lack of airflow (the uncommon preference) or from blood flow (the "night night" method is usually what people are practicing for) and losing airflow is the easy way but its more painful. People are practicing to make sure they're getting the night night method correctly for when they want to do it for real. Since everyone's bodies are different getting the two sweet spots without fucking with your airflow intake can be a challenge for some. Easier said than done. . In a lot of the practicing posts I see talks about safeguards and hiding evidence (this post for example) but they're never saying it's safe. It's damage control for lots of those who just aren't ready yet. I can understand your frustration, but have some empathy for people who are particular about how they want to do. I can understand why some just want to fade into unconsciousness and not be scared of waking up a vegetable.

Reactions: FutureHanger and AMATERASU :-)
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
@AMATERASU :-) If I fold/tuck the plastic wrap somewhere would that ruin it too much to be able to be put back into shape? cuz I'm thinking of putting it in my jacket pocket when I go out to practice on a tree but maybe that'd coil or wrinkle it?

Dec 21, 2023
Mmmm I have no idea sorry ): in the tests I removed it and put it on several times and it's ok but cannot tell you more.
Good luck

Reactions: FutureHanger
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
@AMATERASU :-) 1000005074 sorry for the poor quality but is this the type of plastic wrap you meant?

Dec 21, 2023
the one i used actually was plastic wrap, (didnt knew the actual name)

Cling wrap

Reactions: FutureHanger